Am I permabanned from IRC?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Am I permabanned from IRC?

Post by SimYouLater »

Redirect Left wrote:The fiirst set of details is the banned person, the second one is the person who placed the ban. (Unless OFTC uses an IRCd that does something odd, but I really doubt it)
Then who can I message about my ban?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

The person who banned you is marked as 'glx' as I said before, so that is a good place to start.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Redirect Left wrote:The person who banned you is marked as 'glx' as I said before, so that is a good place to start.
No response from glx. What now?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Well, also remember timezones. he may live in one not in yours, this is where a client comes in handy as you can keep it connected long term. It can take people hours or even daysa to get back to a PM on there.

You can try to message someone else who is an op there, but really it isn't worth it i'd say lol just leave it at banned unless there's a good reason to not be, i find most moderators on IRC are... questionable as to how they got it, its usually a matter of convenience or they created it they get it, and its rarely because they have proven track records of being a good admin somewhere else.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Redirect Left wrote:Well, also remember timezones. he may live in one not in yours, this is where a client comes in handy as you can keep it connected long term. It can take people hours or even daysa to get back to a PM on there.

You can try to message someone else who is an op there, but really it isn't worth it i'd say lol just leave it at banned unless there's a good reason to not be, i find most moderators on IRC are... questionable as to how they got it, its usually a matter of convenience or they created it they get it, and its rarely because they have proven track records of being a good admin somewhere else.
Unfortunately, the majority of NewGRF development assistance happens on the IRC, iirc.
Licenses for my work...
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

the other admins are LordAro, orudge, peter1138, DorpsGek, Terkham & planetmaker. Try one of them, I see peter1138 & LordAro have beren the most online today. Though again, timezones or just not looking at their client for ages, don't expect immediate replies.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Redirect Left wrote:the other admins are LordAro, orudge, peter1138, DorpsGek, Terkham & planetmaker. Try one of them, I see peter1138 & LordAro have beren the most online today. Though again, timezones or just not looking at their client for ages, don't expect immediate replies.
Alright, thanks for the help.
Licenses for my work...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I don't know the reason for your ban, but if you've been banned, presumably there was a reason for it. The #openttd IRC channel does not have formal rules, and ultimately if the regular users there were not happy with your presence for whatever reason, it's there decision to ban or unban you.

I'm not sure there's much else to say here, so will lock this topic.

Return to “Off-Topic”