Transport Tycoon Deluxe on "Bad Influence"

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Transport Tycoon Deluxe on "Bad Influence"

Post by SquireJames »

Hey there, been a while since I was here. Good to see the same old faces :)

Well, over the last few months my friend and I have been spending our weekend evenings sipping the occasional cider and watching a youtube series of a 90s TV series called "Bad Influence". Basically a computer games review show, aired on ITV from September 1992 to January 1995. Interesting what games they actually review. Frontier Elite II gets a mention but nothing else, no mention of X-Com at all, but despite being a "kids show" Doom, Mortal Kombat etc are prevailent, as is Command and Conquer.

Anyhoops, the penultimate episode, Christmas 1995, they show a brief and exceptionally blurry clip of Transport Tycoon Deluxe. The original never got a mention it seems, but TTD did. Only a fleeting mention I know but I know there are many forum goers around my age who will remember this show and I thought you might like to big up a bit of 90s nostalgia as I have :)

https://youtu.be/m5HQydmqKOc?t=10m40s

(if the timecode doesn't work, it's at about 10:40 )
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Transport Tycoon Deluxe on "Bad Influence"

Post by Badger »

I remember watching these. I'm so old!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

I can definitely see where the title of the show comes from - I mean look at those tracks, jesus

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Don't remember her, I do remember Violet Berlin though.
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Doorslammer wrote:Don't remember her, I do remember Violet Berlin though.
Yeah they dragged her in in the final series. The death knell really. Never really liked her, preferred Violet immensely. Not sure why they made Violet a "field reporter" and kept kicking her out to Japan and the colonies. Maybe she volunteered to go but, always seemed like a demotion to me.

Return to “Off-Topic”