Mashinky

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Mashinky

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Thanks a lot guys! I am also looking forward to let more people play this. There is still huge amount of work to be done, but this keeps me motivated:)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

You know you are welcome to use us for all your testing needs. :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Chrill wrote:You know you are welcome to use us for all your testing needs. :mrgreen:
I would agree with this :)

Especially for someone like me whos really bored and unemployed for the foreseeable future (I'll be looking for work after new years again or going to get my grade 12 math so I can apply for metal working in college)

So I have lots of time, and still make time for games even when I'm working or in school.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

JanZeleny85 wrote:Thanks a lot guys! I am also looking forward to let more people play this. There is still huge amount of work to be done, but this keeps me motivated:)
I think it's really gonna pick up steam once you release a playable build. At the moment a lot of people don't realize how different to play it is going to be relative to other games in the genre.

I've already seen a lot of positive feedback on the construction mechanics, though. People do appreciate the grid.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Yeah, you are right Drury.
I have quite interesting feedback from first public playtest opn GDS 2 months ago, where half of audience tried to play Mashinky the same way as TTD, but were failing in making track continuous (not able to do sharp 45 / 90 degree corners), while other half (which btw also closed tutorial in first two seconds in game :) ) were kind of lost in what is this game about, where is specific corridor challenge to fight against.

These are my faults, first one I've fixed with one idea from one of Factorio creators: "You cannot allow player to build invalid track connection, never" and than 2 months of prototyping and reimplementing :D, the second one will be hopefully solved by better sandbox quest UI and quests itself (for the first let's say 30 minutes, these quests will be rather scripted than generated to help player orientate).

What is great after these two months of work and redesigning is that now both casual and hardcore players were satisfied by track laying system and has no issue with it! That is quite a progress :)
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

JanZeleny85 wrote:Yeah, you are right Drury.
I have quite interesting feedback from first public playtest opn GDS 2 months ago, where half of audience tried to play Mashinky the same way as TTD, but were failing in making track continuous (not able to do sharp 45 / 90 degree corners), while other half (which btw also closed tutorial in first two seconds in game :) ) were kind of lost in what is this game about, where is specific corridor challenge to fight against.
Oh I know all about that kinda stuff :lol: Never expected players' attention spans and ineptitude to be such a challenge before I started making my own little games.

Thankfully your shortcomings are usually obvious in hindsight. Good to hear you've found a way to make the game approachable without dumbing it down too much.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Yeah, I know you understand exactly what I mean, Grand stratospheric is similar case...

And yes, I would rather make the game as hardcore as I can, but it needs to be clearly readable by the player. Simple to learn, hard to master. And it needs to make sense and fits into gameplay... but with my poor experience with game design, it will be long run:)
APDAF
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by APDAF »

Voted I really like the look of this so far! :D
Visit my screenshot thread--> http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=54118
If you want to have a go at War Thunder, PM me, I have an invite code.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

uzurpator wrote:Voted :)

You Sir are succeeding where I have failed horribly. Tons of respect.
Uzurpator lives!!

Yet all lies still and barren in the Transport Empire?
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

JanZeleny85 wrote:Yeah, I know you understand exactly what I mean, Grand stratospheric is similar case...

And yes, I would rather make the game as hardcore as I can, but it needs to be clearly readable by the player. Simple to learn, hard to master. And it needs to make sense and fits into gameplay... but with my poor experience with game design, it will be long run:)
How accommodating will you be for different playing styles?
In OpenTTD I tend to completely skip diesels and monorails,building either steam or electric or maglev.
Would your token system accommodate this or place me at a disadvantage (if so,how severe?)
To what extent can players design company livery (choose colors,spell out names,pick typefaces/logos)?

Will you have AI competitors?
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Baldy's Boss wrote:
JanZeleny85 wrote:Yeah, I know you understand exactly what I mean, Grand stratospheric is similar case...

How accommodating will you be for different playing styles?
In OpenTTD I tend to completely skip diesels and monorails,building either steam or electric or maglev.
Would your token system accommodate this or place me at a disadvantage (if so,how severe?)
To what extent can players design company livery (choose colors,spell out names,pick typefaces/logos)?

Will you have AI competitors?

Hi Boss:), good questions! About different play styles, this game will unlock you new for example engines every era, but you may choose if you upgrade your current engines, or buy the new one (it works like there is small new diesel, but you may rather unlock big fast steam instead). It is the same for many other parts of this game. For example you may upgrade forest to produce charcoal or use coal mine instead, you may extend size of station, or build upgrades like restaurant, hotel, station building instead to make it small, but more effective.. Last but not least, tokens could be spend for many different advantages. You may build better faster bridge, or buy better engine, or upgrade station / industry, or buy cheep engine that consumes this expensive tokens as fuel.

Company will have Color (applied to all company assets), name, and....wait for that... generated face as in TTD :D it is more like earted egg / funny function atm, but I love that in old TTD. It is already implemented with few version for each part.. here are some generated faces in Mashinky Image

AI is not there yet, and I do not have this on my todo list very high, I would rather prepare good sandbox events /scripts and of course polished multiplayer instead.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

See that'd be a nice easter egg. Chrill should be a face in Mashinky :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

You know what? Send me you photo (info@mashinky.com) and I will paint you into the game :D and all of you who are interested ;) Only try to find photo which is similarly oriented as these generated examples without strong contrasts like half of face in the darkness etc... That will be fun to "virtualize" you guys :)
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Do I correctly spot Factorio devs with funky hairstyles there? :D

-Drury
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Actually no :) these are random faces from internet... Factorio devs are these two guys : Image
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Oh, I was reminded of those two from this photo.

I might be getting tragically myopic.

-Drury
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

:D don't worry..

But my offer lasts, if you want be one of combinable faces in mashinky, send me your photo to info@mashinky.com ;) I would rather insert someone I know than random faces.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I have contributed a beautiful photo of myself. Very beautiful.
My Scenarios:
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

:) perfect! Thanks Chrill! Will let you know once you are in game:)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

JanZeleny85 wrote:You know what? Send me you photo (info@mashinky.com) and I will paint you into the game :D and all of you who are interested ;) Only try to find photo which is similarly oriented as these generated examples without strong contrasts like half of face in the darkness etc... That will be fun to "virtualize" you guys :)
Heres a picture of myself, sorry the lighting sucks but my living room has crappy lighting.
Attachments
webcam-toy-photo1.jpg
webcam-toy-photo1.jpg (57.94 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Off-Topic”