Donald Trump elected 45th US president

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Donald Trump elected 45th US president

Post by Pyoro »

Simozzz wrote:And don't complain about it for your safety.
You don't complain because glorious leader Putin is perfect and without any flaws. There is nothing to complain about.

Anyway, I forwarded your post to the FSB. Clearly you've been corrupted by decadent Western influences.
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

Pyoro wrote:Putin is perfect and without any flaws.
Exactly!
Who is complaining here? Definitely not me! :lol:
Sorry for my bad English.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Yet another election screwed up by the older people, who are more susceptible to believe the racist, sexist, homophobic rubbish being shoved down their throats.
_92354440_us_elections_2016_exit_polls_age_624-1.png
_92354440_us_elections_2016_exit_polls_age_624-1.png (43.73 KiB) Viewed 1622 times
I'm beginning to think that people over a certain age, and not in work, should not be allowed to vote, or have a vote that counts for less than those of a younger person. After all, these people are normally some of the most out of touch people in the modern world, and yet make decisions that the younger generation have to live with, yet clearly don't want! Whilst an election for a president is a different kettle of fish to a referendum like the UKs EU one, any mess made by one leader will take more time to fix than it did to mess up, and the consequences can last for decades!
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

Pilot wrote:I'm beginning to think that people over a certain age, and not in work, should not be allowed to vote, or have a vote that counts for less than those of a younger person. After all, these people are normally some of the most out of touch people in the modern world, and yet make decisions that the younger generation have to live with, yet clearly don't want! Whilst an election for a president is a different kettle of fish to a referendum like the UKs EU one, any mess made by one leader will take more time to fix than it did to mess up, and the consequences can last for decades!
Or perhaps people without children should not vote, because they are not making any future and are only living for themselves? Or perhaps you stop, rewind and think more carefully about it? I think that these results are consequence of the lack of communication and understanding. And arrogance, especially arrogance.
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Translink »

I just love how the lefties preach love, tolerance and kindness

Until something they don't like happens and they go rioting...

Hillary lost because her biggest selling point was the fact that she was a woman and she had next to no politics in her campaign. Therefore, she lost the vote of the 3rd party votes because she had absolutely nothing to offer them.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Translink wrote:I just love how the lefties preach love, tolerance and kindness

Hillary lost because her biggest selling point was the fact that she was a woman and she had next to no politics in her campaign. Therefore, she lost the vote of the 3rd party votes because she had absolutely nothing to offer them.
I don't think you really know what you are talking about - in no critical state that Trump won did a 3rd party take enough of the vote to change the outcome and thus electoral vote allocation. In those key states that did see significant 3rd party votes, almost all of the share went to Gary Johnston, the Libertarian candidate, or in Utah's case an actual Republican, Evan McMullin. In both cases, those candidates drew their votes primarily from would-be republican voters.

Keep in mind - Maybe you guys in the UK don't hear this - but Hillary won a majority of the popular vote - not Trump. More Americans cast votes for Hillary than did Trump. Under the electoral college, which tries to appease smaller states by giving them disproportionate representation, and also the way an entire state's votes go to the winner of that state regardless of if they win 90% or 51% of the vote, the outcome will not always match the absolute number of votes cast. In important states that Hillary won, she won them by large margins. In important states Trump won, he won by small margins. Over the past 30 years, republicans have only won the popular vote twice (1988 and 2004), so there is no way they would allow the electoral college to be repealed.

I am not sure what is meant by "she had next to no politics in her campaign"... Most criticism of her from the right and center over the past 20 years is that she is too political. Hillary offered a platform of debt free university education, universal healthcare (similar to the NHS, instead of the private insurance we have here now), and protections for workers. Some people cared about those things, some people did not...

As for rioting - the only violence I've heard of since the election has been Trump supporters painting hateful messages on buildings in Black and Jewish neighborhoods, two incidents of people ripping hijab off of Muslim women, and several incidents of people yelling at middle eastern and Asian people to "go home". Sure that is all "lefties rioting" right?

Last night about 10,000 people met in Union Square near my office, and marched up Broadway in protest. This kind of peaceful demonstration is clearly enshrined in the First Amendment of our constitution, and is long celebrated across the left, and even parts of the right in this country.

The American left is diverse and includes all sorts of shades - not everyone puts love and kindness first and foremost. Lyndon Johnston championed the Civil Right movement and put many programs in place to benefit the poor. He also enthusiastically supported and escalated the Vietnam War, and was personally aggressive in getting his laws passed. He was really the last strong leftist leader we've had (Bill Clinton was a centrist, Obama is less left than LBJ and also has been obstructed by his congress). We aren't all flower children....
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Translink wrote:As for rioting - the only violence I've heard of since the election has been Trump supporters painting hateful messages on buildings in Black and Jewish neighborhoods, two incidents of people ripping hijab off of Muslim women, and several incidents of people yelling at middle eastern and Asian people to "go home". Sure that is all "lefties rioting" right?
https://twitter.com/kmscodi/status/796554667748716545

People are going absolutely crazy. Said it before - the center on the political spectrum is thinning. The folk is so divided and entrenched in their own views it's ridiculous.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Translink wrote:I just love how the lefties preach love, tolerance and kindness
You were very much the same after the UK voted to leave the EU. "Oh, you lost, get over it". Well no, people won't get over it, people have as much of a right to call it the wrong decision as you do to call it the right one. Of course, you'd much rather see a country with a financially uncertain future because "YUROP RUINED THE LAND ROVER".... You'd rather see a racist, homophobic, sexist man in charge of a nation, because "TOO MANY ILLEGALS STEELING JOBS FROM PEEPLE". :roll:
luxtram wrote:
Pilot wrote:I'm beginning to think that people over a certain age, and not in work, should not be allowed to vote, or have a vote that counts for less than those of a younger person. After all, these people are normally some of the most out of touch people in the modern world, and yet make decisions that the younger generation have to live with, yet clearly don't want! Whilst an election for a president is a different kettle of fish to a referendum like the UKs EU one, any mess made by one leader will take more time to fix than it did to mess up, and the consequences can last for decades!
Or perhaps people without children should not vote, because they are not making any future and are only living for themselves? Or perhaps you stop, rewind and think more carefully about it? I think that these results are consequence of the lack of communication and understanding. And arrogance, especially arrogance.
Except for people without children but still in the work place, the outcome of any election or any referendum would have the potential to disrupt their jobs and their lives. Where as an elderly person who very rarely leaves their home, spends all day watching TV, and reading newspapers filled with lies has no worries. The vast majority of them are safe no matter the outcome of an election, they'll be able to sit there and carry on watching TV after the election, when many people could be losing their jobs. I know for a fact that my vote in the referendum was cancelled out by my own grandparents, it's the same in an Election where there is such a big swing age wise :/

Of course, I would never back such a thing being integrated into society now, that was more just my frustration at the fact that 2 countries have potentially been f*** over, by people who won't be around to see the long-term consequences...
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Drury wrote:People are going absolutely crazy. Said it before - the center on the political spectrum is thinning. The folk is so divided and entrenched in their own views it's ridiculous.
I think that is the result of the center of the political spectrum not having a firm answer to the problems people perceive. So they go vote for someone who does address their perceived problems and claims to want to fix it at the source (even if it is not the real problem). And the center just keeps silent...
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Voted in primary and in general. Trump 2016!

But, KANYE 2020 yo
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Zhall wrote:Voted in primary and in general. Trump 2016!

But, KANYE 2020 yo

Look, I know the answer anyway, but, Why? Like how about you share your well reasoned thought process on this with us?
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

Hillary lost because of the arrogance of the DNC (Democratic National Committee). They played politics as usual, assumed a bunch of states would go their way because "that's what they'd always done", and screwed with the primary process in order to crown Hillary. That arrogance turned off a lot of voters. Trump's numbers weren't any better than numbers for Republicans in previous years, and Hillary's numbers were about the same as those for Democrats, pre-Obama.

Yeah, there were third party candidates, but they didn't play enough of a role to influence the election. If anything, the votes for Johnson would have gone to a Republican candidate in any other year (that wasn't Trump).

TL;DR: Hillary and the Democrats have no one to blame but themselves.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Simozzz wrote:
This is why one should always have direct voting at hand. Brexit, and This.
That's why I say Russian "democracy" is the best one.
Vote or not, they've already decided results for you. And don't complain about it for your safety.
Yes, Putin has been there since SU falls off. So it's yet another great leader.

Regarding old people : yes they don't run day-to-day society but not putting them in would be a disgrace, considering those elected are almost always old people (nobody in their 30s have been the elected president AFAIK).

Regarding Hillary : Well, so much for the electoral college. But I also have to admit that she's not a prime candidate either.

Regarding electoral college or such things : Alternative vote scheme, anyone ?

But the only lesson learned is this : a nation whose people are divided, stands divided.

What the next thing will be ?
I have a silly PoV : Whoever owns the title of the president, is the president.
No, he's not going to reform much.
No, his noise will be nothing more but a hiss (except something threatening happened).
No, he's not going to manage the country as himself.
Consider this : every bad boys, every bright guys who took the "throne", do they stays the same after sitting on it ? No.

So don't be that much worried, everyone. If anything too bad ever happened, the military is there...
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'm worried about three things with Trump elected:

1) It is now acceptable to treat minorities badly. He's doing it, why can't 12-year old kids do it? "Trump" the girls in class, rip that hijab off the Muslim woman, tell that Asian dude to "get back to where he came from". He is promoting racism and hatred.
2) The environment is clearly not a Trump priority. He thinks that climate change is a hoax made up by the Chinese. Do you even hear how paranoid that sounds? That man is simply not in touch with reality.
3) I do believe he will make the American military again. He will do so by removing any and all support for the poor of his country. The funds have to come from somewhere and they damn sure aren't coming through increased taxes. That means welfare is sure to take a hit. All the good Obama built over 8 years (just look at unemployment numbers) willl be torn apart.

It's as though the Donald is more into having power than actually making the lives of American people improve. Just remember that the Muslims, the Jews, the Christians and the atheists are all equally American and worthy of a chance. So are the straight people, the gays, and the queers.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

After a deep rethought, I have to agree that the problem will be with those who feel "on the wind" with his election.

Environtment ? Well I can't do nothing but weep and wail on it. Same goes on cares, but don't forget about US debt. (silly to think a "world superpower" have debts... and china is among the lenders (?))
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

YNM wrote:Same goes on cares, but don't forget about US debt. (silly to think a "world superpower" have debts... and china is among the lenders (?))
And who's causing debt? It decreased under Bill Clinton, skyrocketed under Bush, levelled out under Obama and is sure to rise again under Trump.

I mean, why are Republicans simply worse at handling a budget?

On a funny note. If you compare the wealth of Paris Hilton and Donald Trump, she has converted her fortune better than Trump. She started out far smaller and has made more money per dollar than he has. She has never declared bankruptcy nor been the target of numerous lawsuits.

Hilton for President, anyone? :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Chrill wrote:I'm worried about three things with Trump elected:

1) It is now acceptable to treat minorities badly. He's doing it, why can't 12-year old kids do it? "Trump" the girls in class, rip that hijab off the Muslim woman, tell that Asian dude to "get back to where he came from". He is promoting racism and hatred.
2) The environment is clearly not a Trump priority. He thinks that climate change is a hoax made up by the Chinese. Do you even hear how paranoid that sounds? That man is simply not in touch with reality.
3) I do believe he will make the American military again. He will do so by removing any and all support for the poor of his country. The funds have to come from somewhere and they damn sure aren't coming through increased taxes. That means welfare is sure to take a hit. All the good Obama built over 8 years (just look at unemployment numbers) willl be torn apart.

It's as though the Donald is more into having power than actually making the lives of American people improve. Just remember that the Muslims, the Jews, the Christians and the atheists are all equally American and worthy of a chance. So are the straight people, the gays, and the queers.
His plan for the first 100 days includes repealing all "unconstitutional policies put in place by president Obama" which means foremostly ACA, yes. He's also saying he is actually going to stop funding UN's anti-climate change efforts and bolster fossil fuel mining, and greenlight the Keystone Pipeline. With Pence as his right hand, LGBT rights are as good as dead. The guy's also rabidly against both abortion and birth control.

However, Trump also said he'd get rid of the TPP agreement which would potentially help the middle class, and in a really screwed up way getting rid of obamacare would also relieve them (not saying it's worth, healthcare should be a given). His anti-corruption plans also seem good on paper, the parts that aren't extremely vague at least.

Then there's also the part where everyone learned a bunch of lessons, especially the Wall Street in charge of the democrats in charge of the media. That whole self-propelled propaganda machine got a well-deserved kick in the nuts.

Also he's planning to return all illegal immigrants somehow and actually build the wall, stop funding of sanctuary cities and deny visas of immigrants from terror-prone countries, so yeah I don't think people tearing those hijabs off is really going to be a problem.

He's also planning to get out of NATO, so the EU might want to finally get started on that common army. Brexit kinda helps here since the UK would never allow this. It's hardly ideal having to do things this way, but let's say after 4 years someone normal gets elected, hops back on that NATO train and now EU has a cool army to boot, everyone wins. That is, if we win the inevitable war against the US-backed Putin.

But let's also not forget Clinton was being bankrolled by a bunch of wealthy people not too different from Trump and - to counter the "Trump grabs the pussy" narrative - her husband is barely any better. She also has never been a fan of LGBT, supported the war in Iraq (which Trump didn't) and she filtered what official correspondence was good for the government and which was better to pass on to some other parties. Hardly the best of choices. I'm not extremely stumped by the Trump now since I didn't see a positive outcome coming either way. Already done my share of the crying several months ago.

Had she never rigged the DNC primaries against the Bern, who knows what could have been. He's too left for my tastes, but there seems to be nothing catastrophically wrong with him unlike the two candidates we got.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:I mean, why are Republicans simply worse at handling a budget?
Some political parties believe that the way to help the country is to increase the deficit, I believe that Labour are very much of that opinion in the UK, whilst the Tories normally try and bring down the debt, through privatisation and years of cuts. I imagine it's very much the same way in the States.
YNM wrote:but don't forget about US debt. (silly to think a "world superpower" have debts... and china is among the lenders (?))
Countries debts normally work as everyone is normally in debt to one another. I mean, just look at the Chinese Debt. That's why they're at silly numbers that will never be paid back.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Drury wrote:so yeah I don't think people tearing those hijabs off is really going to be a problem.
What.

How is that not a problem? Are you actually insane? Women across the USA are removing their hijabs out of fear for the white man. They want to wear it, it's not up to us white Europeans or Americans to decide. It's up to them. They are removing the hijabs from fear of being attacked. There are posts online where women are crying because their 8-year old children are asking "mum, should I say I am Christian instead of muslim?". American citizens. Born and raised in the USA by parents born and raised in the USA. These people are now attacked for a piece of cloth on their head.

Westerns love calling the hijab a tool of oppression, but the truth is most bearers wear it with pride. The hijab is to Muslim women what the cross is for a Christian. It's a part of their identity.

Had it been up to me, religion would not be around. But as long as it is, we need to protect the people following one.
My Scenarios:
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Chrill wrote:
Drury wrote:so yeah I don't think people tearing those hijabs off is really going to be a problem.
What.
It was a joke about how there won't really be any muslims to tear hijabs off of, but yeah. It's not cool.

-Drury

Return to “Off-Topic”