Mashinky

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Mashinky

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Hello guys! It took me ages, but finally:

New status report of Mashinky development is here!

Mashinky's got some new 3D assets, for example very first diesel locomotive (Br class 3)! I've also moved most of map generating algorithms from CPU to the GPU, so Start new game it is more than 10 times faster!

UI has been improved a lot. Now all quests are visible on the left side of the screen and on the right side, there are game messages (like that storage is full, train has no orders or trains crashed into each other).

The biggest change from my perspective is adding new game option cathegory "Hardcore" where you could find very challenging game options. The very first switch cause train to not magically turn around, but it starts to go on reverse instead (with some speed limitations) and you have to solve it somehow (with better track / routelist design, secondary locomotive on the train tail, etc).

..and last but not least: Mashinky won "Best gameplay" and "Peoples choice" awards in Game Access '17 conference! And thanks to this, I shaked hands with Chris Avellone!

Jan

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Nice going man, Chris is a legend.

Love the progress.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Thanks Drury! I was so nervouse I did not enjoy the moment, but I am glad I have the video of it :)

Regarding the progess, I am waiting on trailer to be finished and meantime improving some aspects of the game and bug fixing. It is better every day ;) but I would rather have it out and released already :))
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Can't wait for the Early Acces on Steam. If you still need help on translations just shout out!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

JanZeleny85 wrote:Thanks Drury! I was so nervouse I did not enjoy the moment, but I am glad I have the video of it :)

Regarding the progess, I am waiting on trailer to be finished and meantime improving some aspects of the game and bug fixing. It is better every day ;) but I would rather have it out and released already :))
I too would like to have it out already so I can play around with what you've already done. I imagine that it didn't win an award for nothing :)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

One thing I'd like to see...connection of electrical power infrastructure to electrified rail infrastructure.If you want substations and catenary/third rail along your tracks,they need to be connected to high voltage lines from the powerplants your trains supply with fuel.
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Baldy's Boss wrote:One thing I'd like to see...connection of electrical power infrastructure to electrified rail infrastructure.If you want substations and catenary/third rail along your tracks,they need to be connected to high voltage lines from the powerplants your trains supply with fuel.
Thats nice idea! First, I can imagine some station upgrade building with high voltage changers, as a second level, I've experimented with electric wires some time ago (it acts like planting trees, it just add animated wire between two which are close enought). If finished and transformed to feature, this could be (at least as some scrited quest) way how to connect for example specific depot / station with electric plant... Right now, it is low priority, but I will keep the idea for the future. Thanks ;)
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Simutrans have electricity grids between industries. I'm not sure if supplying electricity to rails is somewhat too much micro-management (why not fuels/"goods" to rail depot as well or electricity to cities and industries instead ?), but regarding how they're implemented what I've seen is something akin like bridges in OpenTTD where one tile can be replaced visually. Areas around high-voltage AC transmission IRL are usually cleared of trees etc. anyway.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I prefer the idea that you can play without generating you own power or setting up a grid but connecting things with your own electrical grid would have some benifits.

Towns might grow faster
Industry might produce a little more and faster
And electric trains would be cheaper to run since you'd be generating your own power and only paying for upkeep

Also, it would be nice if depots could also take in cargo and make building trains and wagons there cheaper. Perhaps also having your own fuel supply chain would also helpt o lower the costs of running steam and diesel.

If the depots can't be made to accept cargo, perhaps a "Locomotive Plant" industry could be built and supplying it with goods will give that company lower prices
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
pavel1269
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by pavel1269 »

Looks good and nice progress.
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Hello respected community!

Finally, I have a release date ;)

6th of October 2017, 7AM PDT (4PM CET)
Price will be 22.99€ / $24,99

Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Congrats on getting the game to this stage Jan! Will certainly have to buy it (if my computer can handle it :lol: ).

Would you happen to have the price in GBP?
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Hi,
thanks! Yes, the price in GBP will be (according to steam recommendations) £18.99 ;)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

If I'm lucky and I still have a place to live and I don't blow my next check on booze and cigrettes I could probably buy a copy of Mashinky to help fund further development :)
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Cool, actually managed to build a new PC in the meantime so this should be a smooth ride.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

:D thank you guys... I still have some pictures (faces) to paint into the game, but aside of this (and missing trailer, some localizations, fixed few bugs, etc etc etc) it seems to be ready :D
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

JanZeleny85 wrote: it seems to be ready :D
After working in software development field for a decade I can tell you one thing - software is never "ready" ;)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

uzurpator wrote:
After working in software development field for a decade I can tell you one thing - software is never "ready" ;)
Doing the code for mods and GRF's I can say, nothing ever feels finished, just more polished :)
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

NekoMaster wrote:
uzurpator wrote:
Doing the code for mods and GRF's I can say, nothing ever feels finished, just more polished :)
As a person with ED, I can relate.

-Drury
JanZeleny85
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JanZeleny85 »

Drury wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
uzurpator wrote:
As a person with ED, I can relate.
I said "ready" not "finished" :D I agree with all your comments, and feel it the same way. I was mentioning it becasue I think that is it ready for EA release once you can play that part of the game without experiencing major issues, without missing content and you can fully enjoy the game. It is kind of so called "Vertical slice". I have such a long TODO list that it will maybe never be completelly finished, but it is soo much more polished that few months ago... and I am quite confident people with enjoy it.

Return to “Off-Topic”