a few questions!

Discuss a Transport Tycoon-like game being programmed by forum users.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

sab0t
Engineer
Engineer

a few questions!

Post by sab0t »

sorry if some of the information I'm asking about already lives somewhere on the site, but I've had some trouble finding what I'm looking for, as well as some dead links so I figured this would be easiest.

what is Transport Empire primarily being developed in, as a language? I skimmed through some documents in coding standards, and, while there were code examples, they were typically generic enough that it could have been several languages.

are there any other languages being used as well?

is the design document available? the link on the main page 404's

how many people are actively contributing to development? how many people are perhaps less "active" but still involved?

i am curious as this is something that even if marginally realistic in scope, would be something I'd enjoy contributing to. I've been coding in a professional capacity for over 2 years now and (hopefully / probably) have some talent to offer if things look well enough :)

in any case, I'd also like to say to everyone involved that I absolutely love what you're doing for the community of people that loves these types of games. You guys and girls rock.
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Re: a few questions!

Post by uzurpator »

sab0t wrote:sorry if some of the information I'm asking about already lives somewhere on the site, but I've had some trouble finding what I'm looking for, as well as some dead links so I figured this would be easiest.
No problem. :)
what is Transport Empire primarily being developed in, as a language? I skimmed through some documents in coding standards, and, while there were code examples, they were typically generic enough that it could have been several languages.
TE is written in C++ with a few interweaning parts in Cg, where applicable. Some weather effects, such as waves or seasonal changes, are done with C++ code driving Cg shaders.
are there any other languages being used as well?
There was a plan to write a LUA back end for loading/parsing config files, but An00bis failed to deliver.
is the design document available? the link on the main page 404's
A bug on a page. I'll correct it when I get back from work.
how many people are actively contributing to development? how many people are perhaps less "active" but still involved?
Active atm: 0, altho one persone, which wants to remain anonymous, is supposed to write some related code.
Interested: I'd say 2. One is me, of course. And as I outlined here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=66992, I intend to return to active duty soon. The other is An00bis, who drops by from time to time and makes some promises.
i am curious as this is something that even if marginally realistic in scope, would be something I'd enjoy contributing to. I've been coding in a professional capacity for over 2 years now and (hopefully / probably) have some talent to offer if things look well enough :)

in any case, I'd also like to say to everyone involved that I absolutely love what you're doing for the community of people that loves these types of games. You guys and girls rock.
We will welcome any help :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.

Return to “General Transport Empire Discussion”