Minecraft Question

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Minecraft Question

Post by SwissFan91 »

Happy New Year everyone.

I have a Minecraft question which I thought this friendly forum may be able to help with (surely some of you play it?!). The minecraft forum I posted it in doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic/nobody cares to help me!

My overall aim is to create a Minecraft map from real-life heightmap data and play it on my Xbox One. My brief research suggests that I'd need a PC version of the game in order to make the map with some kind of map editor and then use Minecraft Realms to transfer it to play on my Xbox One. Anyone got any experience or knowledge with this?
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Minecraft Question

Post by lobster »

Not much experience, I recently got it on my Switch and then found out it doesn't have any compatibility with the old java version (which has all my old saves). So using the Win10 version on PC, importing the heightmap and connecting this through the same account on your Xbox seems the way to go.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Thanks for the reply Lobster.

It seems counter productive that I have to pay for Minecraft on my PC - I thought the whole point was if I owned it on my Xbox I could play it for free on my PC.

I’ll give this a try and report in on my success. I would love some realistic terrain to play on my Xbox.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Turns out the majority of maps online are made for Minecraft: Java Edition not Win10 edition. Java edition won't let me use Realms to have the map on my Xbox One.

I guess I'm making my own map on WorldPainter!

Return to “Off-Topic”