Transport Fever

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Re: Transport Fever

Post by uzurpator »

I have to say, that once you get the hang of it, this game is quite cool.

Somewhat on the level of vanilla TTD/Early ttdpatch.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

So yeah, this game took me by surprise, so these are some pictures of my game: (A game which has come corrupted :() Currently playing on a new one, and a few from my last game: (More Amtrak stylish)
Attachments
20161202011631_1.jpg
(689.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20161218124027_1.jpg
(617.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20161218151930_1.jpg
(633.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

And sorry for double but this is my Amtrak train thingy:
Attachments
20170429195353_1.jpg
(653.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20170429195655_1.jpg
(713.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20170429195458_1.jpg
(549.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Oh, very nice stations in those 2nd batch of screens.

Haven't really gotten around to playing the newest version yet (just a little), but yeah, it's fairly nice game altogether. Still has got some issues, unfortunately.

Some pics of my last game:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =863933842
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =804139427
Every transportation game needs decorative objects, it seems.

Some stations:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =863933431
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =863933395
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =863933874

Given the speed limit feature a try:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =915661446
I tried to build a turn-around station there. It works with a bit of fiddling around, but (surprise surprise) is a horrible bottle neck, heh.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Pyoro wrote:I tried to build a turn-around station there. It works with a bit of fiddling around, but (surprise surprise) is a horrible bottle neck, heh.
I tried to make full connection to a mountainous branch line by having some switchback. I also did thought about climbing the mountain with switchbacks - but when I found out routes are only describeable between stations, I ended up making only the branch line switchback, swiftly replaced by bridges when the moderns bridges are available. Kind of sad they don't allow the waypoint system currently used in OpenTTD where you can make switchbacks with only waypoints and not full stations.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Routing with those stations only works if you include waypoints before and after the station, for some reason. ^^;
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

honestly it would be nice if perhaps a game could have the waypoint function of Locomotion so that you can click on parts of the route for the trains to take, on top of having proper waypoint pieces for looks and function.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Use the signals?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Game is a bit addicting, added some extra mods. And go to the german look :)
Attachments
20170527134721_1.jpg
(781.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20170528011649_1.jpg
(505.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20170528011816_1.jpg
(557.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Been playing the scenarios/"campaign", and I kind of understand how the game (economy) works at last. You really, really need to set up a whole service chain from raw materials to the end product (sent to towns), and practically you need in-town local pax service to make your long-distance pax transport done, but I wonder, this game is really harsh to actually make railways sensible. I ended up playing a whole lot of those campaigns with craploads of RVs, technically a moving conveyor belt sometimes. Wonder how you guys got those nice train and tracks - no cost mod ? :lol:
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

I always start with a (single line) passenger rail, most of the time between cities near a river.

No "no cost mod" on this one. This game started in 1900 if I remember correctly.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

So apparently starting off from freight in the game is harder ? That's quite backwards from what I almost always do in OTTD...
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

YNM wrote:So apparently starting off from freight in the game is harder ? That's quite backwards from what I almost always do in OTTD...
Not necessarily. Oil -> Fuel -> Town industry zone, can be an easy way to get started.
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

2 (glitchy :() video`s of a small part of my game, need to fix it :(. (It only does it while recording.)

Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Gameplay patch announced
JUNE 9 - TOMDOTIO
One week prior to the modding contest[www.transportfever.com] submission, we today announce the next major patch. Based on the feedback we receive every day, we identified many important gameplay requests and worked hard to realize these.

The gameplay patch brings waypoints for street vehicles, explicit line track/terminal selection at stations, consistent people and cargo when modifying infrastructure, an upgrade to ships so that they can carry more than one type of cargo, an unload only feature for vehicles, and much more.

We have also improved other elements of the game, such as tunnels that now actually cut the terrain so that you can see through, or user interface details like that the bulldozer now asks if you are sure when removing large structures. Many additional improvements and bug fixes as well as new modding features complete the patch.

For those of you interested in testing the patch, the beta test is scheduled to start on Wednesday, June 21. Information on how to test can be found in the “Testing version” paragraph in the Wiki[www.transportfever.com]. Official release of the patch is planned for July.

It is a pleasure for us to further improve Transport Fever and we are very happy that still so many players enjoy the game. Be assured that development continues, with major performance improvements being still on our to do list. Finally, we look forward to receiving the submissions of the «Design the future» modding contest[www.transportfever.com], and until then, all the best from Urban Games!

Release notes

Build 13240 (June 21)

Added explicit terminal/track/platform selection feature
Added terrain cut feature (to see through tunnels)
Added street waypoint feature
Added multiple cargo compartments per vehicle feature (ships)
Added new line/station load mode: unload only
Added application icon
Added confirmation dialog when bulldozing large structures
Added warning when no path can be found connecting all stops of a line
Added embankment slope property to street/track types
Added maintenance cost propetry to track/bridge/tunnel types
Added lightScale property to emissive material (use with ordinary dds/tga textures)
Improved people/cargo consistency: don't disappear on upgrade etc.
Improved text input fields: text selection
Improved street/track construction menu (incl. magic wand for tracks)
Improved overview tab in station window
Improved tunnel portals and interior geometry
Improved resource consistency (add new content like street types to existing game)
Improved industry order for small maps
Improved vehicle store
Improved user interface: added sliders in various places
Improved signal/waypoint window
Fixed vehicle logic: always send non-train cargo vehicles to first stop
Fixed rail discontinuity in double slip switch
Fixed task cannot be completed after medal in missoin EU02
Fixed sunken ship smoke in mission EU03
Fixed details in mission EU05
Fixed cargo load indicators not working for trams, ships and aircraft
Fixed save game dialog overwrite without confirmation in rare cases
Fixed transparent tunnel profile for parallel track case
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Working on a new skin, currently only as personal one :) So don't expect anything from me soon. :)
Attachments
20170805165119_1.jpg
(629.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20170805171109_1.jpg
(699.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Looks nice, though. Except for that scratch. Shouldn't have run over that hard of elephants :?

Latest patch was also pretty good. I think I should start a new save sometime soon ^^;
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

What scratch?
Attachments
20170806204327_1.jpg
(615.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
20170806205457_1.jpg
(677.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

I must say, I really like how towns programmatically scale up in this game. Actually I adore it.
Attachments
20171009_191550_img-0.png
(4.03 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20171010_064013_img-1.png
(3.75 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Currently tring to workout a P42 skin, then I need to find out how to do the rest and (maybe) relase it someday in the next century.
Attachments
p42wip.png
(3.97 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Off-Topic”