Account disappeared

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Account disappeared

Post by ebla71 »

Just had a problem that my account initially created 07.04.2021 disappeared a day or two ago. It was literally completely gone together with my initial 2-3 posts, including one in the Screenshot competition thread and I could just register again under the same name. Any idea of why that happened? Guess it was a technical issue and hopefully not me doing anything wrong and getting deleted?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Account disappeared

Post by orudge »

I’ll look into this - it shouldn’t have happened. Presumably it was mistaken for a spam account and deleted; my apologies to you for this. Was the account under the same name?
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Yes, exactly the same name. I can tell from my post in the SOTMC thread that is was still there on 07.04.2021 01:43 when Fredhino posted but was gone when I saw (as a guest) the post below by AlexTheDacian from 13.04.2021 14:53 - maybe the time window helps? I vaguely recall a related issue mentioned here some time back

Have been a "silent" reader of this forum for possibly up to a decade but only now was inspired to register to contribute to the competition and also since I want to do some translations for some of my favorite NewGRFs.

Normally too busy with professional life and neither good enough programming and drawing skills to really contribute to code and graphics but will would like to take a bit more active participation.

Thanks for looking into the issue.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

It looks like your account was accidentally included in a purge of spam accounts. My apologies for that. I think we could potentially restore deleted posts, but I'd need to investigate database backups to do that.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

As I did not save the picture and text for the SOTMC that would be much appreciated. However, if it's really a lot of work, I would also not mind.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If I accidentally deleted your account, I apologize. 😥
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

No worries - I can imagine it is difficult to keep the forum free of spam and with one click you can possibly send somebody to "nirvana".

But hey, it's shortly after Easter and so I have (been) resurrected :D

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”