Unread post icon without new posts

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Unread post icon without new posts

Post by Redirect Left »

Hiya.

I'm having a problem currently, basically the 'News' catergory keeps changing to orange, indicating a new post has been made, even though there isn't one.
If i press 'Mark Forums Read', it will change back to the no new message grey. However shortly later, it will re-appear as orange, even though the latest post was still by our dear Mr. Rudge, several days ago.

To indicate the problem attached is a screen capture. Notice the orange icon next to 'News', despite no new messages since Jan 21st. I frequently mark all forums read, and as indicated later down the image, OpenTTD Problems / Suggestions has no new posts, since after orudge posted back on the 21st, and that is correctly not showing as having new posts.

Any ideas?
news.jpg
(280.53 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Unread post icon without new posts

Post by Transportman »

Replies to Global Announcements are marked as unread replies in News, but that is not reflected in the Last post column, see also this topic.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Ah, yet more wonders from the phpBB team I see.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, I'm afraid that's due to global announcements. There should now be no open global announcements though, so hopefully no problem for a while again now.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”