Rank Images

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Rank Images

Post by CombatGold1 »

How many ranks do you have here total? It may be worth putting small rank images (can be done on admin panel) like there were on Omni's TT forums, I can make them if you like, I made my own on my forums. It's just a symbol of your rank. On mine theres 8 lights in a row and a light comes on every time you go up a rank. 6 member ranks, (0 lights on for 1st rank and banned), light 6 for mod, light 7 for supermod and light 8 for admin, putting different colours for mod, smod and admin. Obviousally without the smod light because you dont have them here.
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

You mean an avatar for every rank or just a number of stars below the rank's name or below the avatar?
I don't really like that system. I prefer a star rank system based on other user's votes, but that's in ubb fora.
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

look at this screeny
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I see, I stay with what I said in my first post.
way_2_fun
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by way_2_fun »

Yuck, I don't like it either.
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

sheesh that's 2 posts with me in them.....oh welll....more publicity....I like them, myself.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein
sultana
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by sultana »

I wouldn't mind them that much.... though I'm not sure i like the colours on yours combat :roll:
Things to do:
1) Bend
2) Cheese It
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I prefer text .... 'Tycoon' is OK :wink: :wink: :wink:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rank Images

Post by spaceman-spiff »

CombatGold1 wrote:How many ranks do you have here total? It may be worth putting small rank images (can be done on admin panel) like there were on Omni's TT forums, I can make them if you like, I made my own on my forums. It's just a symbol of your rank. On mine theres 8 lights in a row and a light comes on every time you go up a rank. 6 member ranks, (0 lights on for 1st rank and banned), light 6 for mod, light 7 for supermod and light 8 for admin, putting different colours for mod, smod and admin. Obviousally without the smod light because you dont have them here.
Sounds very complicated, do people even care or look at those things ?
I for know everyone on this forum and I don't need reminders how someone is doing
But it's really up to Owen and Matt to decide about such things
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
sultana
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by sultana »

It's not that complicated, all it really is, is an image associated with your rank, it's just placed below your rank. So shadow, you'll still have "tycoon" as your rank :wink:
Things to do:
1) Bend
2) Cheese It
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

sultana wrote:It's not that complicated, all it really is, is an image associated with your rank, it's just placed below your rank. So shadow, you'll still have "tycoon" as your rank :wink:
ok .. but images like Combat show ... looks a bit ... ugly .... maybe instead of them any vehicles graphic 8) ... like with Tycoon 'Dinger 1000' :P
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:
sultana wrote:It's not that complicated, all it really is, is an image associated with your rank, it's just placed below your rank. So shadow, you'll still have "tycoon" as your rank :wink:
ok .. but images like Combat show ... looks a bit ... ugly .... maybe instead of them any vehicles graphic 8) ... like with Tycoon 'Dinger 1000' :P
Hehe, and for you the 'kirby' :P (j/k)
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

spaceman-spiff wrote:
SHADOW-XIII wrote:
Hehe, and for you the 'kirby' :P (j/k)
Kirby for Mods :mrgreen: ... not Kirby can be for new members :wink:
sultana
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by sultana »

lol and slowly make your way up to the mags :D
Or you could have (say the T.I.M) engine and have carriages inbetween, one car for a newbie, the two cars, then three etc. then have mods and admins say have different types of carriages.
Things to do:
1) Bend
2) Cheese It
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

why only trains ????
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

sultana wrote:lol and slowly make your way up to the mags :D
Or you could have (say the T.I.M) engine and have carriages inbetween, one car for a newbie, the two cars, then three etc. then have mods and admins say have different types of carriages.
The idea isn't bad, just imagine the number of possibilities
When you start, a kirby without carriages, then add some carriages as you stay longer
When mods and admins agree, put a new and faster train, then again add carr.

Off-course this would be waaayy too much work
sultana
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by sultana »

Well not really (i think), all you need is to build a kirby/whatever and add a car, take a screenie, add a car, take a screenie etc. Then link (or so) the image with the rank....
Things to do:
1) Bend
2) Cheese It
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

spaceman-spiff wrote:Off-course this would be waaayy too much work
much ??? I think not much ... just put in few (maybe even in one) *.php files under the part of script that displaying those text ('Tycoon') ....
I think it is easy .. just find properly part, remeber it, use search in files, you will have all files with that ... and add few lines (not more than 10)
sultana
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by sultana »

I think there's an option in the admin panel (or an official mod) which lets you do it, because they have it at the phpbb.com boards...
Things to do:
1) Bend
2) Cheese It
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, that's quite possible, and it's something I may do sometime, when my main computer is back up. Probably just stars or something to start with, but a lengthening train would be possible...

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”