Increasing attachment limits

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Increasing attachment limits

Post by Nawdic »

Morning all,
I propose an increase in the maximum attachment limit, as I have found that some people are really unnecessarily double or triple posting with more or less pictures/items of the same subject, so an increase to about 10 attachments would suffice for me and everyone else.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Increasing attachment limits

Post by Purno »

Multiple posts with attachments don't bother me, most of the times it happens in screenshot forums.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

47407 wrote:Morning all,
I propose an increase in the maximum attachment limit, as I have found that some people are really unnecessarily double or triple posting with more or less pictures/items of the same subject, so an increase to about 10 attachments would suffice for me and everyone else.
Do you have examples of those practises outside the screenshot are?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I would prefer to leave the limit as 3 to keep things manageable; multiple posts for the purpose of posting more attachments is acceptable and not something we will complain about.
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

To be honest, it really isn't if you are posting stuff about the same subject. It just makes everything look untidy, in my opinion, when you double/triplepost.

Hyro - a prime example would be the UK Bus topic in Locomotiom Mods section.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

47407 wrote:To be honest, it really isn't if you are posting stuff about the same subject. It just makes everything look untidy, in my opinion, when you double/triplepost.

Hyro - a prime example would be the UK Bus topic in Locomotiom Mods section.
Thanks 47407, I call what's happening overthere just silly though (see my reply in that thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 3#p1006083)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Just a friendly ask, but where is our friendly Badger the Locomotion moderator?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Just a friendly ask, but where is our friendly Badger the Locomotion moderator?
Probably in his sett ;).
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

We should smoke him out then, but this gets a bit offtopic. :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

He has been a bit under the weather recently, and away from the internet all weekend.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”