Red Dead Redemption 2

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by Chrill »

Badger wrote:I'm still in Chapter 2 of the story, keep getting side-tracked just wondering around murdering wildlife!
I managed to get a perfect alligator skin (3-star rating) yesterday. Problem is, while skinning it another alligator snuck up on me. As I was wading through the swamp, it struck me from below. Never saw it coming. Super dead, I was.

I think I'm in chapter 4, but it feels as though it is coming to an end. I've spent past 50 hours in this game now, and I actively try to remain on the main story for the time being but the game is so darn good at redirecting me onto other happenings. I recently ran into some strange fellows with white robes in the South. Now, who could those lads be?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

I get limited time to play what with a 4 year old always wanting Peppa Pig or CBeebies on TV, plus it's not exactly a game you can have on when she's around.

Killed myself by being thrown off a cliff by my horse when I spooked it firing a shotgun at a rabbit! (Yes, I know…….)
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Badger wrote:It's not exactly a game you can have on when she's around
Typical daddy problems.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Hah. I got myself a Perfect Alligator Skin yesterday. The skull is now hanging by my resting place in the camp. Also caught myself a 6 lbs fish, so that'll feed the camp for a bit. Happy days.
My Scenarios:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Chrill wrote:Hah. I got myself a Perfect Alligator Skin yesterday. The skull is now hanging by my resting place in the camp. Also caught myself a 6 lbs fish, so that'll feed the camp for a bit. Happy days.
Such a simple, relaxing game if you want it to be.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Indeed. I love playing poker, fishing, or hunting. I quite enjoy just sitting down in a town square and listen to the others talking. That can also give clues to various side activities. If found two gold bars worth $500 each by eavesdropping!
My Scenarios:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

My favourite horse, Jemima, got killed (admittedly when I was robbing someone) but I was miles from anywhere and ended up trudging across the countryside, saddle in hand, while it poured down with rain.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I was ambushed by raiders and lost my dear horse Geronimo, a horse I've had since the first visit to a stable 40 hours previously. I am now riding Geronimo II, however I came across an Appaloosa horse with a lovely white coat and black spotted pattern. It's not as fast or strong as Geronimo II, but a lot prettier and with great stamina! :)
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Double post. What are you going to do, report me to the moderators? I abuse powers. It's cool.

Let's show some photos!
Attachments
0_0.jpg
My beardy old Arthur Morgan wearing a lovely tricorn hat and posing for the camera. Admittedly some clipping issues with his hands and the clothing, but it's not something you notice when playing.
(333.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
0_1.jpg
It is dark and rainy, yes, but I just took down the Legendary White Moose and had to pose for that. Massive creature. Arthur Morgan (foreground) and horse (background) for scale.
(240.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I'm not sure that's Arthur Morgan. It's more Jack Sparrow or something like that.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Well, if I am to look like an outlaw I better look unique. Other in-game characters and NPCs comment on that hat, saying things like "you wearing that on purpose?" or "Who forced you to look like that?" or simply "you look crazy".
My Scenarios:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Maybe if you look like other outlaws some will think you are this guy while you are Arthur Morgan ? I mean, maybe... :lol:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I killed the legendary alligator the other night, on my second attempt. Mean, vicious, b******. Hey, I got some cool alligator boots and a vest to show for it.
My Scenarios:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Chrill wrote:I killed the legendary alligator the other night, on my second attempt. Mean, vicious, b******. Hey, I got some cool alligator boots and a vest to show for it.
Nice, I've not tackled a legendary yet.

Found a secret cave up in the northwest, some crazy dude living in it...… promptly fell down what appeared to be a bottomless pit.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Oh that sounds interesting! I have not encountered that one. To be honest, the game is starting to dry out a bit now. After 80-90 hours, I have completed most side missions too. I mean, that is a LOT of time spent in a game before running out of things to do. I'm not keen on rebooting it again, I feel like not knowing how this game ends is a big part of the storyline. Starting to feel ready for Red Dead Online now!
My Scenarios:

Return to “Off-Topic”