OgreRails = A railroad implementation demo

Discuss a Transport Tycoon-like game being programmed by forum users.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

ohlidalp
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OgreRails = A railroad implementation demo

Post by ohlidalp »

>> dogcat1984: It continues indeed, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait a lot for the completed version :)

However, there's allways something new happening. This time, I'm programming the "Right click on a rail to modify it" functionality of LOMO.
Attachments
click-to-edit.jpg
click-to-edit.jpg (110.06 KiB) Viewed 10629 times
Rigs of Rods maintainer.
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Re: OgreRails = A railroad implementation demo

Post by uzurpator »

Stickied for great win
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
President
President

¬!!

Post by WWW »

I like this. A hell of a lot. I wonder though if you should split the project more clearly between engine and game, but that's just me. I'll definitely be looking into this a little later tonight, primarily because I'm interested as to how you implemented the movement system, but whatever. Forked!

EDIT:
Okay, well. It has potential, I'm sure. It's got good looking, readableish code, and I like the overall architecture of it, but...

The build environment sucks, I'm sorry to say. Sometimes ogre files are included from an external directory, other times they're included locally, which makes me worry about what sort of environment you're developing this in, frankly. The CodeBlocks project file in general needs starting again. I'm tempted to move it onto the MSVC compiler & then go through to clean up the code, so I guess that's what I'll do.

Return to “General Transport Empire Discussion”