Disable or change 'about cookies' script.

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Disable or change 'about cookies' script.

Post by TadeuszD »

I would suggest to change or disable script which shows black bar with text "This website uses cookies to personalise ads, bla, bla...".

I know my rights and usually I have disabled cookie support in my browser. It causes that black bar appears on every page. Of course, clicking "Got it" doesn't work, because script uses cookies (sic!)... This black bar is very annoying, because the page content every time moves slowly down after page is loaded and there is no possibility to click proper link...
Could you change the script or disable at least this page movement?
Chrill

Re: Disable or change 'about cookies' script.

Post by Chrill »

Well, the site does use cookies. It's a message likely to remain. You might want to look at enabling it on this site.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I seem to remember Owen saying that the message is injected by the ad provider and thus he has no control over it.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

It's google TOS with its adsense programme which requires websites to inform users about cookies.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Just guessing, then, that your ad-blocking add-on, the browser, or even your computer's or firewall's HOSTS file would have to block the entirety of the Google Adsense-related domains? I wonder if there's a Greasemonkey script for this?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The script is hosted on an external server - I can't remember exactly what the URL is (on my phone so can't check) but if you view the page source you should be able to block it if you're using an ad blocker. Otherwise I'm not sure if there's an easy way I could disable it if you have cookies disabled.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

orudge wrote:The script is hosted on an external server...
Indeed, the script is taken from cc.silktide.com, not from google adsense server.
At this moment I found workaround - I added line below to my chrome/userContent.css file (tested in Firefox). It prevents displaying message bar without interference with the page code. ;)

Code: Select all

.cc_banner-wrapper  {display: none !important;}

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”