Professional Artist For Free

Discuss a Transport Tycoon-like game being programmed by forum users.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Professional Artist For Free

Post by Need_Help »

See this topic :
http://www.3dkingdom.org/index.php?name ... 104a96dea1

His works are not bad, and he is willing to help people in the forum too. I think if we need him to help out with the 3D models, maybe you can tell me so that I will PM him and see whether he accepts our offer.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

1. How come the topic title says he's professional, why he clearly says;

"I am an amateur in 3ds max"

2. I think there won't be a shortage of 3D artists. We don't need that many yet, AFAICT, and once the game needs them, I think there'll be quite some 3D artists. At least, IMO.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

Of course, you want a person to be so proud? The 'professional' is coming from the person's work, not 'I'm a professional'. So, now I wanted to know is, what 'stage' is Transport Empire at? Is it still haven't finish coding? Also, in order to speed things up, its better to make both together since we already know that the game is in 3D, and the model that we made won't be 'outdated' right? I will only PM him if you tell me, I won't take my action without letting people know ;)

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Need_Help wrote:Of course, you want a person to be so proud? The 'professional' is coming from the person's work, not 'I'm a professional'.
Ok, so he's good. Ok.
So, now I wanted to know is, what 'stage' is Transport Empire at?
Early stage, deciding what we want.
Is it still haven't finish coding?
Finished? Lol, we just started. We're still working on the basics of the engine.
Also, in order to speed things up, its better to make both together since we already know that the game is in 3D, and the model that we made won't be 'outdated' right?
The game will be 3D, but Xeryus yet has to inform us about the file format of 3D models and stuff.
I will only PM him if you tell me, I won't take my action without letting people know ;)
That's fine :)
You're welcome. :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

I thought the idea of making Transport Empire had been a long time? I saw this:
© 2003-2006 Transport Empire Developers

It had been 3 years.......am I wrong? Or its the copyright year wrong?

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It started in 2003 indeed, and it's now 2006. I guess after a month it'll be (c) 2003-2007. TE is far from finished yet.

The only development-screenies so far, only show a terrain.
Image Image
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

The terrain will be used in-game? I hope the 'grid' will only appear when we choose the build mode (same as most of the games). Yes, I know its not easy for programming, but just a suggestion ;)

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I guess that's why the coders wanted a gridless texture :wink:
Image Image

Return to “General Transport Empire Discussion”