GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN...

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS QUEEN...

Post by Translink »

SquireJames wrote:1st (Royal) Dragoons I believe it was. Their Colonel-in-Chief was Kaiser Wilhelm II
Well I suppose that by the end of the war every single corps was at war with him...
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

Now that Brexit is going to happen and the threat of UK falling apart imminent, I wonder whether HM The Queen's longevity is still a blessing or not.

At least to me, Her Majesty doesn't deserve any of the upcoming unrest (hope it won't happen).
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

Maybe this will be the opportunity for her to take back over the US when we collapse after the November presidential election :shock:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Frankly the Crown couldn't afford us and doesn't have the manpower to sink us.
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

kamnet wrote:Frankly the Crown couldn't afford us and doesn't have the manpower to sink us.
I somewhat think oftcrash was suggesting a peaceful and voluntary takeover, with the identity of USA more or less the same as Canada. In other words, the independence of the United States is not to be compromised, only to make the US President bestow the identity of head of state to the British Sovereign.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

siu238X wrote:
kamnet wrote:Frankly the Crown couldn't afford us and doesn't have the manpower to sink us.
I somewhat think oftcrash was suggesting a peaceful and voluntary takeover, with the identity of USA more or less the same as Canada. In other words, the independence of the United States is not to be compromised, only to make the US President bestow the identity of head of state to the British Sovereign.
To paraphrase an archetypical John Wayne character, "Not hardly, pilgrim!"
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

siu238X wrote:
Just being facetious. The current US election, more than any other in recent US history, is incredibly polarized with large tracts of the electorate on both sides looking to outsiders. The amount of doom and gloom if <insert candidate here> wins has gotten to hysterical (not in a funny way) levels. Jokes about this being the "last US presidential election" are just that, jokes, but with an undercurrent of fear. I was thinking back to those memes about the Queen telling the US that enough is enough and she was rescinding our independence.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

oftcrash wrote:
siu238X wrote:
Just being facetious. The current US election, more than any other in recent US history, is incredibly polarized with large tracts of the electorate on both sides looking to outsiders. The amount of doom and gloom if <insert candidate here> wins has gotten to hysterical (not in a funny way) levels. Jokes about this being the "last US presidential election" are just that, jokes, but with an undercurrent of fear. I was thinking back to those memes about the Queen telling the US that enough is enough and she was rescinding our independence.
Such an event would likely unite the country very quickly. Definitely put an end to the entire 2nd Amendment debate. 1776 revivalist parties everywhere. A new release of Red Dawn with the enemy now being british, or screenings for V for Vendetta.

Should that happen, though, I'm probably checking off of the Internet for awhile. At least mainstream sites. The rhetoric would drive me mad.
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

kamnet wrote:Such an event would likely unite the country very quickly. Definitely put an end to the entire 2nd Amendment debate. 1776 revivalist parties everywhere. A new release of Red Dawn with the enemy now being british, or screenings for V for Vendetta.

Should that happen, though, I'm probably checking off of the Internet for awhile. At least mainstream sites. The rhetoric would drive me mad.
Aren't Brits already the bad guys in most American movies? :)

Also, a GOOD remake of Red Dawn would be fun - that last one with Thor was ridiculous. The Australian version, Tomorrow when the War Began, wasn't horrible, but it was no Red Dawn.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

oftcrash wrote:The Australian version, Tomorrow when the War Began, wasn't horrible, but it was no Red Dawn.
Tomorrow when the War Began is based on a book called Tomorrow when the War Began. It's no Red Dawn because it's a Tomorrow when the War Began.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

oftcrash wrote:
siu238X wrote:

As far as I concern, such a set up was only demonstrated (again as a joke) in "The Snuke" of South Park. "Coincidentally" the presidential candidate involved in that plot was Hillary Clinton.

I don't think either the British Government or the Sovereign would have the slightest interest to intervene in US politics, so the only possibility for that to happen would be from voluntary will of US citizens.

Return to “Off-Topic”