simple question

Discuss a Transport Tycoon-like game being programmed by forum users.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

doberman_spb
Engineer
Engineer

simple question

Post by doberman_spb »

How much money you need to develop, I can be a sponosor, if there is a development team of coder,designers, copywriter. And most importantly, I want to see a business project
NukeBuster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: simple question

Post by NukeBuster »

Well at the moment there isn't much of anything going on at the moment. Except for Uzurpator who is currently cleaning up the engine. If you really like to donate I think you need to try and contact Steve.(He uses the same name on the forum) He is currently the official head of the project.
NukeBuster

Transport Empire: The Transport Empire Linux effort
Join the Transport Empire IRC channel: [url]irc://irc.oftc.net/transportempire[/url] !

OpenTTD patch(es): Password at join
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Re: simple question

Post by uzurpator »

Simple question - simple answer.

To finish the project in a sensible time-frame you need 2-3 coders, and an artist, some development plan etc.

The core development team will put you back ~2k euros / person / month. For 4 ppl team and 1 year of development it is something like ~250.000 euros minimum. Since that would be without any associated software, hardware, testing etc.

The development as a whole would need something between 500k and 1 mill to get finished in 24 months. That is from what we have now to finished/boxed/shipped product.

Of course this is with Polish wages, and the 2k euros/month is my minimum for me to quit my day job and start doing this stuff.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.

Return to “General Transport Empire Discussion”