Global Announcements and New Replies mark

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Global Announcements and New Replies mark

Post by Purno »

Apparently each time someone replies in a Global Announcement topic, all posts in that topic get marked as New unread replies. At least on my PC. Does this happen to others too? Can anything be done about this?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Global Announcements and New Replies mark

Post by orudge »

Yes, it seems to happen quite a bit for me - I guess it's just a phpBB bug. Hopefully phpBB 3.1 may fix it.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Can't the TT-forums meet topic be demoted to a normal announcement, rather than a global announcement? We seem to have a total of 3 global annoucements at this moment, but at least the other two are locked :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It's a global announcement to try to get the attention of those who may not usually look at the Off-Topic forum. It seems that every year people come to me and say "oh, I didn't realise there was a meet" because they don't look at the OT forum.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

In that case then maybe make it a locked sticky with just a link to the 'other' topic?
Then at least there's no issue with the broken unread post thingy.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I don't understand what this has to do with the off-topic section. It's the News forum which gets highlighted with a new reply :P
Image Image

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”