2016 TT-Forums Meet [THIS WEEK - please sign up!]

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 2016 TT-Forums Meet [THIS WEEK - please sign up!]

Post by 61653 »

Pilot wrote:I should have been Airborne on the way home about 25 minutes ago, will be waiting at least another 25 minutes now.
At least I'm not the only one being delayed then! On the last leg of my journey- this bus clearly isn't designed for a largely rural route, and it's making me seasick!
I was social distancing before it was cool 8)
Formerly known as 47434
Last train journey I could be bothered to look up the headcode for: 04/02/2016, Mirfield to Batley, 2J34 1459 Huddersfield to Leeds, Northern Rail 144015
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

My train home yesterday was delayed by about 40 minutes too, due to a failed train in the Dronfield area. Was on the train for about 4 hours 10 in total. Surprisingly I didn't get uncomfy, the EMT unit was, whilst not as refurbed as other operators, surprisingly comfy.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Just landed about 80 minutes late at Manchester, nice turbulent approach too!
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

In contrast to seemingly everyone else, my train journey home today was on time and it all went fine.
We didn't even need all the padding in the timetable, so the train arrived at the first stop, Colchester, 7 minutes early.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Dave wrote:Gents, unfortunately I won't be able to arrange anything for today, but please feel free if you want to yourselves - my apologies.

Thanks for coming yesterday - I had an excellent time. Many thanks to 61653 for the hastily thought up "Southwark to Covent Garden Top Gear challenge" which Andel won through a combination of fast driving and luck finding a parking space. The other three teams arrived at very similar times! A video will surely follow...

Let's do it all again soon.
I have some footage but not a lot. I won... and what you don't know is where I parked, the parking was suspended (which I didn't see). £65 fine. Donations appreciated folks.

Also, I didn't break the limits either. I just know London like the back of my hand.

it was a nice, if not short meet - glad everyone enjoyed it. I was back in Chelmsford in about an hour, which was good going.
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

andel wrote:I have some footage but not a lot. I won... and what you don't know is where I parked, the parking was suspended (which I didn't see). £65 fine. Donations appreciated folks.
Well thats a bouquet of oopsy-daisies! Takes away from the victory somewhat ;)
The walking team didn't get much footage either, being fair :p
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Shame to hear that Andel, still, I said you cheated somehow, so I guess that's it ;)

So I'm now sat on a 323 that sounds like it's running a flat on an all-stops to Piccadilly.

EDIT: As of 2250, I am finally at home :)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Heading home tomorrow. I have some funds remaining on my oyster, but I don't think it's sufficient to take me to Gatwick. What do I do upon getting to the airport?

Can I tap out at Gatwick and end up with a negative balance, or can I pay the missing amount on the spot? Can I perhaps exit without tapping at all?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I think you have to have the amount on the card before you tap out.
Top it up with the bare minimum you need if it's low. Least it'll get you there without having to worry then :)
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

Chrill wrote:Heading home tomorrow. I have some funds remaining on my oyster, but I don't think it's sufficient to take me to Gatwick. What do I do upon getting to the airport?

Can I tap out at Gatwick and end up with a negative balance, or can I pay the missing amount on the spot? Can I perhaps exit without tapping at all?
You can get a refund on it... but only in London I think...
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Yeah we had them refunded at St Pancras. Currently sat at Gatwick with a 40 minute delay. Still two hours to go before we take off so that could increase over time.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I have an unfinished journey on my oyster, from St Pancras. Forgot to tap out at Blackfriars, gates were open anyway.
Doh.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Oh christ! I don't remember you tapping out at all now that you mention it.
Damn, now I feel bad for not reminding you!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Geo Ghost wrote:Oh christ! I don't remember you tapping out at all now that you mention it.
I didn't tap out at all. My only taps were at STP (enter), and then Holborn numerous hours later ended at STP for the route home.
You may recall the gates being open at Blackfriars when open we got there, so we all sauntered through. Unless you + Jamie remembered to tap inconspicuously as i didn't note either of you doing so.

I'm not used to gates being open = still need to do something. Up 'ere if the gates are open, you just go "woo!" and go through :p

It does give me the option to request a refund, but it wants me to state a station that'll trigger the refund. I'm assuming the refund (if accepted) is only available for a limited period, so next time I'm in London, that'll have expired anyway. Ah well, not to worry. It isn't a large excess. I did wonder why the tap at STP only stated £2.40 left on the card though, starting with £10 at the beginning. Now I know!
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Redirect Left wrote:You may recall the gates being open at Blackfriars when open we got there, so we all sauntered through. Unless you + Jamie remembered to tap inconspicuously as i didn't note either of you doing so.!
I had my staff pass :P No tapping required!

I think Jamie has one for the Thameslink Core.. Not totally sure.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Redirect Left wrote:
Geo Ghost wrote:Oh christ! I don't remember you tapping out at all now that you mention it.
I didn't tap out at all. My only taps were at STP (enter), and then Holborn numerous hours later ended at STP for the route home.
You may recall the gates being open at Blackfriars when open we got there, so we all sauntered through. Unless you + Jamie remembered to tap inconspicuously as i didn't note either of you doing so.

I'm not used to gates being open = still need to do something. Up 'ere if the gates are open, you just go "woo!" and go through :p

It does give me the option to request a refund, but it wants me to state a station that'll trigger the refund. I'm assuming the refund (if accepted) is only available for a limited period, so next time I'm in London, that'll have expired anyway. Ah well, not to worry. It isn't a large excess. I did wonder why the tap at STP only stated £2.40 left on the card though, starting with £10 at the beginning. Now I know!
Hm, that's bad luck. Must say, I was the only one that touched out of about 40 people when I got off at Blackfriars. I got some funny looks but guess most people had a ticket.

Oyster funds don't expire I don't think, so it's worth doing. Sometimes it'll auto complete your journey but the two you took were too far apart time wise (and distance, presumably).
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Geo Ghost wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:You may recall the gates being open at Blackfriars when open we got there, so we all sauntered through. Unless you + Jamie remembered to tap inconspicuously as i didn't note either of you doing so.!
I had my staff pass :P No tapping required!

I think Jamie has one for the Thameslink Core.. Not totally sure.
My (paper) season ticket covers me to Blackfriars, so I generally just walk through since I have a valid ticket.

Travelcards loaded onto Oyster technically don't need to be touched in/out oddly enough. I believe because you can combine them with a 'Boundary Zone X to Out-Boundary Station Y' ticket without having to leave the station touch in, and re-enter on a paper ticket.

---

Also, who should I send video footage of cycling to?
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nawdic »

I had an issue with my paaper ticket going through the barriers at Waterloo, assuming that the cause was I hadn't stuck the ticket through the barrier at Blackfriars.
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 61653 »

Redirect Left wrote:

I always tap out at Huddersfield and Bradford if the gates are open, so that my journey is recorded in the statistics- of course as there are no barriers at Batley or Denby Dale there's a limit to how useful that information will be!
I was social distancing before it was cool 8)
Formerly known as 47434
Last train journey I could be bothered to look up the headcode for: 04/02/2016, Mirfield to Batley, 2J34 1459 Huddersfield to Leeds, Northern Rail 144015
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

61653 wrote: I always tap out at Huddersfield and Bradford if the gates are open, so that my journey is recorded in the statistics- of course as there are no barriers at Batley or Denby Dale there's a limit to how useful that information will be!
Is that using an M-card? I always use paper ticketing, I assume the statistics are recorded at the point the ticket is purchased, as opposed to it being used.

Return to “Off-Topic”