New open source Airline management simulation online game

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Patson
Engineer
Engineer

New open source Airline management simulation online game

Post by Patson »

Hi everyone! I am a huge TT fan (spent many many many many hours on it) and enjoyed playing all types of tycoon games.

A while ago, I have this idea of writing my own online airline management game with deep simulation and it is now live on https://www.airline-club.com :D

It's free for everyone to enjoy, would really appreciate any feedback and suggestions! As this is my hobby project, I plan to keep it open source and free.

My goal is to have a simulation good enough to generate data similar to real world's, while giving flexibility to simulate new outcome based on the dynamics of the conditions.

Several highlights:
- Deep simulation of virtual passengers behavior - they will have their own preferences : connections, price, flight quality, loyalty to airline etc
- Challenging gameplay - The game is very challenging, even as a developer, I am challenged all the time to improve my routes and rethink my strategy
- Compete with real players - The game is an open world with hundreds of players. There are airline alliance/code sharing and the community is very active
- Active development - The game is under active development. I am also planning on the first expansion to add space travel https://www.reddit.com/r/tycoon/comment ... ine_clubs/
- Free and open source - The source of the game is open and I do not plan to monetize the game
- Friendly community - Check out the game forums at https://airlineclub.createaforum.com/

There are already 500+ players competing with each other in this virtual aviation world. Hope to see you there too!

Last edited by Patson on 18 Jan 2020 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Chrill

Re: New open source Airline management simulation online game

Post by Chrill »

This looks spectacularly detailed. Without having installed it yet, are there levels of difficulty? I'd prefer to be able to make the customers more accepting and easy-to-manage, essentially rendering more flights profitable and making the game easier.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Patson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Patson »

Chrill wrote:This looks spectacularly detailed. Without having installed it yet, are there levels of difficulty? I'd prefer to be able to make the customers more accepting and easy-to-manage, essentially rendering more flights profitable and making the game easier.

Many thanks for your interest! And the good news is, this is a web-based game therefore you can start playing without installing :D https://www.airline-club.com

That being said, this is an opened and single game world shared with hundreds of players, therefore you are competing with real players so unfortunately difficulty level cannot be set on per player basis.

I have made the game relatively easy for starting the first few routes and if you have any questions/problems playing the game, feel free to ask me or simply visit the game forums for suggestions and help : https://airlineclub.createaforum.com/

Hope to see you in the game soon! :D
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vrn »

I have problems signing up to your site. After filling out all the fields and clicking on "sign up", the only thing that comes up is a text saying "recaptcha check failed". I already tried signing up with all the Firefox addons that could possibly block something disabled, but no dice.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

As someone with an interest in aviation, this sounds like it could be fun! :D
Patson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Patson »

vrn wrote:I have problems signing up to your site. After filling out all the fields and clicking on "sign up", the only thing that comes up is a text saying "recaptcha check failed". I already tried signing up with all the Firefox addons that could possibly block something disabled, but no dice.

hmm there was a report with the recaptcha problem as you have described (it's google V3 still in beta). One user disabled ad-blocker and it worked, however some others reported that there are still problems

Would you mind to use chrome to signup? Or use your mobile phone?

The recaptcha check is only done once on signup, once you have an account no further checks will be done therefore you can play on any browser afterwards!

Sorry about the inconvenience again!
Patson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Patson »

orudge wrote:As someone with an interest in aviation, this sounds like it could be fun! :D

Indeeed! And the players interaction are so much fun. There are airline alliances out there battling for dominance in various countries. There are good strategic play as airlines in the same alliance have code sharing (hence virtual passengers are more willing to take connection flight within the same alliance!)

Below is one of the flight network of the top alliance (unfortunately not mine, mine is #2 only ...)

Attachments
tripleA.png
tripleA.png (261.95 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

I've tried all the ways you've suggested but still get the recaptcha check failed message every time. Is there another way to sign up you can suggest?
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

After a rocky first start, Skeed Airlines is up and running in Central and Western USA!
Last known as: Weirdy
Patson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Patson »

SkeedR wrote:After a rocky first start, Skeed Airlines is up and running in Central and Western USA!
Woot Gratz!! USA is quite competitive, fight hard ;)

Have you joined any airlines alliance yet? On top of having some friendly airlines to fight by your side, you also get to code share with them and that would boost your ridership, top alliances also give extra bonus
Patson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Patson »

EXTspotter wrote:I've tried all the ways you've suggested but still get the recaptcha check failed message every time. Is there another way to sign up you can suggest?
I can set up for you if u preferred, check your PM :)
Dave

Post by Dave »

This looks great!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

Anyone up for an Alliance?

I remember how well we did in 'Trukz' for a while... and it was fun.
Patson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Patson »

teccuk wrote:Anyone up for an Alliance?

I remember how well we did in 'Trukz' for a while... and it was fun.

I would love to but I'm in one already :wink:

Make sure to coordinate with your teammates of which market to take down. The #1 alliance (not mine ...) works very effectively together and have a big lead now
Patson
Engineer
Engineer

Airline-club v1.1 released! Free and open-source airline management game!

Post by Patson »

Yep! Into our second year of operation of https://www.airline-club.com, we are excited to announce our v1.1 release!

Just a quick intro of the game - airline-club a sandbox online airline management game - completely free and open-source in a dynamic simulated world with hundreds of active airlines!

The passenger flow simulation is very realistic and sophisticated, a quick screenshot of the actual passenger flow map of a route (Sydney to Singapore and all the related transits):

While new features are added to the game incrementally since its debut back in the summer of 2018, v1.1 has made several major game-play improvements:

More flexible airplane assignment

Airplanes can now be assigned to multiple routes! Under construction airplanes can also be added to a route ahead of delivery

Seat Configuration Template

Yes! It works on Mobile now too!

National Airlines

Each country has its own National Airlines and Partnered Airlines! Become the pride of your nation with many in-game bonuses!

Better User Interface Experience

Screens have been reworked for smoother and more intuitive user experience

Better Mobile Experience

Some updates have made the game more playable on mobile! We will write a "native" like mobile version soon, but the current version should be a major improvement from the older version!

Join now

Come to join us at https://www.airline-club.com

Return to “Off-Topic”