Reply count

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Reply count

Post by SkeedR »

When viewing a forum/sub-forum the reply count is one higher than the count given when viewing a topic. Can this be rectified?
Last known as: Weirdy
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Reply count

Post by Hyronymus »

SkeedR wrote:When viewing a forum/sub-forum the reply count is one higher than the count given when viewing a topic. Can this be rectified?
I believe you mix up 2 things: the reply count on the overview and the post count in the topic view. Post count = starting post + replies, reply count = replies.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:
SkeedR wrote:When viewing a forum/sub-forum the reply count is one higher than the count given when viewing a topic. Can this be rectified?
I believe you mix up 2 things: the reply count on the overview and the post count in the topic view. Post count = starting post + replies, reply count = replies.
Looks like it indeed.

viewtopic.php doesn't show the reply count anywhere for me, only post count. Not sure that could be different per theme.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

viewtopic.php shows "Page 500 of 500 [ 9997 posts ]" to the right of the "Post Reply" button, at least on the TT and subSilver themes. viewforum.php shows "9996" replies, because there are indeed 9996 replies, plus the starting post, which is no doubt where SkeedR is getting confused, as Hyronymus pointed out.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

...Huh. Would you look at that.
Last known as: Weirdy

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”