Voxel Tycoon^WOpenTTD^WFactorio

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Voxel Tycoon^WOpenTTD^WFactorio

Post by planetmaker »

That looks VERY suspiciously like OpenTTD gameplay with a few sprinkles mixed-in from Factorio, including key bindings:
Bildschirmfoto von 2021-04-24 10-18-25.png
(4.34 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Voxel Tycoon^WOpenTTD^WFactorio

Post by Taschi »

Yeah, those were basically my first associations too. I'm probably gonna get that game sooner or later because there's definitely some interesting things that can be done in that kind of design space. Although I do not appreciate how the UI basically looks like something out of an Angular tutorial.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

I bought this a little over a year ago on Itch.io and have been playing it on and off on there since then, but it's been around since at least 2017. The recent release on Steam has really boosted this game, and we've discussed it on here before. But yeah, it's basically a mixture of TTD and a little Factorio-esque belting additions, it has endless maps and some fun mechanics but it's definitely still very much in beta. Personally I love the addition of the conveyer belts, and mod support is already ramping up so they're adding train sets too.

Also, it can absolutely look stunning. There's some absolute gems on their Twitter, see this, this and this for instance.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

whoa! mash-up
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

VOXEL TYCOON

Post by gravelpit »

NEw game voxel tycoon ! anyone about mechanics, mods ,patchs? will be gratefull!
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: VOXEL TYCOON

Post by Taschi »

Return to “Off-Topic”