2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

ASide8
Engineer
Engineer

Re: 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

Post by ASide8 »

There's morons in every country. Thankfully here ours aren't in government (mostly - cough cough Craig Kelly - but then he's on crossbench now isn't he?)

Edit: This was meant in response to GarryG's comment, I hadn't seen the one by the bloke above. Sorry for that!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

ASide8 wrote: 24 Feb 2021 05:21 Edit: This was meant in response to GarryG's comment, I hadn't seen the one by the bloke above. Sorry for that!
To be fair, there are morons here too. :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
ASide8
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ASide8 »

I agree, and I might be among them...
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

We can't really blame the Government .. they told us all to keep safe, wear the mask so we not breathe in the virus from other people and hope the people who have the virus and to stupid to stay home not pass on the virus to others. Keep our distance from others specially people we don't know. When you go some where take some sanitizer with you to spay your hand when been touching things and give hands a good wash with water and soap when you can.

So how can we blame the Government if we don't do those things ..
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Challenger007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Challenger007 »

GarryG wrote: 24 Feb 2021 09:13 We can't really blame the Government .. they told us all to keep safe, wear the mask so we not breathe in the virus from other people and hope the people who have the virus and to stupid to stay home not pass on the virus to others. Keep our distance from others specially people we don't know. When you go some where take some sanitizer with you to spay your hand when been touching things and give hands a good wash with water and soap when you can.

So how can we blame the Government if we don't do those things ..
I would point out the government's guilt that many people do not care about security measures. The government could take action against violators. Of course, this would cause a wave of negativity, but there is a wave of negativity even now, how many protests against COVID (as if indignation would somehow kill the virus or forbid it to infect people). The government’s fault is that this mess is not stopped.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Challenger007 wrote: 25 Feb 2021 10:50 I would point out the government's guilt that many people do not care about security measures. The government could take action against violators. Of course, this would cause a wave of negativity, but there is a wave of negativity even now, how many protests against COVID (as if indignation would somehow kill the virus or forbid it to infect people). The government’s fault is that this mess is not stopped.
True .. I from Australia, but stuck in Philippines at moment .. I feel safer here then in my own country. They have a curfew .. must be in doors by 8 pm and not allowed back out till 4 am. If you know you need to be out after 8 pm must obtain special written permission from officials that day.

Not allowed to enter any shops or ride any transport unless have a face mask and a face shield on. Armed security guards at the doors of shops and they have the authority to use what ever means necessary stop you entering. When you do enter they check your temperature, they then spray your hands with sanitizer, then must sign book with you name, address and phone number, security has the rights to check your ID make sure what details you write in book is correct. If you remove shield and mask in shop they will forcibly remove you if necessary from the premises.

They given up fining you if break any those rules and curfew. They just let you spend a few night in jail instead. The face mask must be worn all the time when you leave you home. If ever you detected with the virus or been in contact with some one who has you must isolate and to make sure you do they place a guard at your home and put security fence around your home. If you have the virus and try to leave the guard has the rights to hit you with his baton or shot you if necessary to stop you leaving.

That how it should be every country. Waste of time fining as who going to make you pay it, beside lot of people out of work and they can't afford to pay it anyway.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Challenger007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Challenger007 »

GarryG wrote: 25 Feb 2021 11:45
Challenger007 wrote: 25 Feb 2021 10:50 I would point out the government's guilt that many people do not care about security measures. The government could take action against violators. Of course, this would cause a wave of negativity, but there is a wave of negativity even now, how many protests against COVID (as if indignation would somehow kill the virus or forbid it to infect people). The government’s fault is that this mess is not stopped.
True .. I from Australia, but stuck in Philippines at moment .. I feel safer here then in my own country. They have a curfew .. must be in doors by 8 pm and not allowed back out till 4 am. If you know you need to be out after 8 pm must obtain special written permission from officials that day.

Not allowed to enter any shops or ride any transport unless have a face mask and a face shield on. Armed security guards at the doors of shops and they have the authority to use what ever means necessary stop you entering. When you do enter they check your temperature, they then spray your hands with sanitizer, then must sign book with you name, address and phone number, security has the rights to check your ID make sure what details you write in book is correct. If you remove shield and mask in shop they will forcibly remove you if necessary from the premises.

They given up fining you if break any those rules and curfew. They just let you spend a few night in jail instead. The face mask must be worn all the time when you leave you home. If ever you detected with the virus or been in contact with some one who has you must isolate and to make sure you do they place a guard at your home and put security fence around your home. If you have the virus and try to leave the guard has the rights to hit you with his baton or shot you if necessary to stop you leaving.

That how it should be every country. Waste of time fining as who going to make you pay it, beside lot of people out of work and they can't afford to pay it anyway.
It's tough but effective. Of course, this violates the rights of citizens, etc., but this is the only effective method to stop the spread of COVID before the maximum number of people receive their doses of the vaccine.

Return to “Off-Topic”