Massive slowness...

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Massive slowness...

Post by Purno »

Takes me roughly 30 secs to load a page here. Massive slowness is happening for roughly 30 minutes now. All other websites seem to load just fine.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Massive slowness...

Post by Trond »

been like that for 4-5 hours for me. Seems its fixed right now!
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yeah, seems fixed right after I posted my message.

Should've posted it sooner :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Mister_X
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mister_X »

At this moment, loading a page will take up to 15 seconds. Sometimes it's fast, but for now the site is very slow.
The next users are online now: andel, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Dave, Eddi, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, lukasz1985, mag1989, Mister_X, N8king.

Are the spiders and bots the cause of the slowness of this site?
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Yeah, the slowness is back :p

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Definitely massive right now. ^^
Mister_X wrote:(...) Dave (...)

I suggest a slightly different theory ...
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah the site is very slow for me, it takes up to a minute to load some pages. It's been like this since last nights automated backup (around 9pm eastern time).

The sites been slow all night and day for me
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I'm getting massive slow downs, and then it magically goes back to normal.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Sorry, I'll try to look into this properly tomorrow. Server load is low, looks like it may be the same problem that we previously had.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

yup still slow as molasses on my end. Everything else loads just fine
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Sorry guys, I've been posting in the old thread where we've posted about this slowness before:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=67579

In any case, it seemed fine this morning, now it's hell all over again.

Also, I don't know if it's related or not, I'm trying to access the online web-translator page but it results in the "500" error for the last two days.
500.JPG
500.JPG (33.03 KiB) Viewed 662 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

yeah its back to being screwed up again, all slow and stuff... getting tired of this.... though I know owen and the team can only do so much
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Yeah, its back... So slow I fell asleep while loading a page, and when I woke up, it was still loading...

Bertrand Russell

WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Mister_X wrote:At this moment, loading a page will take up to 15 seconds. Sometimes it's fast, but for now the site is very slow.
The next users are online now: andel, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Dave, Eddi, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, lukasz1985, mag1989, Mister_X, N8king.

I would say it's more likely all the Geusts that are wanting to register (as spammers) or existing spammers that never got to post. I haven't seen many 500 errors this time though.
Voyager One wrote:In any case, it seemed fine this morning, now it's hell all over again.

Also, I don't know if it's related or not, I'm trying to access the online web-translator page but it results in the "500" error for the last two days.
500.JPG
Try reporting that to the DevZone issue tracker.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Is it me or does the massive slowness always occur at the same time of the day? I get the massive slowness in early mornings quite frequently...
Image Image
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Well, I've been thinking the same @Purno, so if my calculations are correct, it should be quite fast again pretty soon (local time) and then slow back down about 1600 hours (local time, in ~8+ hours)...

EDIT: So far, so good... Its fast again now... ~09.00

Bertrand Russell

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Its fast again for me, but the horrible slowness seems to be random on my end.... god this is driving me nuts, when I just want to check up on the forums or see if theres any grf's for something I want and I spend a half hour just looking through a few posts with this horrible lag....

Wheres the nearest guns shop? :lol:
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

OMG Its back, the massive slowness is back.... and its getting worse every page I load.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Yep, for me too... :(
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Yeah, terrible today :(

Bertrand Russell

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”