2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic

Post by Zakos »

Interesting that you mention foul play, because that's exactly what the lot of them would think if he passed. He, despite all odds, is such a godlike figure to them that to even think he was lying about his health would be glossed over in favor of a wild conspiracy theory that the democrats concocted the virus to steal the elec- wait, that one is already in circulation.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Chrill wrote: 02 Oct 2020 08:19 Donald Trump's "good genes image" could get a boost if...
Nope. As we speak, Donald Trump is being prepared to be transported from the front door of the White House via helicopter to Walter Reed Memorial Hospital. White House staff reported that he was "lethargic" this morning. White House doctors said that he has fever, chills, coughs and nasal congestion. He was giving an 8g dose of the experimental Regeneron anti-viral cocktail (not a vaccine), vitamins and an asprin.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Well, the "good genes" boost is definitely gone. We know for certain that they are doing everything they can to keep Trump appearing healthy, because if voters doubt his ability to lead then he stands no chance of winning. They would probably have hoped to keep his health under wraps, if he was sick but just about healthy enough to continue touring then he certainly would.

Fact is, his tweets have pretty much stopped. Just a month out from the election, he is not tweeting. That, alone, makes me think he's doing poorly.

Also, giving experimental and untested drugs to Presidents? That's... brave. They wouldn't do that if he was feeling fine, would they now?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Friday and Saturday, the White House and Ivanka Trump sent out photos showing the president "working" "very hard"

The photos show him in a suite working in a white dress shirt, and in another set wearing a suit jacket. The photo data shows they were taken 15 minutes apart. It shows mostly the same pile of blank manila envelopes, and apparently signing his name on blank sheets of paper.

Later in the day, a White House staff member confirmed they were concerned for his health when his oxygen suddenly dropped. Give my experience in taking care of people with respiratory issues, I am 100% certain he is on supplemental oxygen when he's not being photographed or seen in public.

Speaking of which, he broke isolation so that Secret Service members could drive him around the hospital grounds in a car and wave to fans. Secret Service has anonymously reported that they're upset that he's put their agent's lives at risk with his reckless behavior.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

The Beast, as the car is known, is protected against chemical attacks. It should work both ways, in other words being locked in with Trump is highly contagious right?

Still, he did seem in better health in the later video posted. Those who get hid hard by Covid-19 do so about a week after falling sick, so the middle of this week will be the challenging part. If he is discharged today/tomorrow, that may still not mean the situation is over. If he is discharged, then brought back, that's bad optics. They'll probably keep him at Walter Reed at least until the weekend.
My Scenarios:
Challenger007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Challenger007 »

The government needs to create the appearance of a strong president who is in the ranks and deals with current issues. This is important before the elections. If he is shown as a weak sick person, his rating will plummet. Why? Because only a healthy and strong person can effectively rule the country.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

So, from Thursday, England will enter into a second national lockdown, for a period of 4 weeks, as announced by Boris Johnson in a heavily delayed press conference today.

Let's hope this one is successful and we might have a chance at Christmas.

BBC Article on the announcement
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Sweden have started applying restrictions, still mostly along the lines of recommendation (but Swedes in general do follow government recommendations). However, museums are closed!
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pilot wrote: 31 Oct 2020 20:34 So, from Thursday, England will enter into a second national lockdown, for a period of 4 weeks, as announced by Boris Johnson in a heavily delayed press conference today.
It was very nice of COVID to give us 4 days notice before its next attack. So we all have 3-4 days to go to the pub and have a right party knowing COVID won't get us until Thursday!

Because we know what is going to happen, every one celebrates with one or 4 more nights of getting trashed and the virus spreads even faster.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Redirect Left wrote: 01 Nov 2020 15:34 It was very nice of COVID to give us 4 days notice before its next attack. So we all have 3-4 days to go to the pub and have a right party knowing COVID won't get us until Thursday!
Australia not much better instead of taking action immediately .. imagine if our country was attached by another .. will our leader say in 4 days time we going to have a war after we already being invaded.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

Winter is coming and with it, the first wave of new lockdowns in the United States. My home state of Massachusetts has orders going into effect Friday which will include a 10pm-5am stay at home advisory, with many businesses required to shut down at 9:30, plus tightened size limits on indoor and outdoor gatherings. Connecticut, our neighbor state to the south, is doing something similar and I expect other liberal-led states to follow suit.

At a rally this weekend, Trump said as soon as the election is over he'd consider firing Dr. Fauci, the country's top infectious disease expert, who tends to bring unwelcome facts to the president's message that COVID isn't that bad and we should all keep going out and spending money to keep the economy going. The results of tomorrow's election (which may not be fully decided for weeks, depending on delays counting ballots and possible court cases) will be pivotal for how the country handles this continuing crisis.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

2TallTyler wrote: 03 Nov 2020 02:10 At a rally this weekend, Trump said as soon as the election is over he'd consider firing Dr. Fauci, the country's top infectious disease expert, who tends to bring unwelcome facts to the president's message that COVID isn't that bad and we should all keep going out and spending money to keep the economy going.
Information I read in Australian news it opposite story .. they say that Dr. Fauci has warned Trump and Trump not take notice. That the worse part of news reporters .. those who like Trump will tell a different story to those who don't and gets very confusing.

I in Philippines at moment and I like how they doing it .. any one with Covid-19 or been in contact with some one who has are basically locked in quarantine (usually their homes) with armed guards making sure they stay there until tests show they are negative.
Soot Happens
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

GarryG wrote: 03 Nov 2020 02:54
2TallTyler wrote: 03 Nov 2020 02:10 At a rally this weekend, Trump said as soon as the election is over he'd consider firing Dr. Fauci, the country's top infectious disease expert, who tends to bring unwelcome facts to the president's message that COVID isn't that bad and we should all keep going out and spending money to keep the economy going.
Information I read in Australian news it opposite story .. they say that Dr. Fauci has warned Trump and Trump not take notice. That the worse part of news reporters .. those who like Trump will tell a different story to those who don't and gets very confusing.
They're saying the same thing, though. Dr. Fauci's facts, and they are facts, are unwelcome to President Trump since he won't acknowledge the science behind the coronavirus pandemic.
My Scenarios:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Hopefully today is the start of the last days for Donald Trump. If they are, prepare for chaos. And if they are not, prepare for different chaos.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

kamnet wrote: 03 Nov 2020 11:16 Hopefully today is the start of the last days for Donald Trump. If they are, prepare for chaos. And if they are not, prepare for different chaos.
He appears to be a type of person who hates to lose and will cheat or do what ever he has to to always win even if it means risking the life of other. I image when he kid he chuck a tantrum if he not got what he wanted.
Soot Happens
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Redirect Left wrote: 26 Sep 2020 01:27 Another 6,874 recorded in the UK. making for a very cliff like upward slide on the graph.
2020-09-25 17_04_39-Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK_ UK Summary.png

At this point I am wondering if the British public are coughing directly into each others faces or something.
I remember when that was considered getting really bad... And that was only a couple of months ago.
CV_NewCases.jpg
CV_NewCases.jpg (93.67 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
I think we've hit the capacity for testing. The cases were rising extremely rapidly and then suddenly hit a ceiling and levelled off instantly. There were still a great number of people who were out and about, no change to rules at the time, and I don't think the virus has gone on it's Autumn holiday. Think it's fair to say that our cases are substantially higher than reported.

But hey, here's a new lockdown - better late than never.. again. Though doesn't feel much of one if people can still go to work, school, college, meet one other person outside, etc.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

GarryG wrote: 03 Nov 2020 11:46He appears to be a type of person who hates to lose and will cheat or do what ever he has to to always win even if it means risking the life of other. I image when he kid he chuck a tantrum if he not got what he wanted.
He doesn't seem to understand that he can't hold the White House as a squatter either. The secret service, who hates him immensely at this point, will remove him by force if he refuses. In fact, he seems not to understand a vast majority of his position in government.
Geo Ghost wrote: 05 Nov 2020 11:45Big Graph™
Is that countrywide or of a certain region?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Zakos wrote: 06 Nov 2020 20:04 The secret service, who hates him immensely at this point, will remove him by force if he refuses. In fact, he seems not to understand a vast majority of his position in government.
Ah yes, I saw that. On the one side I do want to see the Secret Service forcibly eject him from the house, as awful as that'd be for America if he did decide to go that route.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

When Trump first became President for a few years he was doing really good. Just past year or so, he seems to lost the plot.
Soot Happens
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

COVFEFE!!! :mrgreen:

Congratulations America (and the rest of the world)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.

Return to “Off-Topic”