Transport Fever

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Transport Fever

Post by lobster »

From the FB page of Train Fever's creator, Urban Games:
We are incredibly happy to finally announce our newest development: Transport Fever is a next generation transport simulation game coming to PC this fall. Transport Fever is a successor to Train Fever and brings many new features, including aircrafts, ships, two historical campaigns, heavily improved construction tools and much more.

Please find the complete announcement and the official trailer at the new website: http://www.transportfever.com
We hope that you like our newest development and look forward to your feedback.
Looks like they went sort of the Railroad -> Transport Tycoon road with this. Looking sharp in the screenshots so far, let's hope they iron out the bugs from Train Fever - of which there are quite a few, still. But I, for one, am quite excited about this.

Thought on this?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Chrill

Re: Transport Fever

Post by Chrill »

I never could start playing Train Fever. At launch, it was so buggy and performed very badly on my computer. Now I admit I don't operate €2000 computer, but it should definitely be able to play Train Fever... Here's hoping Transport Fever can improve on that.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Well so far it looks a bit heavier compared to TF. I must say that by now they've ironed out quite a few bugs and performance is a lot better and all that, but it doesn't run too smoothly on my laptop still.

Luckily I am in the process of buying a new desktop PC, so that can probably run this pretty nicely when it comes out.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I really wanted to like Train Fever, but the clumsy and fickle track laying and landscaping tools made it very frustrating. Upgrading your vehicles was a chore too.

I really hope they'll fix my gripes with Train Fever this time around. I'm sure that their experience with Train Fever will help them develop Transport Fever, but I'll hold off buying until it gets enough positive reviews this time.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I mean what's going on here. lobster and Arathorn posting. Is this the past?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Blink and you'll miss me. :wink:
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

I too will hop in out of nowhere and state that I am indeed looking forward to this game.
Train Fever is at a turning point where it can become a really good game but it just isn't there yet.
This thing seems like it'll push the game over that hill and it has some real potential to be the 3D TTD that I've been waiting for.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I hope this has better hardware support than Train Fever!

They should really concentrate on the building and vehicle maintenance tools - this could be the "Cities Skylines" of transport games if so.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Chrill wrote:I mean what's going on here. lobster and Arathorn posting. Is this the past?
I'm always lurking, from the shadows. Much stealth such secret etc. :P
Born Acorn wrote:They should really concentrate on the building and vehicle maintenance tools - this could be the "Cities Skylines" of transport games if so.
Well at the very least it should, if popular, spawn a game like C:S. If Transport Fever is the Sim City, there's bound to be a Skylines coming up.

Dave

Post by Dave »

This is my favourite thread of 2016.

Some absolute HEROES in this.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Dave wrote:This is my favourite thread of 2016.

Some absolute HEROES in this.
And then there's you :lol:

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Transport Fever vid showing some gameplay and mechanics.

It looks certainly interesting, not as complex as OTTD/TTDP but it seems basic expected functions are there
I hope map size isn't too small, it's coming out next month apparently
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Seems a bit fiddly getting things done from the video, think i've been ruined by OTTDs simple click and its done stuff. Seems to be a little more fiddly than that, not sure i'd be able to get into it from that.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I played train fever which wasn't too bad. Though a bit buggy and fiddly with some things.

However, it looks like they've made it a lot easier! Though I hope there is a function to 'drag and place' signals. Doing them one by one just took such a ridiculously long time.
Should be interesting to see what kind of mods are put together for the game.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I actually can't wait for it to come out, I've even stepped up my job searching in hopes I get a job in time to get the game in november (or as soon as possible)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Looking good, more so with the new rail junction possibilities ! But I hope they can fix the performance issue. Tried run TF, it crashes every time I zoom in on the town, unless the game has already run for a few hours ! (then it's a trial and error, luck counts)

Also, weirdly in TF most of the industries produces nothing, so I hope they can fix that as well...
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

YNM wrote:Looking good, more so with the new rail junction possibilities ! But I hope they can fix the performance issue. Tried run TF, it crashes every time I zoom in on the town, unless the game has already run for a few hours ! (then it's a trial and error, luck counts)

Also, weirdly in TF most of the industries produces nothing, so I hope they can fix that as well...
By TF you mean Transport Fever? I guess you got to play the Beta?
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

NekoMaster wrote:
YNM wrote:Looking good, more so with the new rail junction possibilities ! But I hope they can fix the performance issue. Tried run TF, it crashes every time I zoom in on the town, unless the game has already run for a few hours ! (then it's a trial and error, luck counts)

I imagine that he means it's predecessor, Train Fever.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Pilot wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:

I imagine that he means it's predecessor, Train Fever.
If they ment train fever, I've never had any issues other then a couple of poorly made mods that stopped the game from running properly. I hear a lot of people complaining about performance issues and I didn't notice much slow downs my self even on a large map with many mods. Its like some people are trying to play Train Fever on a Dorito for a CPU/GPU
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

To be clear, I do mean Train Fever.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “Off-Topic”