The Dominion of Canada is 150 years old today!

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: The Dominion of Canada is 150 years old today!

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Seems our neighbors to the north are a more immediate danger to worry about than "Russa" or North Korean nukes. X(
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Train<In>Vain wrote:Seems our neighbors to the north are a more immediate danger to worry about than "Russa" or North Korean nukes. X(
Seems your own people are even more of an immediate danger to worry about than Canadians :lol: After all, he actually DID land on a taxiway!

-----
NekoMaster wrote:Also as a poor person, I like that I have free health care.
Wooooo, free healthcare club! :D Hopefully ours will manage to survive!
YNM wrote:I'd be happy because you still manage to have a monarch somewhere in your system. Shows the maturity.
Monarchy's are nothing special though really. It's all just a ceremonial thing now, and helps to bring in Tourists who go "Oooo, look at the pretty palace, I wonder whether she will stick her head through the curtain", or something.... :lol:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Pilot wrote:Monarchy's are nothing special though really. It's all just a ceremonial thing now, and helps to bring in Tourists who go "Oooo, look at the pretty palace, I wonder whether she will stick her head through the curtain", or something.... :lol:
Well, the presence of the monarch is a great boost in keeping beliefs on the nation from the people... it's best when you have the sane monarchs (we know from history that doesn't need to be that sane), keeping things in check when things might go a bit awry...

Actually I wonder, could the monarch signal something to the parliament / houses about their thoughts ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

YNM wrote:Actually I wonder, could the monarch signal something to the parliament / houses about their thoughts ?
It might work differently in other countries, but in Sweden the king is not allowed to present a political opinion. He may definitely speak out on various causes, supporting this and that, but he is not permitted to affiliate with politics. The King of Sweden does host politicians, but usually would invite party leaders from both sides of the aisle so to speak.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Chrill wrote:
YNM wrote:Actually I wonder, could the monarch signal something to the parliament / houses about their thoughts ?
It might work differently in other countries, but in Sweden the king is not allowed to present a political opinion. He may definitely speak out on various causes, supporting this and that, but he is not permitted to affiliate with politics. The King of Sweden does host politicians, but usually would invite party leaders from both sides of the aisle so to speak.
I actually asked because I read somewhere (not necessarily a good source) that when Canada were to given a parliament on it's own, the Queen played a pretty significant role in it. The account stated that the Queen were much more clued-up about what it is than english parliament. Hence I asked whether she actually had some way to signal them to the parliament itself. I do aware that it might not be the case in other countries (well, monarchies), and the limitations might vary. Another case was that the Japanese Emperor couldn't stand down by it's own - he had to held a public speech to signal it.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “Off-Topic”