Refresh

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Arundel
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: This Galaxy, This solar system, Earth, Europe, Britain, England, Essex, Southend-On-Sea, My computer

Refresh

Post by Arundel »

When your in a particular forum (E.G. general) The page would automaticly refresh every 5 minutes so that if a page gets new posts you can see it!
See YA all later
TTFN Ta Ta for now

arundel (arundle 2)

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :O ?( ;( X( 8o :] :)) :rolleyes: :baby: :tongue: :bow:
sultana
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by sultana »

To lazy eh? Well that would require hacking phpbb (I think) and owen doesn't really want to do that :roll:
Things to do:
1) Bend
2) Cheese It
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

hmm it's possible but it's pretty useless to me and VERY irritating if you happen to have the page running in the background or you are looking around...
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

I don't think that a good idea. A lot of people here use dial up. And if they leave there pc connected with the forums open it will keep the connection active.
ImageImageImageImageImage
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I'd rather that didn't happen, as if I'm reading through topics, I have three windows - one with the main forum home page, one with an individual forum listing, and one with the topics. I go from the last unread message to the one at the top, and I'd prefer it if it didn't refresh and mess up the way I do things. ;)

I don't think there is an option built into phpBB to do this - it would be quite possible, but I'm not going to, sorry.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

You could download and install this programm.

RefreshIE is a add-on for Internet Explorer, that automatically reloads selected web pages at a user-defined interval. You can use it to monitor forums, stock quotes, auctions etc. The program can manage multiple instances of IE and store settings between sessions..

You can get it here:

http://www.webattack.com/php/download.php?id=104557
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”