Mashinky

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Mashinky

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Hyronymus wrote:EDIT: I found it. No Dutch language supported yet?
I would love to add all possible languages, since the game will not have voiceover and it is only about plain words and some quest sentences. But to do this, I need volunteer native speakers :) If you want to help me, I would be more than happy I can add this language as well ;)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

JanZeleny85 wrote:
I would love to add all possible languages, since the game will not have voiceover and it is only about plain words and some quest sentences. But to do this, I need volunteer native speakers :) If you want to help me, I would be more than happy I can add this language as well ;)
Sadly I only speak Canadian English, and nothing else. I never paid attention in French class and got exempt from French class in Grade 9 (High school) which usually is mandatory in Ontario.

Also if your going to allow modding, I hope the game has a way to deal with mods that may not have support for a certain language, so maybe the game will fall back onto something like English as the default language for mods that don't provide a players language form the in game settings.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Dave

Post by Dave »

JanZeleny85 wrote:
You'll probably find the OpenTTD community helpful in this endeavour - I'm pretty certain the game has been translated into Klingon by now...
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

:D I am afraid Klingon is supported by steam yet :)) ... and yes, the game support mods for languages too. It is quite easy, you just copy english texts XML, change language hash (create your own), add name and flag and than translate all values inside and zip it within the same directory structure as original xml. I will prepare some wiki page with all tutorials for modding.
But what I want to say: Yes, there could be all possible missing languages added after release ;)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Dave wrote:You'll probably find the OpenTTD community helpful in this endeavour - I'm pretty certain the game has been translated into Klingon by now...
To be honest, I was disappointed to find Klingon unsupported for OpenTTD.

@JanZeleny85
No problem, I am a very native Dutch speaker and can comprehend the essence of what's written easily from English and a bit less easily from German.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Hyronymus wrote:@JanZeleny85
No problem, I am a very native Dutch speaker and can comprehend the essence of what's written easily from English and a bit less easily from German.
How can one be "very native"? :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Great! I will put you in the list and bother you once I have english version ready... Thanks a lot man! ;)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Chrill wrote:
How can one be "very native"? :P
I don't know myself :mrgreen: .
S-Transport
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by S-Transport »

Maybe I could help with a German translation.
Greetings, S-Transport
My pictures
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

JanZeleny85 wrote:
I can help with Russian, if I'll have free time next year. Just say how to do that.

Also I wonder, will be rolling stock based on real ones from some countries or it is generic? And what will be needed to add new locomotives?
Sorry for my bad English.
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Awesome! Thank you guys, I will add both of you to the list...

About rolling stock localization, first I need to fill the game with "some content", but once I have basic set, I will differentiate it based on countries (Germany, USA, GB trains, etc). It is also very easi to add new train. It is the same approach as for all other extentions: Create model and textures, add them to correct folders and pack whole folder structure to zip file -> this file is downloadable mod. Game reads all these mods at startup and merge them runtime to one unique game content.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I can help with cat-speak :3 meow
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

JanZeleny85 wrote:Awesome! Thank you guys, I will add both of you to the list...

About rolling stock localization, first I need to fill the game with "some content", but once I have basic set, I will differentiate it based on countries (Germany, USA, GB trains, etc). It is also very easi to add new train. It is the same approach as for all other extentions: Create model and textures, add them to correct folders and pack whole folder structure to zip file -> this file is downloadable mod. Game reads all these mods at startup and merge them runtime to one unique game content.
And which skills are required to create content? 2D editing, LUA scripting, XML writing?
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

It depends on what you would like to extend. In most of cases you need to at least edit xml files. These are hopefully intuitive, but still I have no tools for this yet. Than you can add sound, music, 2D / 3D assets or just modify game rules or write your own lua script. You can aslo define new ladnscape type with setup for landscape generator and new set od 2d textures (rock, grass, ...). Possibities are endless.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

JanZeleny85 wrote:
Baldy's Boss wrote:Does Mashinky have any particular protocol regarding company headquarters and their relationship to the size of the company and its trends of growth or decline?
(Would be nice to see both equipment and buildings age over the years at a rate affected by one's decisions regarding maintenance).
I did some tests with headquarters and it is on my todo list to finish :) it reacts on company size. About maintainance, I only started this with solution for the shader to show progressivelly rust on all vehicles, but this is something I have to properly design (from gameplay point of view). But yes, it would be nice to have it :)
While it makes sense that the headquarters grows with the company,if the company falls on hard times it's more realistic for the building to look dilapidated than to magically shrink.

Anyway,looks like Mashinky will not be in a *nix port?

With regard to rolling stock,shouldn't there be a means,with the token system,to set specifics for your own enhancements rather than relying on historically fixed options?
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Baldy's Boss wrote: While it makes sense that the headquarters grows with the company,if the company falls on hard times it's more realistic for the building to look dilapidated than to magically shrink.

Anyway,looks like Mashinky will not be in a *nix port?

With regard to rolling stock,shouldn't there be a means,with the token system,to set specifics for your own enhancements rather than relying on historically fixed options?
You are right, but this depends on making tech for buildings to look dilapidated.. I will think about it :)
Mashinky will not be available for linux / unix / mac from the very beginning, but if it goes well I succeed with this game, I would like to extend it to another platforms as well.
This game will not be always historical correct, I would like to create rather addictive board game than boring hyper realistic simulator. I am trying to be as much historical correct as it wouldn't harm the gameplay.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Historically,large railroads were able to have design specs for the manufacturers,I think that if you save up tokens you should be able to influence what you get,or how long it is supported.
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

@Baldy's Boss - It makes sense, I will see once polishing the first era of the game and will try to find even more things to spent tokens for. customisation would be nice since it does not disballance the rest.

Btw I've fixed bridge sloping :)

http://www.mashinky.com/media/bridge_sloping.gif
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Smooth! Looks much better now. And actually the one thing in the trailer I was kinda discontent with (well, faintly so, I'm used to those sort of slopes from OTTD after all ^^).
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

I thought it was hilarious and neat, adding to the toy train atmosphere with the crazy tight curves and all, but I don't mind either way

That's still a sufficiently steep slope to look absolutely ridiculous so I'm fine with it :wink:

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury

Return to “Off-Topic”