Looking and searching for a good game.

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Looking and searching for a good game.

Post by rbos86 »

This is one place to ask if you are looking for a game, but have no idea of titles for the game...

Ask, maybe someone can answer. Write the question below.

Greetings,
Roelof, aka rbos86
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Looking and searching for a good game.

Post by rbos86 »

So, I'm looking for a good flight and combat -sim which takes place in The Great War (1914-1918).

There once was a game, Red Baron, released in the early 1990s.
I liked that game, played it over and over again. When I finished a career, I started another career, swapping the force I was flying for - England, France, Germany. I didn't care.
I'm a gamer from the Netherlands, in the first world war The Netherlands didn't choose a side to fight on, we stayed neutral. That's why England or Germany, or whatever side to fight on, doesn't matter to me.

Back to my question:
I have a Steam -account, and I don't know a title of a modern combat flight -sim which takes place above the trenches of the horrifying Great War.
Can anybody out here suggest a title?
Challenger007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Challenger007 »

Not a bad simulator War Thunder. Personally, I prefer fantasy or historical games. Games like World of Tanks or War Thunder are not my priority, but they are good and fun for millions of other players.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

rbos86 wrote: 25 Mar 2021 17:22 So, I'm looking for a good flight and combat -sim which takes place in The Great War (1914-1918).

There once was a game, Red Baron, released in the early 1990s.
I liked that game, played it over and over again. When I finished a career, I started another career, swapping the force I was flying for - England, France, Germany. I didn't care.
I'm a gamer from the Netherlands, in the first world war The Netherlands didn't choose a side to fight on, we stayed neutral. That's why England or Germany, or whatever side to fight on, doesn't matter to me.

Back to my question:
I have a Steam -account, and I don't know a title of a modern combat flight -sim which takes place above the trenches of the horrifying Great War.
Can anybody out here suggest a title?
Oh gosh I remember playing Red Baron! Yes, that was surely over 20 years ago. I wish I had a recommendation for a newer equivalent
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

rbos86 wrote: 25 Mar 2021 17:22 Can anybody out here suggest a title?
1C Game Studios have made a number of combat flight sims. I play a lot of IL-2 Sturmovik which is one of their WW2 games, however it also has an expansion called Flying Circus which is set in WW1. There is also Rise of Flight which is a few years older, but is set exclusively in WW1.

1C's games are expensive but I consider them to be worth the price when bought on sale. Game mechanics such as the flight model and damage model are excellent, and the games feature both single and multiplayer, with campaigns provided. Additionally there is a community made tool for creating long running campaigns with front lines that shift over the course of the war.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1198 ... _Volume_I/
http://www.pwcampaignmanager.com/pwcgbo ... WCGBoS.php

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2440 ... ht_United/
https://riseofflight.com/forum/forum/39 ... generator/
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Thanks for the info, good to read!

But I actually need a good WWI sim in the air. Like Red Baron. It was awesome, learned about the early aces as well.
By the way, I did get some answer in the meanwhile.
I typed "Dogfight" in the search bar that Steam uses, and got a list of a lkot of games that have something to do with the subject.

I'll wait until a developer of games can hit the right snare, and make a good game.
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

oh interesting! i'll add it to my steam wishlist

Return to “Off-Topic”