Enquiry about images placed inline

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

2006TTD
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Enquiry about images placed inline

Post by 2006TTD »

I would like to know what is the maximum resolution allowed for images to be shown directly without clicking a separate link? So next time I can post with the images shown conveniently.
Face the fearful with no fear, and its fearfulness disappears.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Enquiry about images placed inline

Post by Hyronymus »

I quote our forum rules:
4. Attachments
  • Users may upload up to three attachments per post. Attachments should only be posted in appropriate topics. Inappropriately placed attachments may be removed by a moderator or administrator.
  • Attachments may be up to 2MB in size each. Please note that large inline images (any image with dimensions of up to 800x600 will be displayed inline) may be removed by a moderator or administrator.
  • A list of allowed file extensions is available by clicking on the appropriate link in the "Add an Attachment" section of the posting form.
  • Attachments are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, etc. Vulgar, illegal or indecent attachments may be removed.
  • If you believe an attachment to be a violation of copyright law, please contact Owen Rudge (forum username orudge), and provide the following: a link to the topic the attachment resides in, a link to the specific attachment (if multiple attachments exist in the topic), a description of how exactly the attachment is violating copyright, and preferably a link to the original source material the copyright of which the attachment is violating. He will speak with the other administrators and moderators about this and reach a conclusion. Action may not be immediate; please bear with us on this as we have to consider all sides of the argument. Priority may be given to requests from registered forum users over unregistered users.
See the red text.
2006TTD
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2006TTD »

Thank you very much! I should have looked up the forum rules first however. :)
Face the fearful with no fear, and its fearfulness disappears.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

That reminds me - how about adding a spoiler BB code like this one? There might not be much to spoil about TTD, but this would allow to "hide" big images and easily display them inline with one click (for example a series of externally linked pictures or something). Makes even more sense with an image resize mod - but mods are extra work, that code is just a few secs of c&p ;)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Once again, that falls under mods. Even though I personally would agree with you in claiming there is great benefit in such a button, I'm afraid we can also live without one. The screenshot topics flourish even without such a button.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Chrill wrote:Once again, that falls under mods. Even though I personally would agree with you in claiming there is great benefit in such a button, I'm afraid we can also live without one. The screenshot topics flourish even without such a button.
Quite so, the number of occasions where it goes "wrong" are almost neglectable.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”