How am I in the wrong?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

How am I in the wrong?

Post by Zhall »

So I was a part of a 1 week "game jam" development group to make a game in under a week, all just for fun.

We elected one of the group members to be the director basically, and I was fine with doing what he wanted.

It quickly turned into a "My way or the highway" scenario and "You cant do 6 months of work in one week?"

I was absent to one of the meet-ups, but I got caught up the day before the project was due.

I had to install a whole operating system to get a certain program to work, jumped through so many hoops, and I get this...

(After being passive aggressive I turned to blatant cussing because this guy wouldn't listen to me, he totally ignored the progress I had made)
You are simply being aggressive and abusive at this point. I am requesting you cease and desist all contact with myself. Any further communication from you will result in an official complaint, along with these emails, filed to PIGSquad officials.
Cease and Desist? What does he think he is? A lawyer?

O wait, he's homeless and lives out of his car!

I guess I don't need to spend time trying to get back at him, because he's already cooked his goose.

Thoughts on how to deal with Authoritative leaders that think they can treat developers like s***?

Btw, I wasn't the only one he pissed off.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: How am I in the wrong?

Post by YNM »

If you think you can't, you shouldn't in the first place. That's my guess... Unless you're sure that someone at your level can. Taking risk is good but taking too much risk with only one relief is going to kill you...

A-week-done project shouldn't have any lead (say, in a newgrf dev a spriter might goes faster than the coder OR the reverse, you can't push someone for something you do for fun) ! Everyone can lead an effort like that, so everyone must be equal. If you found someone like that in the group, either you leave or that guy left. You're not his employee, you don't owe him anything for you to leave.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

How large was your team? How many did he p*** off?

You could always tell him as a group to leave (or simply remove him from any group communication channels and put him on personal ignore lists). You could also confront him as a group, if he's a half as big asshole as your post suggests there are bound to be more people who are irritated about him, but are maybe afraid to speak out. Chances are they get the courage to confront him as part of a group. Besides, a group is a lot stronger then a bunch of individuals.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

He pissed off half the team (2 of us), and the other guy was lost on how to react.

It devolved into the problem person leaving the group and calling the project a failure while I continued to work on it and got done what could be done in a week.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

He is now trying to attack us for stealing his IP.

I've taken every precaution to delete all of his work within what I made.
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

So he's harassing you now?

Store every email, etc., have witnesses with face to face confrontations (otherwise just ignore him) and store everything which could be considered harassment or defamation.

This guy is going to continue until he gets his way or has no more ability to harass you guys (right now he's passive aggressive).

Oh, and most importantly:

REMAIN CALM AND DON'T BECOME AGGRESSIVE IN ANY FORM. That's what he wants right now. He wants to make you angry.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

So - am I the only one who's naturally prejudiced against people who take internal conflicts into open forums that have no relation to what's going on whatsoever, citing only one side of an apparently rather personal disagreement? ^^
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'm with Pyoro on this.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Pyoro wrote:So - am I the only one who's naturally prejudiced against people
Nope.
Pyoro wrote:[...] who take internal conflicts into open forums that have no relation to what's going on whatsoever
oh... still nope.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Pyoro wrote:So - am I the only one who's naturally prejudiced against people who take internal conflicts into open forums that have no relation to what's going on whatsoever, citing only one side of an apparently rather personal disagreement? ^^
I'd agree with you if I didn't have 3 other people who are also pissed off at this guy.

I get the whole hear-say no witness thing, but this guy is severely outnumbered.

Return to “Off-Topic”