Donald Trump elected 45th US president

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Dave

Re: Donald Trump elected 45th US president

Post by Dave »

Ah it's as if he and I have a direct line:
IMG_0327.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG (91.85 KiB) Viewed 582 times
So he was referring to a documentary on a right wing news channel. Fair enough, I guess not all media is fake then. Just those who don't support his rhetoric. In any case, this man needs to elucidate better. How many millions saw that who had no idea what was on FOX and now think there was a terrorist attack in Sweden?

Another classic political tactic. Say what you want to say to your biggest audience. Nuance it to smaller ones. Oldest political hack trick from the guy draining the swamp.

If it wasn't so dangerous for world stability this would be hilarious. Anyway, back on goes my moderator hat. We need more Trump supporting mods - we just aren't representative, are we? :roll:
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

So we've gone from "lie" to "does not meet journalistic standards". I'll grant that. Enjoy your tempest in a teacup.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Train<In>Vain wrote:So we've gone from "lie" to "does not meet journalistic standards". I'll grant that. Enjoy your tempest in a teacup.
Guy saying it like there's a difference :lol:

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I actually had to "prove" to a couple of American inbreds that there had indeed been no attack to Sweden. They didn't believe me. Why did they not believe me? "Our President said it, so its true".

This is the problem right here. Trump can question anybody and a sad 30-40% of the American population will believe him. Trump could probably say "Russia isn't a nation. It doesn't exist. I haven't been there. It's not on the map ok", and there would be people believing him. SO SAD. It's a YUGE problem, guys.

I haven't seen that Fox News report but I know what its about (it has been described to me) and sadly I have to point out that it is fake news. Immigration exploded in 2015, but Sweden handled it all pretty well. We have lower unemployment rates in December 2016 than December 2014 which means we have put people to work. Crime rates are steadily decreasing too. They have decreased over a 10-year period and 2016 was the safest (in terms of crimes reported) year since before I was born.

Rape? It's down too. In Sweden, there is a culture encouraging rape victims to speak up and file charges. This means we have a higher number of rapes reported than many other countries. We also arrest more rapists than other countries do. You know what? They are most commonly Swedish-born males. There is not a disproportionate amount of foreign-born rapists in Swedish jails.

The Swedish Center of Statistics do not keep a yearly database on the backgrounds of criminals, but they did record the backgrounds back in 2007. Those statistics (I admit, 10 years old by now) proved that there is no correlation between nationality and crimes committed. There is, however, a very strong and clear correlation between income and crime. Put simply, a poor white man will commit crimes at the same rate a poor Muslim man would. Now what does this tell me? It tells me the best way to crime prevention is to help these people to a decent income. We're good at that in Sweden, with our comparably low unemployment rates and generous benefits. We do offer benefits to refugees, but it's a lot lower than what a Swedish citizen is granted (about 240 US Dollars per month or $8 per day for a non-Swedish citizen with asylum status, compared to about $2500 at max for a citizen).

So you tell me, did Trump just report fake news disguised as truth?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Dave wrote:Ah it's as if he and I have a direct line
What sort of President uses the media as his only source? :roll:
Dave wrote:We need more Trump supporting mods - we just aren't representative, are we? :roll:
No, we don't need more Trump supporting mods! It just show's that you guys are intelligent people by not supporting him.
Train<In>Vain wrote:So we've gone from "lie" to "does not meet journalistic standards". I'll grant that. Enjoy your tempest in a teacup.
How many people are gonna see the retraction of his statement on Twitter though? He's told something as the "truth" in front of a crowd of people, and instead of issuing a proper retraction, he's gone and said "Oh, it was because of some documentary I watched on Fox" on Twitter! Basically, he's lied for the effect infront of the crowd, and when people call him out, he's made up some pile of excrement excuse on Twitter, that only a fraction of the American Population will see.
Chrill wrote:I actually had to "prove" to a couple of American inbreds that there had indeed been no attack to Sweden. They didn't believe me. Why did they not believe me? "Our President said it, so its true".
"Duh, Trump iz the best PREZIDANT ever 2 leed 'Murica! Everything he sayz iz tru! Any1 who sayz different iz making fake newz! Now let me go bak 2 my huntin and Moonshine! USA! USA! USA!"
Please don't ban for that awful spelling :lol:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pilot wrote:Please don't ban for that awful spelling :lol:
I might just have to... :P
My Scenarios:
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Chrill wrote:I actually had to "prove" to a couple of American inbreds that there had indeed been no attack to Sweden. They didn't believe me. Why did they not believe me? "Our President said it, so its true".

This is the problem right here. Trump can question anybody and a sad 30-40% of the American population will believe him. Trump could probably say "Russia isn't a nation. It doesn't exist. I haven't been there. It's not on the map ok", and there would be people believing him. SO SAD. It's a YUGE problem, guys.

I haven't seen that Fox News report but I know what its about (it has been described to me) and sadly I have to point out that it is fake news. Immigration exploded in 2015, but Sweden handled it all pretty well. We have lower unemployment rates in December 2016 than December 2014 which means we have put people to work. Crime rates are steadily decreasing too. They have decreased over a 10-year period and 2016 was the safest (in terms of crimes reported) year since before I was born.

Rape? It's down too. In Sweden, there is a culture encouraging rape victims to speak up and file charges. This means we have a higher number of rapes reported than many other countries. We also arrest more rapists than other countries do. You know what? They are most commonly Swedish-born males. There is not a disproportionate amount of foreign-born rapists in Swedish jails.

The Swedish Center of Statistics do not keep a yearly database on the backgrounds of criminals, but they did record the backgrounds back in 2007. Those statistics (I admit, 10 years old by now) proved that there is no correlation between nationality and crimes committed. There is, however, a very strong and clear correlation between income and crime. Put simply, a poor white man will commit crimes at the same rate a poor Muslim man would. Now what does this tell me? It tells me the best way to crime prevention is to help these people to a decent income. We're good at that in Sweden, with our comparably low unemployment rates and generous benefits. We do offer benefits to refugees, but it's a lot lower than what a Swedish citizen is granted (about 240 US Dollars per month or $8 per day for a non-Swedish citizen with asylum status, compared to about $2500 at max for a citizen).

So you tell me, did Trump just report fake news disguised as truth?
That is an amazing piece of writing! I'm sure you're aware of Peter Springare's Facebook post, so I won't bother linking to it. In any case I couldn't care less about what "refugees" are doing in Sweden - I'm just glad they're doing it there and not here. It's was foolish to even mention Sweden in that speech.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

FUN FACT: Donald Trump made this speech in Orlando, Florida. Did you know that in Orlando, Florida, there were 165 murders. If you exclude the horrible terrorist attack on the Orlando gay club, there were still 116 murders in Orlando during 2016. Compare that 116 murder number to the total number of murders in all of Sweden during the same time period: 112. That's right. Even if we exclude the terrorist attack in Orlando, that city alone accounted for more murders than the entire population of Sweden. Now, Wikipedia tells me that approximately 270,000 people live in Orlando. Sweden reached 10 million people in January 2017, so there were approximately 9.9 million people in Sweden during 2016. It's strange how the relatively small city of Orlando can murder more people than a country on the brink of ruin. Ah well, what do I know? I only live here, and have done so for 25 of my 26 years on Earth.
My Scenarios:
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

You Swedes are surprisingly murderous. There's only ~300 murders in Germany yearly, so 100 per ~27.000.000 ppl. And we've got a relatively dense country, so people actually meet each other, meaning they have _opportunity_. While Swedes have to ride their elks for miles to meet their neighbors, just to kill them. Why bother? Really weird.

On a sidenote, it's still more people in the US killed by the police than Germans are murdered by criminals:
http://www.killedbypolice.net/kbp2016.html
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill, Pyoro, what are you talking about? Those figures are obviously fake. Trump said so, I believe him, I've met him, he's the best, the greatest :lol:
I'm totally on an NSA no-fly list now :lol:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Dave wrote:Ah it's as if he and I have a direct line:

IMG_0327.JPG

So he was referring to a documentary on a right wing news channel. Fair enough, I guess not all media is fake then. Just those who don't support his rhetoric. In any case, this man needs to elucidate better. How many millions saw that who had no idea what was on FOX and now think there was a terrorist attack in Sweden?

Another classic political tactic. Say what you want to say to your biggest audience. Nuance it to smaller ones. Oldest political hack trick from the guy draining the swamp.
Such is the working of the guy who rides the cha-riot of fire...
Train<In>Vain wrote:That is an amazing piece of writing! I'm sure you're aware of Peter Springare's Facebook post, so I won't bother linking to it. In any case I couldn't care less about what "refugees" are doing in Sweden - I'm just glad they're doing it there and not here. It's was foolish to even mention Sweden in that speech.
He's a police. He should know better than complaining to the mass (mess ?) on a platform unintentionally optimized to blind people off. Same to you AFAIK, you should know better.

You know what ? Come down here, if you want to see how rude and unstable people can be :lol:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pyoro wrote:While Swedes have to ride their elks for miles to meet their neighbors, just to kill them. Why bother? Really weird.
I can't argue with that :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

I'm posting this article as an example of how the American alt-right fabricates a pack of lies, and passes it off as "journalism". Be sure to click the link to view the fake photos:

Where females fear to tread: KATIE HOPKINS reports from Sweden, the Scandi-lib paradise where terrified women have vanished from the streets and a conspiracy of silence and self-censorship on immigration buries the truth

I didn't come to Sweden for the riots. Or because of Trump. In fact, I was supposed to be here in December — before airline strikes stood in my way.
I came because I was asked. Repeatedly.
Swedish women reaching out by email, by letter, to quietly show me what has become of their country.

Dads writing that they were worried for their daughters, tweeting that Sweden is not the place people imagine it to be, that young girls are scared to go out at night.
A news feed filled with reports of the rape and assault of Sweden’s young women, some inexplicably streamed live on Facebook by the gang as they attacked.

Other reports filed quietly away in a box marked unmentionable: the rape of a 14-year-old child by an 'unaccompanied minor' immigrant who later bragged he was 45.
When Trump turned the world's attention to Sweden by clumsily referring to the effects of mass-migration on what used to be seen as the most liberal country on earth, the country was ready and waiting to blow.

He provided the touch-paper to the explosive mixture of thousands of bored young migrants who were born into fighting and have brought the battle with them.
Fuelled by the oxygen of publicity, they performed here last week in Rinkeby, nicknamed 'Little Mogadishu': looting, rioting, burning out cars.
While liberals countered with accusations of fake news, the right highlighted the chaos caused in this town where 90% of Rinkeby residents are foreign, mostly recently arrived.
Rape statistics were shared and widely interpreted: either Stockholm was 'the rape capital of Europe', or the increase in sexual assaults was a mere statistical anomaly and look, if you turn the graph on its side you will see the numbers are actually falling.

But in a world of polarised news, there still have to be some truths waiting to be told. Even if they are only observations from a single white female with no security and suffering protestor fatigue.
And I've found it all here in plain sight for anyone to see or hear – if they’re listening. If they can stop taking pictures of burned out cars or reinterpreting rape statistics to suit their agenda.
One young girl of 27 — let's call her Lucy— is now terrified of going out alone. She lives near a busy shopping centre which draws migrants from no-go zones, and dreads her walk to work and home.

She knows the latest rape cases by heart, quotes them to me, the words tumbling out, a long line of horrible happenings. She is waiting for her turn to be added to the list.
She can't tell her mum. She doesn’t want her to worry.
Her apartment was broken into last week in the middle of the day. The burglars took her laptop and her car keys, and later her car. The police told her they were too busy to come.
She doesn't want her picture to be seen now. Not in case the migrants attack again, but because the feminists will come after her and hound her as a racist for speaking out. The migrant men scare her. But it is Swedish women who have silenced her.

I saw it in action when I ran to the scene of an unexploded hand grenade in a bin outside the police station of a no-go area of town, near a mosque. I asked the police who the target was.
They said they didn't know. I asked the Muslim leader at the mosque. He said he thought it was the police.
Then two women grabbed me and told me not to make this about the mosque, not to make this a Muslim issue. This was about the police — nothing to do with migrants. I wondered if they weren't missing the point. A bomb in a bin.
Within twelve hours of my landing in Sweden, an asylum centre was burned down, arson suspected; a hand grenade was planted in a bin, either for the police or the mosque; and another hand grenade exploding, injuring one in Malmö.
Whether this noisy stuff matters or not is open to debate. I'd argue this is madness. I am in utter disbelief that this is Sweden in the 21st century, a country idolised for its ultra-advanced ideals.

A cameraman for the Swedish equivalent of the BBC asked me why this had to be politicised at all; why couldn't it just be that someone put an explosive device in a bin?
I looked at him and wondered which one of us was mad.
Later I went back to walk the no-go suburbs, ending up back in the centre of the town. A week earlier this place was torched and looted as the world looked on.
I wondered what was strange, besides the weird calm. And realised it was that I was the only woman in the place. Everyone else was young, African and male. Speaking Arabic. Hanging about, utterly without purpose.

Frustrated, I asked a few of them what they were doing, what was the point, what they would ever achieve by standing about. The mum in me was furious.
'#*&% off, you white woman whore, go suck your mum,' they replied, and proceeded to demonstrate what they did to their 'little white girlfriends'.
The next morning, I went to a local women's multi-faith centre to ask where they all were at night, why they stayed indoors, why, in a country proud of its equality, they were trapped inside?
I was ready to blame their religion, snarling at a regressive ideology which keeps women in the kitchen.
But that was only part of the story.
Despite their mixed faiths, there is one thing all the woman agreed on. They do not go out. They do not go out because they are scared — Muslim, Christian, young and old alike

One lady explained: there is a strange moral code here in Rinkeby. You are much more exposed to crime if you are not a Muslim. These boys think they can take everything from a woman who is not wearing a hijab or at least covers her hair.
Another, Besse, told me: we don’t go out on the streets here after dark. It is too dangerous. I have lived here for 25 years and it has gotten worse and worse. The situation now is so tense that it is impossible for me to go to, say, the supermarket to get some milk.
Parwin, a Christian lady, blamed the mosques: it is because of all the things they are teaching in the mosque. They are Salafists there, just like Isis. They should close the mosque because that is where these kids have learned these bad things.
But one thing they all agree on is that they do not go out. They do not go out because they are scared — Muslim, Christian, young and old alike.
Just like Swedish Lucy, trapped in her home by fear.

Worried about by their children, too worried to tell their own mums.
I felt for these ladies, comfortable in each other's company here, but horribly alone at home. Only four speak Swedish; the rest still rely on their Arabic tongue. Even after 25 years.
I left saddened. Saddened that in a country so proud of women's rights, that leads the way on maternity and female equality, pockets of life like this exist.
Where women of all religions and colour are trapped in their home by fear.
Where young men are happy to tell me to my face that I am a white whore and make sexual gestures to show me my place.
Where the reason one women is scared to show her face is because the feminists will vilify her with racial slurs.
Where the public broadcaster wants me to accept a hand grenade in a bin is normal.
Standing in the queue for the bus, surrounded by these people, I can honestly say, I have never felt so alone.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Katie Hopkins is a right wing mouthpiece, you could put a baby in front of her and she'd find a way to disagree with it.

The pictures prove that she went and that's about it. Violent crime towards women is prevalent in every city in the world - the fact Lucy doesn't like the fact MEN HOW DARE THEY congregate in one space at night means nothing.

The rest is conjecture by a woman known for being hideously right wing and saying whatever she can to get herself attention (a fact acknowledged by both left and right wingers).

Worst of all it's in the Mail, the most devastatingly bad rag this side of The Sun.

You're going to have to do better than that. This is just horse dung.

Flickr

Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Dave wrote:Katie Hopkins is a right wing mouthpiece, you could put a baby in front of her and she'd find a way to disagree with it.

The pictures prove that she went and that's about it. Violent crime towards women is prevalent in every city in the world - the fact Lucy doesn't like the fact MEN HOW DARE THEY congregate in one space at night means nothing.

The rest is conjecture by a woman known for being hideously right wing and saying whatever she can to get herself attention (a fact acknowledged by both left and right wingers).

Worst of all it's in the Mail, the most devastatingly bad rag this side of The Sun.

You're going to have to do better than that. This is just horse dung.
So you agree with my assessment of the article as "a pack of lies" and therefore fake news, entirely fabricated?
Dave

Post by Dave »

I smell a bait and switch... But I'll bite.

Apologies - I thought you were being sarcastic.

Flickr

Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Train<In>Vain wrote:I'm posting this article
Do you really have to copy and paste the entire contents of each and every article instead of just providing the link? If I wanted to read the pile of excrement that Katie Hopkins has written, I'd click on the link provided; instead, I have to scroll through 3 entire screens full of complete and utter dog turd before I get to see what other people have said.

Anyway, anything Katie Hopkin's says is a massive pile of s***, same with the Mail. I thought you'd be agreeing with it though, after all, it mentions that Migrant's are attacking women in Sweden, pretty much supporting your beloved Mr. Cheeto's comments that Migrant's shouldn't be allowed in, and they're bad people, etc.
Last edited by Pilot on 03 Mar 2017 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Train<In>Vain wrote:KATIE HOPKINS
You mean this walking meme?

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Dave wrote:Katie Hopkins is a right wing mouthpiece
I have grown to a place, where when I read that, I immidietly skip it. This is a non-argument.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Dave

Post by Dave »

uzurpator wrote:
Dave wrote:Katie Hopkins is a right wing mouthpiece
I have grown to a place, where when I read that, I immidietly skip it. This is a non-argument.
Skip away. She's still a total fool whether you recognise it or not.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-04-18/kati ... terranean/

One of many examples.

Flickr

Return to “Off-Topic”