Donald Trump elected 45th US president

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Donald Trump elected 45th US president

Post by YNM »

Dave wrote:The pictures prove that she went and that's about it. Violent crime towards women is prevalent in every city in the world - the fact Lucy doesn't like the fact MEN HOW DARE THEY congregate in one space at night means nothing.

The rest is conjecture by a woman known for being hideously right wing and saying whatever she can to get herself attention (a fact acknowledged by both left and right wingers).

Worst of all it's in the Mail, the most devastatingly bad rag this side of The Sun.
Modern media spread at it's best. (social media)

I still can't believe anyone would write such kind of article on widespread media... more so on the .net ... a place where nothing ever disappears ! Would he/she be shamed in the future ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Dave

Post by Dave »

That woman has no shame.

As Pilot posted, this is the woman who blasted people who named their kids after geographical locations.

... she's got a daughter called India.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Dave wrote:That woman has no shame.

As Pilot posted, this is the woman who blasted people who named their kids after geographical locations.

... she's got a daughter called India.
Classic Pilot, having a video for every occasion, always ready to share.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

this BREAKING NEWS

Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Morgs
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Morgs »

I have not commented on these forums for a while due to many reasons though I have popped to take a look when I can.

Since this is about POTUS 45 I thought I share my thoughts. That man is a Joke making a mockery out of the American Political System. I am waiting for the earthquake to happen which is his Russian Connections and once it does happen I can see Mike Pence assuming the Presidency and he is just as scary as Trump. I really hope the 2018 Mid-terms changes the landscape of Washington where the Democrats gain though it doesn't help that Red-State Dems like Joe Manchin WV, Claire McCaskill and other faces could be primaried from the left-Tea Party
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

** idle speculation with no purpose removed by moderator **
Last edited by Dave on 23 Mar 2017 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Is that a headline or a question ?

In any way, to be honest I found Trump to be still indecisive - yes he's blocking things and whatnot, but his views haven't come round to one of the classifications one can make. What does "closing your nation to the external world" mean (I mean, US is way more than self-sustaining currently right) ? And lately Tillerson sought for presidential talks with China (despite the possibility of the inherent problem with talking to Trump, as the one with Merkel shows), so is that just bogus or what ?

So far, only one thing Trump administration shows : anti-science. But I have to admit that doesn't quite tell what a nation will be.

And regarding the breaking news - let's say people of some other country are way more foolish than that :lol:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Dave

Post by Dave »

I suggest we don't start idly speculating to twist events to meet our narratives, or this will be locked permanently.

Flickr

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I'd like to idly speculate that this entire Trump thing is just an elaborate hoax, though :(
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I still half expect a TV crew to surprise me and say "What, did you think Trump was really elected? Bwahaha".

From the producers of the Truman Show, here's the Chrill Show!!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:here's the Chrill Show!!
I'd watch it! :mrgreen:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I keep popping in here just to see if he's been impeached or assasinated yet.

I'll be on my way out :mrgreen:
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

YNM wrote:Is that a headline or a question ?
I don't claim to offer anything other than "idle speculation".
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Train<In>Vain wrote: I don't claim to offer anything other than "idle speculation".
Let me guess, you're saying that because one idiot has done it in the name of "Islam", that all Muslim's should be banned, and that they're all the same? Do you know anything about British history? For years, Britain was bombed by the IRA, people who were Irish, and of the Catholic faith. Did the UK ban all the Irish or all the Catholic's? No, because that would be wrong, we realised that it was just a few idiots, instead of grouping everyone together. It's time for America to stop being so pathetic and realise the same!
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Pilot wrote:Did the UK ban all the Irish or all the Catholic's?
To be fair, you kinda banned the southern part of Ireland, and British relationships with the Catholic Church have been somewhat dubious since the fun-loving Henry VIII :P
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kalen »

Islamophobic fear-mongering is always quite "funny" to me. The entirety of Islam (and all brown people regardless of whether they even are Muslims in the first place) must be annihilated because some groups weaponize religion to hurt people, yet I'm pretty sure weaponizing religion to hurt people isn't exclusive to Islam. I don't see anyone accusing violent fundamentalist white supremacists and homophobes of being terrorists; wonder why that is. I also don't see anyone accusing campus shooters and other mass murderers who aren't affiliated with any religion of being terrorists. A lot of cognitive dissonance to go around.

In fact, I say we take this even further to its logical conclusion: so many innocent people die on a daily basis due to war hawkism and imperialism, and so many others due to neoliberalism and right-wing anti-welfare/social security politics, yet I don't see anyone calling that terrorism, even though it's purely ideological in nature. It's just that ultra-capitalist ideology isn't really seen as terrorism for some very mysterious reason, even though it kills daily. :P
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Donald Trump is in extent a terrorist. He is pulling some 30 million Americans off healthcare and by doing so he can afford to give some multi millionaire people tax breaks. Those 30 million people won't be 30 million come the next election. Many will be dead, and their deaths will be directly caused by Donald Trump.

So who should we ban? The man who performed the atrocious Westminster attacks happened to be born in the United Kingdom. Banning Muslims from entering the UK would not have prevented this. If anything, it would have spurred him on and perhaps others like him.

I am sensing a new reaction to acts of terror in Europe. While they are vicious attacks on democracy, and while they may scar people for life, Europe as a whole is no longer as shocked. Perhaps we have been de-traumatized but the terrorists are no longer winning. We are.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kalen »

Chrill wrote:Those 30 million people won't be 30 million come the next election. Many will be dead, and their deaths will be directly caused by Donald Trump.
But that's not terrorism; he was democratically elected (despite losing the popular vote) and his administration is simply operating fully within its legitimate bounds. That so many people will die of poverty, sickness, and political violence in the aftermath of their politics has no bearing on any of that, evidently. /s
Chrill wrote:Banning Muslims from entering the UK would not have prevented this. If anything, it would have spurred him on and perhaps others like him.
Perhaps that would've been the case, but at the same time we mustn't fall down the trap of thinking we shouldn't ban Muslim people because we're afraid of retaliation. We shouldn't ban Muslim people because that's unethical and unjust, and that should be reason enough for institutions and governments.
Chrill wrote:Perhaps we have been de-traumatized but the terrorists are no longer winning. We are.
I'm not sure. The rise of nationalism tells a different story. I think Evil Leftist Propaganda™ (that will Eat Your Children®) is helping call people to reason and unity and not give in to xenophobia, but unfortunately the "doubleplusgood altright" is gaining terrain and we're regularly on the verge of putting nationalists in power. Combine that with neoliberals and the right-wing in general gaining votes both in the US and in Europe and that makes me very afraid for our future.

But perhaps there's still some manner of light at the end of this tunnel. There's certainly no shortage of people who will sooner go down fighting than allow fascism and company to win.
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Chrill wrote:Donald Trump is in extent a terrorist. He is pulling some 30 million Americans off healthcare and by doing so he can afford to give some multi millionaire people tax breaks. Those 30 million people won't be 30 million come the next election. Many will be dead, and their deaths will be directly caused by Donald Trump.

So who should we ban? The man who performed the atrocious Westminster attacks happened to be born in the United Kingdom. Banning Muslims from entering the UK would not have prevented this. If anything, it would have spurred him on and perhaps others like him.

I am sensing a new reaction to acts of terror in Europe. While they are vicious attacks on democracy, and while they may scar people for life, Europe as a whole is no longer as shocked. Perhaps we have been de-traumatized but the terrorists are no longer winning. We are.
I'm glad that you care so much about Americans (whose "deaths are being caused by Trump").
Dave

Post by Dave »

Train<In>Vain wrote:
YNM wrote:Is that a headline or a question ?
I don't claim to offer anything other than "idle speculation".
Yes, and you didn't know that then. You were speculating for the sake of proving your big fluffy point within 12 hours of a terrorist attack. Good for you, you were right waheyyy. If you have the background you profess you'd show some class and refrain full stop but maybe I ask too much.

Flickr

Return to “Off-Topic”