Transport Fever

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Re: Transport Fever

Post by uzurpator »

This game really gets no love over here. Yet it is the closest TTD-like game out there. It's weird.
Attachments
20181206183536_1.jpg
(659.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20181130010315_1.jpg
(719.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20181222000448_1.jpg
(1.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by uzurpator on 27 Dec 2018 09:45, edited 1 time in total.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

And I've been developing a railroad oriented mod that polishes the game even further. And since it comes from a TTD veteran. You know its good.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1568246620
Attachments
20181029202557_1.jpg
(1.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20181203231348_1.jpg
(649.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20181208010352_1.jpg
(851.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

At least for me it never ran well at all on what is a fairly average PC, it was extremely poorly optimised and ridden with bugs at launch.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

The performance is much better now. Urban Games released a performance patch some time in june or thereabouts. Couple that with a host of QoL changes - its a pretty good game now.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I'm playing it often enough; I just don't talk about it much here.

OTTD is still kinda more convenient. More quick to turn on and less complicated to landscape and so on. But yeah, TF is great nonetheless.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I agree that Transport Fever has become much better than it was at the beginning after the release. The results of the improvements are very encouraging. But the good and old OpenTTD is still better in my opinion. That's why I'm playing it :wink: . But I like to watch others play in Transport Fever :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

This just in: Transport Fever 2 has been announced.

Looks pretty promising and since I've been putting a lot of hours into TF recently very welcome, too.

"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Nice news. :)
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Transport Fever is a little bit nice.
But it ain't Transport Tycoon Deluxe. The recent version of OTTD has a lot to offer, but I think it's something in the gameplay of TTD wich is attractive. Transport Fever hasn't got that.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

rbos86 wrote:Transport Fever is a little bit nice.
But it ain't Transport Tycoon Deluxe. The recent version of OTTD has a lot to offer, but I think it's something in the gameplay of TTD wich is attractive. Transport Fever hasn't got that.
It's kind of a different beast, in a way. I'm curious to know what you make of Mashinky, for instance. It's much closer to the TTD-style gameplay, so to say.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Recently jumped back into playing the game. Purely because I discovered there's more UK rolling stock mods! :mrgreen:
Attachments
20190607153618_1.jpg
New EMU depot built for my 377 fleet. Start of service as the units roll out to the Ground Position Lights.
(311.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
377 awaiting at the GPL outlet signal for platform availability. I do wish a 'route' could be set to use multiple platforms.
377 awaiting at the GPL outlet signal for platform availability. I do wish a 'route' could be set to use multiple platforms.
20190607153649_1.jpg (302.96 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
20190607153827_1.jpg
377 departs, passing the EMUD.
(392.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190607154022_1.jpg
Further up the line, a 377 joins the inner-city line between 313s
(374.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190607154659_1.jpg
Turn-back sidings. Originally a bit of an experiment to see if it was quicker to have trains terminate at a station, run to a turnback, then head back out. Worked fine with just 313s on one route, but with the addition of a 377 route.. it's got a little bit tight! However it does help keeping the trains spaced out.
(416.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Those are some sexy screenshots, they have some great British trains in the Workshop actually.

Also already two of the TSPF2 (TF2 is permanently taken tbh) development updates were released, both equally exciting for me:

Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

lobster wrote: 12 Jun 2019 18:21 Those are some sexy screenshots, they have some great British trains in the Workshop actually.

Also already two of the TSPF2 (TF2 is permanently taken tbh) development updates were released, both equally exciting for me:
The new map generation looks far better. Hope we could have larger maps too with greater customisation.
Also the modular stations idea looks much much better than how stations are built now. Hope to see lots of improvements to come like improved junction building.

Few more screenshots from yours truly.
Attachments
20190612014546_1.jpg
South-end approach to the capital. One of two mainlines approaching from the south which head into the main central station, the continue north. Each mainline consists of a couple of fast lines, and a couple of slow lines.
(312.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190612014830_1.jpg
Central station in the capital where all the mainlines meet. Each mainline runs its own stock for some variation and also to help tell the routes apart.
(650.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190612014951_1.jpg
North-end approach. Mainlines split, as well as one of the slow lines which goes on to serve another couple of towns. A 313 also rolls along the high-rise line which snakes through and around the city.
(675.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190612015225_1.jpg
Further down the line at another city. Another high-rise line with a 313 taking the branch to the airport. This part of the line is shared with the 377 fleet.
(416.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190612015338_1.jpg
A 313 snakes up the gradient to the airport as a 377 begins its decent to the capital. An SAS jet prepares for take-off behind.
(420.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

And a few more..
Attachments
20190612015516_1.jpg
Further up the line again. a TGV remains on the fast through the station. So far, fast services do not serve the station and instead roll straight through.
(442.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190612015630_1.jpg
Central tram station in the capital. About 6 tram routes run through this area to serve the city and the central station.
(472.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190612015806_1.jpg
An ICE on one of the mainlines heads over a very complex set of bridges and freight lines. Just out of shot, all these freight lines twist, turn, and converge together to avoid complex and busy slow-speed junctions blocking lines.
(576.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190612020126_1.jpg
One of the busy freight junctions further down the line. Serves approximately 14 different lines. Fortunately it never gets too busy!
(746.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20190612020335_1.jpg
A rather weird but functional junction further along the main freight line. Along this bit of line, trains coming from the nearby sawmill can join the mainline heading in either direction, and also trains can turn-back reasonably easily without the need for a reverse siding.
(455.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

lobster wrote: 12 Jun 2019 18:21Also already two of the TSPF2 (TF2 is permanently taken tbh) development updates were released, both equally exciting for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ-j30eACeY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8EqRG8HIYI
The modular station implementation seems just plain brilliant. It's incredibly rare to see that sort of thing with anything fully 3D.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Some new vids. Vehicles:
https://youtu.be/bTVlem5cDEw

And of course the release date:
https://youtu.be/HHji2C9thqw
11th of December. Not even a month left!

Overall it seems like Transport Fever ... just better. Of course whether all promises are kept we can't say yet, but I feel good about this.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Hope that a number of the rather annoying bugs and things are sorted.
The two things I really would like to see is a far improved turnout and point-work constructor which allows for far more complex designs (or actually, anything more than 'basic' at the moment). Would be so stressful trying to build a set of points and always getting error messages back not letting me build any combination.
And also to ability to allocate platforms for stations better. Not having one set platform, but instead having the ability to pick a multiple platforms from a list. Or even a "use any available" option. Would be so very handy on routes with many trains running or such places.

Hope we get some more UK rolling stock too! :P
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Well the pre-order for Transport Fever 2 started this friday. Against my Biscuit-based policies I've actually immediately bought it, since this is both a studio and a game I'd love to support.

Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

It's quite cheap if you already own TF, so, yeah. Same for me. Well, I haven't actually yet, but I will one day soon :mrgreen:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Modular stations has to be the best feature of this thing by a long way.

Return to “Off-Topic”