This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.
Moderator: General Forums Moderators
- Posts: 7169
- Joined: 28 Sep 2009 17:15
- Location: Eastern KY
http://www.businessinsider.com/microsof ... nux-2018-4
- Microsoft on Monday announced Azure Sphere, a new technology to protect the processors that power smart appliances, connected toys, and other gadgets.
- Azure Sphere is powered in large part by Linux, a free operating system that Microsoft once viewed as a major threat.
- It's the first time ever that Microsoft has made Linux part of a product offering.
- Posts: 15369
- Joined: 18 Dec 2004 17:35
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
You know, adding "NOT A HOAX" to a topic makes it sound a lot like a hoax.
- Posts: 5652
- Joined: 21 Dec 2003 23:30
- Location: Atlantic Ocean
This sounds all dandy and fun and let's work together, but don't forget it's Microsoft we're talking about. As also mentioned in this video from a Linux convention
the things Microsoft seems to be doing is mainly to license parts of Linux so they can charge people for it. Linux has been getting bigger and I guess it's inevitable to escape the BigCorp claws forever, but it's pretty sad nonetheless.
"On the other hand, I have different fingers" -- The rascal formerly known as astath, loathing you and more specifically your religion. Anti-theist, be like it. -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club -- Good times.
<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
- Posts: 3961
- Joined: 16 Aug 2008 22:26
- Skype: neko-master
- Location: Oshawa, Ontario, CANADA
Companies can and will try to license anything they want, but unless they also prevent people from making alternatives, people will continue to make alternatives that are cheaper or even "free" as linux/unix has been doing for a long time.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests