Mashinky

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Mashinky

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Great :)

Thanks for comments. Sometimes you cannot see bug until you fix it :D
If there is anything already disrupting from those videos, please let me know! I have already integrated so many community opinions and have a great feeling about the progress in last 2 months. Yesterday (actually today 3AM) I've finished first 4 tutorials (I decided that it should not be separate map, but the tutorial / quest needs to be always properly prepared on any generated map and it seems to work great - until next playtest :D )
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

I hope there will be an option to skip the Tutorial, as I never have the patience for one of those :lol: I just prefer to go into the game and work it out myself!

I do like the idea of this game though, and will be enjoyable to see the further development of it!
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Pilot wrote:I hope there will be an option to skip the Tutorial, as I never have the patience for one of those :lol: I just prefer to go into the game and work it out myself!

Me too, and that is the reason (one of many, another one is that there will be many TTD players with huge skills in this type of game) why I integrated tutorials as just another quests, but these are available from the game start permanently. You may decide when and if you will do them, but there is reward at the end of each tutorial, so you may be forced to do tutorials after some time playing the map just to earn some more tokens or free engine, etc.. to avoid bankrupt for example :)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

These days I only do tutorials for games where I may not understand how it works. But for games from the same series with little change to the controls and mechanics, theres not much point. Usually all that awesome new stuff they put into a sequal isn't even pointed out in tutorials, you either figure it out on your own or the game points it out latter (You just picked up the "UBER CANNON!", if you press and hold the mouse button while crouching, you and unleash a devastating ground shaking blast!)

Though I do kinda like the idea of Tutorials with some reward, but for some games like the elderscrolls, I use the tutorials to try and work on my stats from the get go so I might get a level or two before i leave the tutorial dungeon.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

JanZeleny85 wrote:Great :)

Thanks for comments. Sometimes you cannot see bug until you fix it :D
If there is anything already disrupting from those videos, please let me know! I have already integrated so many community opinions and have a great feeling about the progress in last 2 months. Yesterday (actually today 3AM) I've finished first 4 tutorials (I decided that it should not be separate map, but the tutorial / quest needs to be always properly prepared on any generated map and it seems to work great - until next playtest :D )
Would be cool if you could eventually get around to making the UI large enough for the game to be playable from couch, at least as an option. I know it's probably not quite how you envisioned people playing the game, but I really like playing relaxing point'n'click games like this with a Steam controller.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

With 4K displays getting more common a well-scaling UI seems like a must anyway. Admittedly this is something not even big publishers always manage (for whichever reasons ^^).
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

The Dutch translation is done sofar, we have to see how well it holds up in the real context of the game.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jan your English has been pretty exemplary so far but happy to look over any text strings to ensure there's no rogue bits of reversed grammar and such. Let me know!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Hyronymus wrote:The Dutch translation is done sofar, we have to see how well it holds up in the real context of the game.
Amazing! Thanks a lot.. once there is a build to play, we will check this once more (and there will be also changes over time and new quests, but the core text database is done). I owe you ;)
Dave wrote:Jan your English has been pretty exemplary so far but happy to look over any text strings to ensure there's no rogue bits of reversed grammar and such. Let me know!
My English is at level 0.5 :D so thank you for checking this! I know there were many typos and issues. Will send you the build too to check it ingame ;)

Thank you guys, awesome cooperation :)
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Sending people builds? If you want to send one my way I can do some thorough testing. I do ASP.net development at work so I've got used to testing every single control to see if anything breaks or to test validation...
Last known as: Weirdy
Dave

Post by Dave »

JanZeleny85 wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:The Dutch translation is done sofar, we have to see how well it holds up in the real context of the game.
Amazing! Thanks a lot.. once there is a build to play, we will check this once more (and there will be also changes over time and new quests, but the core text database is done). I owe you ;)
Dave wrote:Jan your English has been pretty exemplary so far but happy to look over any text strings to ensure there's no rogue bits of reversed grammar and such. Let me know!
My English is at level 0.5 :D so thank you for checking this! I know there were many typos and issues. Will send you the build too to check it ingame ;)

Thank you guys, awesome cooperation :)
You're welcome! Just let me know!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Deonyi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deonyi »

What I would like to know is whether or not there will be single-sided platforms in Mashinky. In real life, as most people probably know, the 'double sided' platforms favoured by OpenTTD and the like are pretty rare. Having single sided platforms would be a nice thing, though obviously, it probably isn't very high in your priorities right now!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

As far as I can recall, Mashinky is designed to be modded. I am certain we will have island stations, single sided platforms and double platforms before long. Someone will create it even if Jan doesn't.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Dave wrote:You're welcome! Just let me know!
If you have some time, please head to https://poeditor.com/join/project/gayYYsstyo and check English version. It is sometimes little bit unclear without playing the game, but we will check this later once the development version of the game is downloadable from steam.

Thank you Dave!
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Deonyi wrote:What I would like to know is whether or not there will be single-sided platforms in Mashinky. In real life, as most people probably know, the 'double sided' platforms favoured by OpenTTD and the like are pretty rare. Having single sided platforms would be a nice thing, though obviously, it probably isn't very high in your priorities right now!
I had this some time ago :D.. should get it back as an option.
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Chrill wrote:As far as I can recall, Mashinky is designed to be modded. I am certain we will have island stations, single sided platforms and double platforms before long. Someone will create it even if Jan doesn't.
That's true and it is quite easy, you just need some time to create / modify model. There is already a mechanism to use model oriented to the left and model oriented to the right next to it and etc... so if switches sides every map tile so single perones would be together and than two tracks, and than two single perones next to each other... Hope you understand to my bad English :D I can draw a picture..
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

JanZeleny85 wrote:
Dave wrote:You're welcome! Just let me know!
If you have some time, please head to https://poeditor.com/join/project/gayYYsstyo and check English version. It is sometimes little bit unclear without playing the game, but we will check this later once the development version of the game is downloadable from steam.

Thank you Dave!
I've just had a look on that website, and there doesn't appear to be an English Version to check. Please see the attached Screenshot :) Maybe Dave is just so quick that he's managed to get this done already :lol:
Mashinky Languages.png
Mashinky Languages.png (67.65 KiB) Viewed 541 times
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Pilot wrote:I've just had a look on that website, and there doesn't appear to be an English Version to check. Please see the attached Screenshot :) Maybe Dave is just so quick that he's managed to get this done already :lol:
Mashinky Languages.png
This is kind of weird, but the English is 100% filled, so maybe it does not offer it any more.. I added you manually and Dave if you can send me you email, I will add you too ;)
Thank you guys!
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

I like the way how others treat Russia nowdays... Seems that sanctions applied here too. :lol:

Edit: seems same issue that Pilot had.
Last edited by Simozzz on 09 Jan 2017 20:39, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my bad English.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

JanZeleny85 wrote:
Chrill wrote:As far as I can recall, Mashinky is designed to be modded. I am certain we will have island stations, single sided platforms and double platforms before long. Someone will create it even if Jan doesn't.
That's true and it is quite easy, you just need some time to create / modify model. There is already a mechanism to use model oriented to the left and model oriented to the right next to it and etc... so if switches sides every map tile so single perones would be together and than two tracks, and than two single perones next to each other... Hope you understand to my bad English :D I can draw a picture..
Kinda like so?

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury

Return to “Off-Topic”