The next Hitler or Quisling or Stalin takes over your country's govt

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

The next Hitler or Quisling or Stalin takes over your country's govt

Post by Train<In>Vain »

It's happened before. It can happen again. What would you do?

I know what I'd do.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The next Hitler or Quisling or Stalin takes over your country's govt

Post by YNM »

Either something or nothing.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Well, what are the Americans doing right now? The kids are uniting and voicing their opinion strongly. I'm really impressed by them.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote:Well, what are the Americans doing right now? The kids are uniting and voicing their opinion strongly. I'm really impressed by them.
Sadly not strong enough to oust Trump though.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Most of these have very literally taken place at one point in my country's history, wasn't exactly around at the time though.

We're kinda in the process of getting rid of the current iteration though so that's cool.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Train<In>Vain wrote:What would you do?
Move somewhere else.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Pyoro wrote:
Train<In>Vain wrote:What would you do?
Move somewhere else.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Well, if everybody moved away Hitler II would rule over an empty country. That's how I see it.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Pyoro wrote:Well, if everybody moved away Hitler II would rule over an empty country. That's how I see it.
In reality it will just be the smart half leaving, and then it will come down to the other half to take charge after Hitler II's regime blows over.

-Drury
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Yes, but everything else is a waste anyway. If we're talking about some Hitler then he's there because of popular support. You can either do nothing and be a bystander (which is no use to anybody), cooperate because there isn't anything else you can do (which is worse) or die in some futile heroic attempt (which is also fairly useless).

Oh, I'm sure better people than me would try to do something, but if my fellow Germans felt they needed another maniac dictator than frankly I'd be too fed up with them to try and fix it (also too much of a coward, obviously ;) ).
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Drury wrote:
Pyoro wrote:Well, if everybody moved away Hitler II would rule over an empty country. That's how I see it.
In reality it will just be the smart half leaving, and then it will come down to the other half to take charge after Hitler II's regime blows over.
Yeah, like some cases...
[+] Spoiler
I wonder...
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Le Maréchal Pétain, a somewhat friend of Hitler, already took over France's government.
And if someone like this took over the government right now, then i'd plan to murder him, and do it.
Once it's done, i leave the country and spend the rest of my life far, far away, where no one will ever find me (Norway, Siberia or Sakhalin Island seems a good idea)
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Pyoro wrote:Yes, but everything else is a waste anyway. If we're talking about some Hitler then he's there because of popular support. You can either do nothing and be a bystander (which is no use to anybody), cooperate because there isn't anything else you can do (which is worse) or die in some futile heroic attempt (which is also fairly useless).

Oh, I'm sure better people than me would try to do something, but if my fellow Germans felt they needed another maniac dictator than frankly I'd be too fed up with them to try and fix it (also too much of a coward, obviously ;) ).
How is leaving not useless though? Got to also keep in mind that Hitler tricked people into voting him - nobody asked for holocaust, for instance, it was more or less a secret. You can only see how bad of a choice he was in hindsight (also mind there was no Hitler prior to Hitler). Since Brexit got mentioned, that's a similar scenario - a good chunk of the people who voted leave only did so out of spite, as a warning to EU of sorts, not realizing the vote may actually pass. They learned their lesson, no use blaming them now.

-Drury
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Chrill wrote:Well, what are the Americans doing right now? The kids are uniting and voicing their opinion strongly. I'm really impressed by them.
They're fleeing to Canada. Curiously none seem to be emigrating to Mexico, for some mysterious reason. :roll:
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Train<In>Vain wrote:
They're fleeing to Canada. Curiously none seem to be emigrating to Mexico, for some mysterious reason. :roll:
Who wouldn't wanna move to Canada? Social security, reasonable gun laws, financially sound middle class, a healthcare system that will save your life without bankrupting you. It's literally better in every way. OK, so the American flag is way cooler, but that's the one thing really.

Oh and Bieber. But then again Kiefer Sutherland and Michael J. Fox so there's that. Canada wins.
My Scenarios:
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

While we're here entertaining delusions of evil in the White House, Führer proudly announces his shiny new toy...
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Train<In>Vain wrote:Führer proudly announces his shiny new toy...
Nowhere close to Her Majesty's Spiffing still. And probably perpetually 40 years away, like yours.

In other news, sounds like... Mao ? And we know what the result is, obviously...
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Imagine if Mao had access to the hair care products that Trump has. *shudder*
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Train<In>Vain wrote:Imagine if Mao had access to the hair care products that Trump has. *shudder*
While I did not find a photo of that, I did find a Photoshop where Trump's hair is placed on Kim Jong-Un. Handsome lad, that. :mrgreen:
fhsdfh.jpg
fhsdfh.jpg (52.2 KiB) Viewed 5202 times
In all seriousness, I am hoping that the Korean crisis can calm down with the suggested meeting meant to happen in May. Only good can come from a calmer attitude. If Trump manages to stop North Korea's nuclear program, he is worthy of many applause and it will be a massive boost to his ratings. Rightly so.
My Scenarios:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Chrill wrote:In all seriousness, I am hoping that the Korean crisis can calm down with the suggested meeting meant to happen in May. Only good can come from a calmer attitude. If Trump manages to stop North Korea's nuclear program, he is worthy of many applause and it will be a massive boost to his ratings. Rightly so.
I hope Trump gets some real education on proper geopolitics and nuclear policy this time. And have a stance.

He's not the most well known to drive back into his own supposed materials, unlike PMQs.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “Off-Topic”