Eurovision Song Contest 2015

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Post by Redirect Left »

kamnet wrote:What I wish was that the Internet stream provided translation for those non-English songs. My friend in the UK said she got on-screen translations.
I believe that'd be BBC Interactive, or red button as we call it.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

doktorhonig wrote:At least most people said we've been a good host.
No offense, but nobody said that.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

That's what I heard from most of the performer's interviews, they liked the city and felt welcomed.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Måns Zelmerlöws has already voiced interest in being the host for Eurovision 2016. Time will tell if he gets his wish. He certainly seems confident enough for the job. One of things that makes him likeable, he's confident but not over the top to the point its just annoying.

Source: SVT.se (Translated from Swedish, for the non translated one, here)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

He's already an experienced TV host, from what I read, so why not?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

He does carry experience from hosting TV shows. There is a music show on every summer in Sweden, he hosted that for three years. He has also hosted the Swedish selection for Eurovision a couple years ago.

We need someone to speak good English (he can do this) and good French (which I haven't a clue if he can). I really liked Petra Mede from a few years back handling the show on her own but bringing her back again would be a bit too safe and boring.

Gina Dirawi is one person the media has been speculating about alongside Måns. Another former Swedish contestant, Sanna Nielsen, has also been mentioned.
My Scenarios:
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

Chrill wrote:No offense, but nobody said that.
kamnet wrote:That's what I heard from most of the performer's interviews, they liked the city and felt welcomed.
Yeah, they interviewed a few people, and their opinions were very positive. But yeah, they are probably just polite, and the ones that were negative could have been cut away anyway. And most cities try to be good hosts, so there are no really bad ones. Well, maybe except Moscow, where the police breaks up gay rights protests outside while the event is going on.

One thing that Vienna imho did better than many other cities, is to host the event in a densely populated area, close to a hipster district with lots of possibilities to continue partying. There would have been bigger venues, but they would have been worse for this event.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I have no opinion on Vienna as a host city, but the televised performance of the hosts was simply not very good.
My Scenarios:
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

I want Petra back! The fact she did the whole thing on her own, including a 8 minute song/dance number in the interval and for a Eurovision host was witty and charming (and unlike every other host, not crushingly awkward). Just because she's done it before doesn't mean it's boring.

You don't change the commentators every year because it's too same-y - you choose the best person for the job!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Our Eurovision manager said "Petra will be part of it one way or another", so maybe she will be participating. Book your hotels early, Stockholm hotels are already filling up quick for Eurovision week.
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Petra is easily one of my favorite Eurovision hosts I've seen. Not only a great host, but her interval act was pretty amazing. "Mamma Mia, IKEA! Has gone worldwide, Good luck assembling all the parts!" Classic :lol:
If you missed the interval act she did, I'd recommend it, or just watching it again. (Note, the act/song may have mild language, by the time the interval act is on, its fairly late in the evening don't forget!)
Chrill wrote:Stockholm hotels are already filling up quick for Eurovision week.
They're going to be upset if it changes then, so far dates are only provisional, and I don't think they've selected the location as Stockholm yet have they?
Last edited by Redirect Left on 26 May 2015 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote:
Chrill wrote:Stockholm hotels are already filling up quick for Eurovision week.
They're going to be upset if it changes then, so far dates are only provisional, and I don't think they've selected the location as Stockholm yet have they?
Very true. The week is not set in stone. It is likely it will be hosted in Stockholm since last time around, Stockholm was busy hosting the ice hockey world cup and therefore Malmö got it. I doubt they would pass up Stockholm twice. Besides, there is now a new arena in Stockholm suitable for hosting the Eurovision - Tele2 Arena.
My Scenarios:
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

Inscius wrote:This makes me wish that the hosting job goes to Gothenburg, just so people can have the displeasure of having to rebook their hotels.
It's the kind of everyday, minor evil deed that makes life worth living.
Nowadays done with a handful of clicks. Wouldn't make me very angry.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

doktorhonig wrote:Wouldn't make me very angry.
Unless you'd booked a non-refundable room (or flight, etc), perhaps.
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

orudge wrote:Unless you'd booked a non-refundable room (or flight, etc), perhaps.
Sure, but I think I just wouldn't do that for such a long time in the future. Or maybe I would do it, if it was really dirt-cheap, like a 19€ train ticket instead of a 100€ flexible one.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Some follow-up via Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision ... ntest_2015

After a tense voting process, based on 50% jury and 50% televoting, Sweden won the contest for the sixth time, with Måns Zelmerlöw's song "Heroes". Sweden became the first country to win the contest twice in the 21st century and in the current format, and this was the country's second win in three years. Italy won the viewers voting with Russia in second place, and Sweden in third place. Sweden won the jury voting, with Latvia in second place and Russia in third place. This is the first time since 2009 that the winner hasn't won the televoting.[1] For the first time, the top three of the contest all scored 280 points or better. Russia's entry "A Million Voices" became the first non-winning Eurovision song to score over 300 points. Austria and Germany became the first countries since 2003 to score no points in the final. Austria is also the first host country to score no points. The 2015 contest also saw the best ever result for Montenegro since its independence, and the Czech Republic.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Aye, it was all going off this year wasn't it.

Are you hooked enough to watch it again next year Kamnet ;)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I best start a bidding war.

One week in Stockholm during Eurovision 2016, I've got an inflatable bed which is comfortable enough. Breakfast included, staying at Chrill's place. Bids start at £5. Go!
My Scenarios:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Redirect Left wrote:Are you hooked enough to watch it again next year Kamnet ;)
I've already contacted our national TV broadcaster, PBS (Public Broadcasting Stations), asking them to pick up the Grand Finale, either live (3p-7p ET) or on delay (7p-11p local time). They can manage to air Downton Abbey, Call The Midwife, Poldark, Are You Being Served?, Upstairs Downstairs, and the series around Inspector Morse and Inspector Lewis, as well as the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and performances from Royal Albert Hall, I think they can make room for Eurovision.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I think it'd be fun to see America doing its own version of Eurovision, song from each state! I'd watch that. Try suggesting that too kamnet :p
kamnet wrote:Are You Being Served?,
hah, I love that show :D

Return to “Off-Topic”