Cities: Skylines

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Cities: Skylines

Post by YNM »

Pyoro wrote:
YNM wrote:Something that frustate me a bit is the sewage and water pipes - you can't cross or connect them, so careful placing schemes are needed !
What? That's not true ^^;

The longer you play, the more problems become obvious. Well. Let's see what they still make of the game =)
That's kind of it for me... I'm only using one pump station and one wastewater dump. You have to place the pump upriver, and you must fit the pipes from it in a way that each house get both clean and waste water pipe. Probably due to my own first roads, expanding this network along with expansion of the neighborhood is a problem on itself, often reallignment is needed so the pipes are as efficient as possible. Dunno with yours, maybe you don't serve them from the start ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Either I misunderstand you or you misunderstand how water in the game works. All you need to do is connect your fresh water to the sewage outlet. All pipes are "combined" fresh/sewage water. If you want, all you need to do is cover the map with a grid of pipes like this:
cities_pipes.png
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
Nothing difficult about it whatsoever ^^;
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Yeah there's no need to keep sewage and water pipes separate - they carry both.

Blue is water, the turquoise is sewage.
2015-03-22_00001.jpg
(167.63 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Also, I am really enjoying this game. Gone to 84k in my first town! Offices and Commercial are the only employers here - no industry!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/born_acorn ... pid=255710
Dave

Post by Dave »

The missus has just purchased a new laptop and this followed v quickly.

Enjoying the reports in the twitter feeds!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Pyoro wrote:Either I misunderstand you or you misunderstand how water in the game works. All you need to do is connect your fresh water to the sewage outlet. All pipes are "combined" fresh/sewage water. If you want, all you need to do is cover the map with a grid of pipes like this:
cities_pipes.png
Nothing difficult about it whatsoever ^^;
Dunno, thought read it somewhere that they can't be connected... Thanks for the info anyway, that'd save money spent in mains :wink:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Thinking of splashing out on a new game, and this is currently the #1 on my Steam wishlist.

Do you guys feel its worth the £22.99? Any noteable issues with it, or is it as good as everyone is actually saying? These sorts of games have been a bit D: for me since I was sucked into SimCitys complete bums up in 2013. Don't want to get burnt so badly again.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Worth the prize is always such a subjective feel; I feel you can certainly play some 20-30h easily _right now_, and that's imo "worth" the money. There's also the prospect of rather long support + modability, so it might even be better long run, but as for how exactly we'll have to see.

As for it's current state ... it's a fun city builder, and you can do really neat things.
BUT there are (totally surprisingly ;) ) lots of issues. No game stoppers really, it's still great, but the list of things that could be better is very long. So it's really mostly a question of whether small issues bug you or not - is it a huge issue that the various means to produce electricity aren't really well-balanced? Is it a huge issue that eduction right now works in a way that'll basically make everybody in the city "educated"? Does it bug you that it's basically impossible to have crime problems in the city? That buses have really low capacity and trains really have some issues? etc Can't say any of this really bothered me. But they're there nonetheless.

It's a good game, but a lot of reviews are imo exaggerating, especially the early ones. Many things you only notice after building a few cities or after building a big one and checking the details, so I guess that's no surprise ...
Dave

Post by Dave »

I'd be disappointed if I found out everything about a game on my first play!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

NSFW mods are officially out. For a city builder game.

What a time to be alive.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Well, OpenTTD has NSFW buses ;D

What exactly does the mod add? The ability to look into bedroom windows of your CiMs? ^^
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Seems to add new "buildings" of extraordinary shapes.

Well in other news, there's also a flight sim mod.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Time for a the rare and endangered doublepost.

https://gfycat.com/DarlingGaseousBird

-Drury
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

The unbreakable elastic coupling is working well!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Well, taken the plunge. Found a cheaper than Steam place to buy a Steam key from (yay for GameKeyFinder).

Now to install and see how it goes!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

If you haven't got the game yet, it's on sale in the humble store for 18,66 € right now. Went bankrupt twice today already.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

idk about them but I post this on TT-Forums at night :D
Some things mentioned during the livestream:
The day and night cycle isn't just a visual feature, it effects simulation. Two new commercial specializations. Leisure, allows you to place entertainment zones and boosts night life. The downside is that it can create criminal activity. Second one is Beach Front that plays together with the water in the game. Increases the value of the water front. Both of these things bring tourism to the city. Taxi service added. Bike lanes added. Completely reworked police department, added jails. New dual functional cargo hub. Cargo hubs are harbors that accept cargo trains straight to the terminal. International airport is a huge airport, allowing much more traffic than the previous airport. It has a metro station attached to it. Bus terminal allows citizens to transfer to other bus lines in the terminal building

-Drury
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Sounds nice, all that. Will buy.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

It's out. The night modus looks in-sa-ne-ly awesome. Shame solar power plants are useless now, as far as I can see ... ^^;
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Yes I loaded up my largest city, powered by Solar power plants. It was not good. Had to go Nuclear!

They should add weather, with, of course, wind affecting the speed of wind turbines too.

Return to “Off-Topic”