Unpopular Opinions

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Post by Drury »

Indian trains are the coolest.

No reason for this being an unpopular opinion, other than not many people actually get to see how cool they are underneath the, you know, passengers.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

We never should have landed a man on the moon. It's a mistake. Now everything is compared to that one accomplishment.

I can't believe they could land a man on the moon . . . and taste my coffee!

I think we all would have been a lot happier if they hadn't landed a man on the moon. Then we'd go,
They can't make a prescription bottle top that's easy to open? I'm not surprised they couldn't land a man on the moon. Things make perfect sense to me now.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Train<In>Vain wrote:We never should have landed a man on the moon. It's a mistake. Now everything is compared to that one accomplishment.

I think we all would have been a lot happier if they hadn't landed a man on the moon. Then we'd go,
They can't make a prescription bottle top that's easy to open? I'm not surprised they couldn't land a man on the moon. Things make perfect sense to me now.
Oddly this is not a "problem" in countries that did land a man on the moon, but weren't the first to do so.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Drury wrote:
Train<In>Vain wrote:We never should have landed a man on the moon. It's a mistake. Now everything is compared to that one accomplishment.

Oddly this is not a "problem" in countries that did land a man on the moon, but weren't the first to do so.
Yeah, no one in the UK compares anything to landing someone on the moon, which by todays standards, is actually fairly basic technology. The problem is people constantly want more, some modern technology is a lot more complex than that in the Apollo 11 computers, your typical calculator that isn't from a £1 shop probably has more computing power than the Apollo 11 systems.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Train<In>Vain wrote:We never should have landed a man on the moon.
That's your problem. Now it went too far that people don't like it anymore.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Been watching Seinfeld, have we? It's basically a word for word quote of the episode I watched just last night. Which I'm still not a fan of :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

I remember when the moderator was a much older woman: Kindly,
discreet, unattractive. We didn't know anything about her private life.
We didn't want to know anything about her private life.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Gord
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Gord »

Blade Runner is rubbish.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Vegans aren't as high and mighty as they think they ar...

oh, unpopular opinions, right...
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I fully support the institution of EU and want open borders between all EU countries effective immediately.
My Scenarios:
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I like black coffee with sugar, not many people in their 20's in Canada like black coffee (or coffee at all)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

NekoMaster wrote:I like black coffee with sugar, not many people in their 20's in Canada like black coffee (or coffee at all)
Everyone here likes that I could only presume.

I don't like biodegradable plastic. It's just an excuse that they're flimsier, easily break and won't stay intact for storing your things a long time. Also possibly hard to recycle well.

I also hate anti-plastic bag campaigns. They're the worst offender of environmental campaigns. What, isn't it cheaper and better rather than planting more cotton field (hence fighting for land) or cutting more trees ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

YNM wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:I like black coffee with sugar, not many people in their 20's in Canada like black coffee (or coffee at all)
Everyone here likes that I could only presume.

I don't like biodegradable plastic. It's just an excuse that they're flimsier, easily break and won't stay intact for storing your things a long time. Also possibly hard to recycle well.

I also hate anti-plastic bag campaigns. They're the worst offender of environmental campaigns. What, isn't it cheaper and better rather than planting more cotton field (hence fighting for land) or cutting more trees ?
We recycle plastic here and turn it into the plastic fibers/polyester that goes into making shopping bags (99 cents each)
Strong, durable, and hold a lot more then plastic shopping bags.

---

I think its rather stupid that some things aren't accepted for recycling here in the Greater Toronto area, shopping bags aren't accepted mean while other places do (they just compress them into bales and melt them down)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

NekoMaster wrote:We recycle plastic here and turn it into the plastic fibers/polyester that goes into making shopping bags (99 cents each)
Strong, durable, and hold a lot more then plastic shopping bags.

---

I think its rather stupid that some things aren't accepted for recycling here in the Greater Toronto area, shopping bags aren't accepted mean while other places do (they just compress them into bales and melt them down)
I would actually agree about recycling them and make them into some other bags, but banning usage is useless. Also, I doubt the woven version hold more than however many usual plastic bag, as here buying something sometimes isn't what you plan, and they're not going to help for small things...
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Electric Youth are the sound of the future.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

With SUGAR?

No no no. Black coffee with sugar is like.. well, there's no comparing it. Black coffee with nothing. And strong. And many cups a day.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/maps- ... st-coffee/

Check out this top list. In the top 10, you'll find:
10. Canada (pfft)
6. Sweden
4. Denmark
3. Iceland
2. Norway
1. Finland

Do you see now, us Northern Europeans are better at EVERYTHING, including coffee consumption :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I say that article is broken! It says the UK is the 3rd biggest tea drinker in the world, and we all know the UK is Number 1 at drinking tea! :mrgreen:

In other news, I think the Tea Bag should come out before the milk goes in! (Perhaps not so much unpopular, more controversial). Milk in first tastes disgusting!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Milk in tea? Come on guys, what is this? Drink it properly.
My Scenarios:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:Milk in tea? Come on guys, what is this? Drink it properly.
This is properly :wink: We're British, we practically invented Tea drinking, thus, our way is the proper way! :lol:
20170907_102754.jpg
See Chrill! A proper brew!
(3.65 MiB) Not downloaded yet
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Coffee with milk and sugar = Children's coffee.
Tea? Well, it's like coffee for the weak!
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button

Return to “Off-Topic”