Screenshot forum for Loco?

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Screenshot forum for Loco?

Post by Nawdic »

Evening all,
Just a thought, would it be feasible to create a screenshot forum for Locomotion, as in like OTTD's forum,

-OR-

Create a separate screenshot forum altogether for Loco, OTTD, etc etc...

Just a thought, thinking about the amount of screenshots we're currently getting, and the current rise in posts for the current Loco topic.

EDIT: and yes, I may be the one that suggests A LOT of possibly good things that backfire for the forums, but this seems like a keeper! :P
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Screenshot forum for Loco?

Post by orudge »

Well, we could allow Loco screenshots in the generic screenshot forum; but it's still under the "Transport Tycoon" category. I'm not sure what, if anything, could be done about that. This may nevertheless be the best strategy, with a sticky topic in the Loco forums pointing to it?

I don't think there is really enough demand for a dedicated Locomotion screenshot forum, though.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

There is already a stickied topic in the Locomotion forums which isn't exactly inundated with heavy posting.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I have often wondered why there is no screenshot subforum for Locomotion.

While yes, there isn't much firm demand for it right now, I wonder if it would see a lot of traffic and posts if it existed.

If you build it, he will come!
Without Trains America Stops

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Then i will suggest to rename:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=39

To "Locomotion Screenshots, Scenario`s and Savegames

And make a rule that people need to add:

[SCREENSHOTS]
[SCENARIO]
[SAVEGAME]

Before the names of there topics to keep it nice and tidy. (Just like in the modification section.)

And as far i see the whole Locomotion forum can be cleaned up by removing/merging some sections.

"Locomotion Beginners" can be merged with "Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials" and renamed to "Locomotion Problems, FAQs, Tutorial and Beginner Questions"

So it will look like:

General Locomotion (Not sure if still usefull)
Locomotion Problems, FAQs, Tutorial and Beginner Questions
Locomotion Screenshots, Scenarios and Saved Games
Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Something like that could work - although I might just leave the Problems forum with its current title, as it would be rather long with "Beginner Questions" now. Besides, the game's been out long enough now that we probably don't have quite so many beginners any more. ;)
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Got to disagree with that thinking, Owen. TT is much older and people are still discovering it now.

Got one of my bus driver friends recently interested in OpenTTD after I told him about the game. He tried it to see if he could run a transport company better than his bosses. I think I got him hooked!
Without Trains America Stops

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:Well, we could allow Loco screenshots in the generic screenshot forum; but it's still under the "Transport Tycoon" category. I'm not sure what, if anything, could be done about that. This may nevertheless be the best strategy, with a sticky topic in the Loco forums pointing to it?
TBH, as a regular visitor of the TT Screenshot forum, I rather not have LoMo screenshots in the same forum; It's quite another game and it doesn't look as good as TT does nowadays. Though I guess when people would tag the topics with "[Locomotion]" or something in the titles, it'll do. :P

Or a subforum in the screenshot forum, though I'm not too happy with subforums in general :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Railwaymodeler wrote:Got to disagree with that thinking, Owen. TT is much older and people are still discovering it now.
I'd argue that TT has a higher profile than Locomotion though, so we probably have relatively more people discovering TT than we do Locomotion. But that's just my uneducated guess, really!
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Purno wrote:
orudge wrote:Well, we could allow Loco screenshots in the generic screenshot forum; but it's still under the "Transport Tycoon" category. I'm not sure what, if anything, could be done about that. This may nevertheless be the best strategy, with a sticky topic in the Loco forums pointing to it?
TBH, as a regular visitor of the TT Screenshot forum, I rather not have LoMo screenshots in the same forum; It's quite another game and it doesn't look as good as TT does nowadays. Though I guess when people would tag the topics with "[Locomotion]" or something in the titles, it'll do. :P

Or a subforum in the screenshot forum, though I'm not too happy with subforums in general :P
On the other side of the coin there is me though, I do occasionally visit the LoMo section to look at the screenshots and I am annoyed that it is just a single thread in those forums so I can't easily tell if there are new LoMo screenshots inside that section.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”