The next Hitler or Quisling or Stalin takes over your country's govt

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The next Hitler or Quisling or Stalin takes over your country's govt

Post by Wahazar »

I am hoping that the Czechoslovakian crisis can calm down with the suggested meeting meant to happen in Munich. Only good can come from a calmer attitude. If Chamberlain manages to stop Nazi Germany territory demands, he is worthy of many applause and it will be a massive boost to his ratings. Rightly so.
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

McZapkie wrote:
I am hoping that the Czechoslovakian crisis can calm down with the suggested meeting meant to happen in Munich. Only good can come from a calmer attitude. If Chamberlain manages to stop Nazi Germany territory demands, he is worthy of many applause and it will be a massive boost to his ratings. Rightly so.
I am slightly surprised that many of you see Trump or Kim Jong-un as the Hitler while I think Putin or Xi Jing-ping look closer to one.

Kim Jong-un is Mussolini at best...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Plenty of Hitlers of various degrees around. Erdogan, Assad, Afwerki etcpp. Life's pretty good in the West these days, altogether, but the world itself remains in dire need of fixing ^^;
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

michael blunck wrote:Will Russia Wake Up?
Don't know who is this guy but he sounds naive.
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

regards
Michael
Or Russia assassinated someone on British soil in a deliberately obvious way to show up how divided the western world is and how isolated the UK is. We have no friend in the world.. no one in the EU is interested due to Brexit and trump cares only for himself
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

sevenfm wrote:Don't know who is this guy but he sounds naive.
Almost as if he were brainwashed by Russian propaganda. The irony. ^^
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

Chris wrote:Or Russia assassinated someone on British soil in a deliberately obvious way to show up how divided the western world is and how isolated the UK is.
I would look into direction of NS-2 and those who are not interested in it economically.
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

siu238X wrote:
McZapkie wrote:
I am slightly surprised that many of you see Trump or Kim Jong-un as the Hitler while I think Putin or Xi Jing-ping look closer to one.

Kim Jong-un is a pimple on Stalin's αss. I agree that Putin is the biggest threat.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

I agree that Putin is the biggest threat.
I hope you consider him and his army only as a threat. :roll:

Tommorow we'll have an a reelection, but no mater that I'd like to know for whom will you vote if you could (not sure if you know anyone else but mr. P).
Sorry for my bad English.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Simozzz wrote:
I agree that Putin is the biggest threat.
I hope you consider him and his army only as a threat. :roll:

Tommorow we'll have an a reelection, but no mater that I'd like to know for whom will you vote if you could (not sure if you know anyone else but mr. P).
Last I checked there was no one but useful clowns like Zhirinovsky. The entire Russian "political scene" exists only to make Putin look good.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

McZapkie wrote:
Alternate version wrote:I am hoping that the Czechoslovakian crisis can calm down with the suggested meeting meant to happen in Munich. Only good can come from a calmer attitude. If Chamberlain manages to stop Nazi Germany territory demands, he is worthy of many applause and it will be a massive boost to his ratings. Rightly so.
Unless NK has nowhere to expand to. Their only expansion option is direct death.
Train<In>Vain wrote:
siu238X wrote:I am slightly surprised that many of you see Trump or Kim Jong-un as the Hitler while I think Putin or Xi Jing-ping look closer to one.

Kim Jong-un is a pimple on Stalin's αss. I agree that Putin is the biggest threat.
None of them is a threat IMO. Xi and Putin can't change the status quo; the worst they're going to do is going to be as legal as you westerners have done all the time (pressure, or more pressure). Trump is fine - the country can go on autopilot.

Seriously, I don't get why. The only threat right now is people don't realize there isn't one, they're under impression something is happening a mistake is going to be made, badly.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Chris wrote: [...] how isolated the UK is. We have no friend in the world.. no one in the EU is interested due to Brexit and trump cares only for himself
But unlike Russia, you Brits have brilliant politicians. Just to name a few, you have Mrs May, you have Boris, and now you even have that Williamson! Not that it´s much better elsewhere in EU ...
Pyoro wrote:
sevenfm wrote: Don't know who is this guy but he sounds naive.
Almost as if he were brainwashed by Russian propaganda. The irony. ^^
Lacking intellectual potence? Helping yourself would have been easy:
https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/pages/ ... g-roberts/

HTH
Michael
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

michael blunck wrote:Lacking intellectual potence? Helping yourself would have been easy:
https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/pages/ ... g-roberts/
Sounds like he is as he makes idiotic statements.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

The main difference between his academic credentials and mine are that he's older. I don't see how that makes him automatically right - and in return I won't claim that it makes me automatically right either. ^^

This sort if argument from authority is pointless. Either a statement has merit on its own. Or it doesn't. A lifetime of being right on X doesn't make anyone right on issue Y.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

siu238X wrote:
McZapkie wrote:
Seems that I should exclaim my sarcasm more obviously. I wasn't my intention to use argumentum ad Hitlerum, but to point out, that negotiation with authoritarians is leading to nowhere. It is like attempt to pet an alpha wolf trying to calm it down. Your hand will be eaten.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Pyoro wrote: [PCR] The main difference between his academic credentials and mine are that he's older.
Care to enlighten me about your "academic credentials"? I don´t remember having read anything memorable from you, neither in a book nor in a journal?

regards
Michael
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

McZapkie wrote:Seems that I should exclaim my sarcasm more obviously. I wasn't my intention to use argumentum ad Hitlerum, but to point out, that negotiation with authoritarians is leading to nowhere.
That's what they do today - demonize anyone who has something they need with their zombifying TV, and then bomb him, killing thousands of innocent people and destroying whole countries in the process. They call it spreading democracy.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

McZapkie wrote:... but to point out, that negotiation with authoritarians is leading to nowhere.
This is why you can't speak to a mute person right ?

Hidden sarcasm and technicalities aside, that talk could literally re-cement the Pax Americana notion. The only question is whether the US is properly prepared.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

regards
Michael
You may notice that this opinion piece, which, among other things, attacks the mainstream media for a lack of factual reporting, is itself very light on facts. It takes it several paragraphs to get to its first one, that being that the UK has accused Russia of poisoning people on its soil without proper evidence. A bit of digging later, we land at the Bush administration fabricating Saddam Hussein's possession of WMDs. These are actually also the only facts presented in the whole article. The author doesn't cite any sources, I only know they're facts from other, reputable sources.

Other than that, the author tells us the following:

the Russian government, people, and media are all unaware of some kind of western threat due to "brainwashing" by "American propaganda" (variations of this sentiment are repeated across the article)
UK is a country that could be destroyed by Russia
UK is perpetrating an alleged lie about Assad's use of chemical weapons in Syria
UK supporting more unspecified lies about Gaddafi
World War 3 is nigh
open advice to the Russian government to not abide by international law and instead directly threaten the UK with destruction (which honestly sounds like something Zhirinovsky would say)

None of which is sourced, factual reporting, relevant, or should be given any kind of attention. It appeals to emotion, but brings nothing of value to the table. I'm very, very skeptical of this source, regardless of how much approval it seemingly gets (especially seeing how a good chunk of it comes from alt-media of similar caliber).

I recommend using https://mediabiasfactcheck.com for checking your sources for bias and factual reporting. Speaking of which, Mr. Roberts seems to have a past with a highly biased magazine with less than stellar accuracy, something to keep in mind https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/human-events/

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury

Return to “Off-Topic”