Transport Fever

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Re: Transport Fever

Post by uzurpator »

I have 140 hours clocked on Train Fever, and in the recent version it is actually quite playable. Certainly more then it was on release.

I have already pre-ordered Transport Fever, so we'll see how much they fixed.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Geo Ghost wrote:I played train fever which wasn't too bad. Though a bit buggy and fiddly with some things.

However, it looks like they've made it a lot easier! Though I hope there is a function to 'drag and place' signals. Doing them one by one just took such a ridiculously long time.
Should be interesting to see what kind of mods are put together for the game.
Train Fever isn't too bad, but those fiddly things made me stop (routes that suddenly recalculated themselves to being single track, building double tracks and then missing just one tiny bit, lack of vehicle management tools). I hope they improved that in Transport Fever.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

I too hope they fixed vehicle and route management or improved on it, honestly I'd prefer something more like OpenTTD for route and vehicle management for each vehicle type. Either that or it would be nice if they allowed for more powerful modding by allowing people to modify the game it self (like scripting in new features/windows)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote:Is the terrain always flat?
Is the terrain always flat in what? If it looks flat in videos for Transport Fever thats probably because the dev's just want an easy game to play and test things to show off, rathr then deal with mountains and hills.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

I got it preordered as well. Really excited by the latest videos - Train Fever is actually great fun to play nowadays but the problem is really that freight isn't working. They seem to have solved this brilliantly.

Only two weeks now.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Preview videos look really good, and they seem to have addressed all my major concerns about Train Fever (which were quite a few), and added some nice stuff on top that I didn't expect. This could be a very, very good, unless something really weird happens. But for once I'm positively inclined =)
PhiliThunder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PhiliThunder »

Should I pre-order this game or wait to be sure? I feel like this can be a great game, by the Gameplay videos It looks like it is a little simpler than OTTD or CSL. and It kind of seems like the map is small sometimes. Should I go for the 10% off or wait?
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I'm not sure I'd call it less complex than OTTD. Some mechanics are different - you create lines, and add vehicles to lines, instead of creating a schedule for each vehicle - but the general mechanics are very similar. Oh, sure, there's lots of differences on closer look, but, hrrm, generally OTTD gameplay approach also works for general Transport Fever approach. Some things might be considered less complex (signals? No town ratings?), others perhaps a bit more complex (individual passengers with destinations and preferences? Competing private travel?), but nothing that's completely world changing.

The main difference, to me, is probably the optical one. Decent 3D vs nice 2D. I like both, and it's nice to have variation ;)

C:SL I don't think is comparable.

As for preordering; I'm sure it'll be worth the money. For people who own Tran Fever there might be a discount at some point. Personally, I never preorder anything - but that's just my policy ^^
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Pyoro wrote:Personally, I never preorder anything - but that's just my policy ^^
This is something I agree on, and if I can avoid it I'll never pre-order. The last thing I actually pre-ordered was Zelda Skyward Sword and that was a debacle. But with a game like this I'm fine with pre-ordering, if only because it'll boost the company making them. You can say about Urban Games what you will, but they're the only company building actual transport games at this moment. I feel that's worth supporting them if anything.

Of course, that's just subjective, and in general pre-ordering's just bad - one should listen to TB on this really . But the in total 25% off (if you also have Train Fever already you get the additional 15%) isn't a bad deal anyway.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

PhiliThunder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PhiliThunder »

I think i will then. And i also think any developer who tries to do this genre with some respect should get some support ;)
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

This game got me wet with excitement.

I'm going to wait until it's released though before I part my pennies and buy the game, as it may well be a disaster

Squirrel did a fantastic Gameplay video on this, even mentioning OpenTTD in his introduction:

There's a part 2 as well, Going to watch that now :D
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
PhiliThunder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PhiliThunder »

An important question for me is: Will there be an AI system or multiplayer? Do any of you know anything about that?
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Yes. There's neither. The campaign has some pre-defined vehicles and such but no true AI competition.

Lots of Let's Plays out by now. Peeked into a few but generally not my thing to watch ^^; Still, seems worth the wait.
PhiliThunder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PhiliThunder »

This really gets me excited, but i really would like to see an AI system or multiplayer coming later.

PhiliThunder
Engineer
Engineer

Post by PhiliThunder »

Sry if the YT vid didn't show up as i should have not sure what i was supposed to do :oops: Engineer
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Yeah looks like the embargo's finished and the LP's and reviews are trickling in. Personally I usually watch Colonel Failure for my transport games, so I'll be checking out his series of streams in TF.

Still very excited!

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

PhiliThunder wrote:Sry if the YT vid didn't show up as i should have not sure what i was supposed to do :oops: Engineer
The url stuff past the ampersand isn't necessary :wink:

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

PhiliThunder wrote:Sry if the YT vid didn't show up as i should have not sure what i was supposed to do :oops: Engineer
I fixed it for you! :) You can remove everything after the video link itself, the &list... part.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

That video was rather interesting to watch. Interesting they went with voice overs for Objective texts and Campaign Descriptions.

Gotta love the voice acting though.... *at 110% volume* AMERIKAH!!!

Return to “Off-Topic”