Mashinky

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Mashinky

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Auge wrote:Hello
Is there any chance that the game additionally will be published on another channel than Steam?
Tschö, Auge
Hi Auge, I am afraid I use many Steam API features. I may eventualy replace these one day, but so far it is quite unlikely. Sorry to say.
Do you mean any specific platform and If I may ask for what reasons? It can help me to decide in the future:)

Thanks
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
JanZeleny85 wrote:
Auge wrote:Is there any chance that the game additionally will be published on another channel than Steam?
I am afraid I use many Steam API features. I may eventualy replace these one day, but so far it is quite unlikely. Sorry to say.
:-(

It's like it is.
JanZeleny85 wrote:Do you mean any specific platform and If I may ask for what reasons? It can help me to decide in the future:)
No, I have no specific platform in mind. I bought a few games on gog.com, but if you use specific code, that's tied to Steam, this is irrelevant. I asked, because I want to prevent to create an account on the next platform only to play one game.

Tschö, Auge
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Auge wrote:Hello
JanZeleny85 wrote:
Auge wrote:Is there any chance that the game additionally will be published on another channel than Steam?
I am afraid I use many Steam API features. I may eventualy replace these one day, but so far it is quite unlikely. Sorry to say.
:-(

It's like it is.
JanZeleny85 wrote:Do you mean any specific platform and If I may ask for what reasons? It can help me to decide in the future:)
No, I have no specific platform in mind. I bought a few games on gog.com, but if you use specific code, that's tied to Steam, this is irrelevant. I asked, because I want to prevent to create an account on the next platform only to play one game.

Tschö, Auge
aaa... I see, sorry for this :/ gog is very players friendly, but unfortunatelly quite creators unfriendly..
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

JanZeleny85 wrote:@lobster: Thanks a lot! I want to fix envetually most of things you mentioned, we are still in the very beginning of Mashinky development, I have tons of tasks in todo list to implement in upcomming 1/2 years.
Yeah that's what I thought, it's some very generic things that I mentioned which are almost certainly already on the list. I didn't include the signal-questions (the no-path-behaviour currently, PBS/reservations etc.) because it's far too early for this stuff too, and it's easy to point at things like that but they are usually already known and documented. Just looking forward to the updates rolling in over time now, really. Great work with those! :wink:
Dave wrote:God damn I love it when lobster shows up. I’ve had a pretty big hand in some of the English strings for this (my name is in the credits!) - I’m delighted to be part of something so awesome. Jan is THE man.
Hot dangit my favourite Dave is involved. As if this game couldn't get any more promising. :D
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
kurtica
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kurtica »

Damn, why I haven't found this game earlier? I was searching for years for some game that will make me happy like transport tycoon :)
I do not know how Mashinky came to me..some of my friends gave me a copy with "try this, I know you liked TT" and I forget about it for some time and then I played and hell yeah I played it for 5 hours straight and it is great!!! Yeah a lot work to do still but great...going to "buy" it on steam as well cause I definitelly want to support it (and that copy I had kind of crashed and no saves are now to be found so I have to start over :oops: )

So Jan...you are great, the game is great :) Really that kind of game I've been waiting for.

Do you have some kind of issue tracking/roadmapping/gitkindof project online where peops can add their suggestions or bugs they find or anything like that?
So far I do not have many, and most of them are surely known to you... the only thing that made my husband cry was the tutorial, cause he is not used to playing this kind of games and the tutorial was kind of vague (I have no idea what version we played, maybe its already better) so he was lost so many times.

Maybe if there is a way to help you with the developement, it would be interesting for people too...

Sooo....keep up good work and I am really looking forward to play more and for any future updates a new features and so :)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Speaking of keeping up the good work, I've played a lot recently again since the road vehicles update has been released. One thing this really helps with is getting the smaller towns growing so they're ready for train connections. The only issue so far is the behaviour with no turns enabled but that could be due to a pre-update savegame.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “Off-Topic”