Donald Trump elected 45th US president

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Donald Trump elected 45th US president

Post by Drury »

Chrill wrote:In a double-post infringement by Chrill
The most corrupt mod in modern history.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Drury wrote:
Chrill wrote:In a double-post infringement by Chrill
The most honest and beloved mod in modern history.
The above quote is a fact. These are alternative facts. Many scientists support them. I've spoken to them. I've met them. My trust in these facts is huge. It's huge. It's going to be amazing.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Chrill wrote:Trump has clearly influenced Facebook. I found this button when reporting a spam post
That has been around for long. Just facebook's thing. What you see is a follow-up (unluckily I can't really search the news in later time - searching news never really worked on me.)
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

But that link specifically refers to Donald Trump.. :P
My Scenarios:
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

I've been finding myself spending more time on Snopes lately than just about any other site. I wonder if they added staff, given the daily BS coming out of Washington.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Hottest new meme

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Drury wrote:Hottest new meme

Bah, Finland too? Netherlands was sort of fun but the others have been more boring each time :P

EDIT: Ok I liked Finland. Feminist Canth. Although I claim Jean Sibelius to be Swedish, since he spoke Swedish as his mother tongue!
My Scenarios:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

The Germans killed it with NSDAP. Too controversial even in it's past territory.

The Netherlands ones are best anyway. Too sad it forgot the american islands it already have !
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Wasn't the German one the first one after the Dutch? ^^; At least the Isreali one explains that they made it because of that one.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Pyoro wrote:Wasn't the German one the first one after the Dutch? ^^; At least the Isreali one explains that they made it because of that one.
Yes, and it also shows everyone's else that was also making at the time of their airing; but nazi and their wall simply killed it. Nothing really laughable over there (I noticed apparently they had to censor the nazi swastika as well). Merkel also isn't a laugh stock (or least, apparently it's just most germans can't really take it ?). It kind of like if the Dutch one had presented this, well it'd have been slightly less received.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Chrill wrote:Huffington Post is a fake news source though. They've even won Pulitzers!
Fixed it for you.
1Fake.jpg
(158.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

A daily, comprehensive, appropriately named aggregator of Trump-related news for those interested: LINK I've donated a few bucks to the operator, seemed like a worthy enough cause.
Last edited by Dave on 18 Feb 2017 09:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed bad language from link
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

This movie is just beginning. :mrgreen:

Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

It's funny, last night Trump spoke of a terrorist attack in Sweden. One would think that I had heard of the attack, but no. It must be a media cover up, Swedish media in bed with Crooked Hillary to keep the truth from coming out. Thankfully Trump can shed the light on the truth.
My Scenarios:
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hilarious that the big event last night was Melfest! Probably equally as abhorrent in the Republicans' eyes as Muslims!!!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Trump will be more than happy to persuade all Sharia-espousing refugees to settle in Sweden and UK. Enjoy them, and be sure to encourage your women to walk around in short skirts - they love that. :twisted:
Dave

Post by Dave »

What's that got to do with him lying about an incident in Sweden?

Because that's what this is - a lie. No worse than that pesky lying media.

Flickr

Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

I haven't seen anyone quote exactly what he said and explain why it is demonstrated to be a "lie". Call me a skeptic, but I don't trust others' "Mind reading" abilities to discern what he meant. I'm not in the habit of entertaining straw men.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Train<In>Vain wrote:I haven't seen anyone quote exactly what he said and explain why it is demonstrated to be a "lie"
Here you go! He's clearly talking about Terrorist Attacks, and says "Last night in Sweden" :roll: Unless, of course, that's a fake made by the NY Times...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Train<In>Vain wrote:I haven't seen anyone quote exactly what he said and explain why it is demonstrated to be a "lie". Call me a skeptic, but I don't trust others' "Mind reading" abilities to discern what he meant. I'm not in the habit of entertaining straw men.
Interesting. What is a straw man, exactly? Would it be something along the lines of your suggestion that "Sharia loving refugees" will be coming to take over countries in Europe?

The facts of the case are thus:
  • Donald Trump said - at a rally, not a press conference, so these words haven't been manipulated - "you look at what's happening last night in Sweden" (direct quote)
  • Nothing happened in Sweden last night - confirmed by numerous news sources within Sweden, hundreds of thousands of Swedish people (who were all watching Melodifestivalen), and THE NATION ITSELF.
So if he wasn't lying, was he misinformed? I'd say wrongly suggesting that an event took place for the benefit of proving your point is a pretty bad thing for the leader of a nation to do. Have you not in this very thread supported other things he doesn't explicitly say - you're not mind reading, are you?

And so you don't have to "entertain a straw man", what Donald Trump suggested about crime rates increasing ("they're having problems they never thought possible" - direct quote) because of refugees ("they took in large numbers" - direct quote) is false - provisional figures in Sweden for 2016 suggest a broadly similar medium term trend. No terror attack has taken place on Swedish soil since the introduction of their relaxed refugee policy in 2013. These are facts which directly refute the words he said last night.

Anyway, there it is.

Flickr

Return to “Off-Topic”