Red Dead Redemption 2

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Chrill »

All aboard the hype train.

Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption,
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving
heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the
foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

First trailer releasing today at 11am Eastern. That's 4pm in Britain and 5pm in Central Europe. GET IN!!
Attachments
Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Reveal.jpg
Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Reveal.jpg (68.67 KiB) Viewed 1249 times
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Redirect Left »

I was excited, then I read further and it seems they've registered domains for RedDead Online, and further articles did seem to confirm RDR2 would have a large multiplayer aspect.
Pretty much lost all hype and interest after that, don't want another game where R* spends all their effort and further development on the multiplayer aspects instead of what you can do in singleplayer like they have done wih Gta V
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote:I was excited, then I read further and it seems they've registered domains for RedDead Online, and further articles did seem to confirm RDR2 would have a large multiplayer aspect.
Pretty much lost all hype and interest after that, don't want another game where R* spends all their effort and further development on the multiplayer aspects instead of what you can do in singleplayer like they have done wih Gta V
GTA V had a great single player experience. They just never added to it. RDR2 will probably go down the same route.

I still regularly play GTA Online although I am no big fan of it. I quite enjoy their new Biker mode recently released. The problem with online gaming is that it's only as good as the people you're playing with. And they're usually s***.
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I still play the San Andreas Multiplayer mod, as for me, none of the online experiences done by Rockstar have ever matched the customization and what you can do in SA:MP, and GTA Online is just full of cheaters with seemingly no (or invisible) admins taking care of it.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote:I still play the San Andreas Multiplayer mod, as for me, none of the online experiences done by Rockstar have ever matched the customization and what you can do in SA:MP, and GTA Online is just full of cheaters with seemingly no (or invisible) admins taking care of it.
I can genuinely only recall one instance of encountering an obvious cheater. Then again, I'm on console and perhaps you're on PC? For SA:MP, we all used s0beit anyway :wink:

People end up in dedicated "loser" servers if they are reported or voted Kick too often, or they do bad stuff like destroying personal vehicles. Happened to me once for rage quitting too many times in races :lol: I was in there for 3 days or something before being allowed back into regular circulation.
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Hah. Created this two years ago, almost to the day.

Here we are then, less than two weeks until launch. I've pre-ordered this game, something I haven't done for any game in recent years. I've also taken the day off from work. Yes I have. I told my boss I did it to play a video game, he said "man I wish I could do what. My wife would just laugh at me and leave me with the kids". Fair enough.

To get you all hyped up, here is the number one thing you need to know:

Horse balls shrink as it gets colder outside.

Yup. I mean, while horse balls aren't the most impressive part of what they've told us, this hints at the insane scope and level of detail featured. Yes I'm overly hyped. Yes I'm set to be disappointed. Go on, just bring me down eh. :P
My Scenarios:
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Feels a lot like R* took the lessons of GTA5 and applied them to RDR. It really looks stunning, and as if there's a ton to do. So should be great, assuming it's not bugged or something.

Oddly enough I'm still not into it. Can't really explain it though ^^; Maybe because I didn't like the RDR1 story much. And the GTA5 story not at all. And I somehow subconsciously expect that that part will disappoint me again? But, I don't know. ^^;
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Here's hoping they've finally learnt how to code multiplayer correctly, or just ditch it.
GTA V & GTA IV online suffered from some problems, mostly - they trust the clients opinions of events, which leads to it being so easy to cheat on, mostly money hacking.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Red Dead 2, then Fallout 76 and we're expecting our 2nd child in between the 2...… busy Oct/Nov for me!
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Badger wrote:Red Dead 2, then Fallout 76 and we're expecting our 2nd child in between the 2...… busy Oct/Nov for me!
Fallout 76 just hasn't got me going at all. I've loved all the Fallout games Bethesda (and Obsidian) have put out, but 76 just hasn't sparked an interest. I loathe playing with random people. I really do :lol: Congratulations in advance for your second child.
Pyoro wrote:Maybe because I didn't like the RDR1 story much. And the GTA5 story not at all. And I somehow subconsciously expect that that part will disappoint me again? But, I don't know. ^^;
That's a shame! I wasn't too passionate about the storyline in RDR1 but I enjoyed just roaming, a feeling I expect will be even greater here. I do like GTA5's story and have completed it a couple times since it came out.
My Scenarios:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Chrill wrote:
Badger wrote:Red Dead 2, then Fallout 76 and we're expecting our 2nd child in between the 2...… busy Oct/Nov for me!
Fallout 76 just hasn't got me going at all. I've loved all the Fallout games Bethesda (and Obsidian) have put out, but 76 just hasn't sparked an interest. I loathe playing with random people. I really do :lol: Congratulations in advance for your second child.
Cheers Chrill!

re Fallout 76, I'm not overly keen playing with random folk online but you can do the vast majority on your own just in a constant online environment.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

What i simply love is how Arthur Morgan can have hair growing extremely long. :lol:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

acs121 wrote:What i simply love is how Arthur Morgan can have hair growing extremely long. :lol:
We all know we'll shave his head and give him a massive unmanaged beard. :P
My Scenarios:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Well, i prefer the McCree hairstyle (you know, in Overwatch)...
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

acs121 wrote:Well, i prefer the McCree hairstyle (you know, in Overwatch)...
I really don't know Overwatch, but then again I am not 12. :P If I were, I wouldn't be allowed to play RDR2!
My Scenarios:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I'm not 12 either, and i didn't play Overwatch a lot :wink:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

We have leakage:
[+] Spoiler
https://streamable.com/pqhov

Looking really lovely. The soundtrack kicking in, the little talking at the beginning, the way one of the lawmen is hit by a bullet passing through the other lawman. The way the horses scatter. This appears to be a genuine random encounter based on having a Wanted level, and it looks spectacular.
My Scenarios:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Been playing for 2 days now, it's a bit good!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Clearly I haven't had the time to post here this weekend. I've spent perhaps 40 hours on the game so far (and completed around 45% of the main story). It's a big game. It's a good game.

Things really can happen by chance. I passed a wagon with two lawmen and a woman in a cage shouting "He came at me! It was self defence!". I decided to rescue her, kill the lawmen. I accidentally aimed my guns at her after saving her, so she ran away screaming "DID YOU SAVE ME JUST TO KILL ME?!". I figured yes, and killed her. That was fun.

Also really enjoy the way the hair and beard grows over time, and if you do not take care of it you will look real rough. Others will comment. I found a tricorn hat (you know those triangular captains hats) and people commented "what the heck are you wearing?". I love that hat!
My Scenarios:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Chrill wrote:Clearly I haven't had the time to post here this weekend. I've spent perhaps 40 hours on the game so far (and completed around 45% of the main story). It's a big game. It's a good game.

Things really can happen by chance. I passed a wagon with two lawmen and a woman in a cage shouting "He came at me! It was self defence!". I decided to rescue her, kill the lawmen. I accidentally aimed my guns at her after saving her, so she ran away screaming "DID YOU SAVE ME JUST TO KILL ME?!". I figured yes, and killed her. That was fun.

Also really enjoy the way the hair and beard grows over time, and if you do not take care of it you will look real rough. Others will comment. I found a tricorn hat (you know those triangular captains hats) and people commented "what the heck are you wearing?". I love that hat!
Did the same thing with cage woman! I'm still in Chapter 2 of the story, keep getting side-tracked just wondering around murdering wildlife!

Return to “Off-Topic”