Add Train fever as a subforum?

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Dune
Engineer
Engineer

Add Train fever as a subforum?

Post by Dune »

Train fever looks very promising, and this might be an interesting alternative to OpenTTD and other transporting games in this genre. Betatesting starting soon!

http://www.train-fever.com/
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Add Train fever as a subforum?

Post by Transportman »

The Train Fever website seems to have its own forum, so I doubt a new subforum here is really needed.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

As always, if there's demand for it, it may be considered. Typically if we end up with a very large topic or two in Off-Topic about it, then that makes it more likely.
Dune
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dune »

It will be very interesting to see how successful this game will be. The TTD-fans might have too high expectations for titles of the same genre. There are still no real competition to Transport Tycoon when it comes to gameplay.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Dune wrote:It will be very interesting to see how successful this game will be. The TTD-fans might have too high expectations for titles of the same genre. There are still no real competition to Transport Tycoon when it comes to gameplay.
I have no expectations for it. Been aware of it for some months, doesn't interest me in the slightest. I much prefer OpenTTD style graphics (original, not the 32bpp) to what this game appears to be using.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by frosch »

Dune wrote:There are still no real competition to Transport Tycoon when it comes to gameplay.
Currently I see the best chances for a competitior in Factorio. It's no model railway game, but could become a nice transport game (if you choose your objectives accordingly, like no logistic robots, as few pipes as possible, and mostly belts). (while there are also trains in Factorio, the track builing is a PITA)
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁
Dune
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dune »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrHb2h3kOpM

This looks very promising :) Cant wait for it to be released!

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”