Parkitect - I can't believe it's not RCT 2

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Parkitect - I can't believe it's not RCT 2

Post by Drury »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... /parkitect

Parkitect is a simulation game where you get to build a successful theme park! Design roller coasters, install shops and thrill rides, and top it all off with incredible scenery and dynamic landscapes. Management is key: you'll have to look after employees, resources, and park infrastructure. Fail at that and face the consequences! Unhappy cashiers might annoy guests, unhappy custodians will leave your park a mess, and unhappy ride maintenance teams will leave your guests a mess.
Interactive trailer/uninteractive demo

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Parkitect - I can't believe it's not RCT 2

Post by Purno »

Wow, this looks like it has RCT2 interface and gameplay, with updated graphics. I'd pay for that!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Hm. I hope the graphics style isn't final, deffo not a fan of that style of graphics, but otherwise, not a bad start.
Maintaining the Illusion

Guests don't want to see the "behind the scenes" parts of your park. Build separate roads, paths and utility tunnels to keep resource transports and staff discretely hidden from your guests. Scenery doesn't just make the park prettier to look at, but ensures that your guests will never get a glance at the parts of the park they shouldn't see.
I felt this was missing from RCT. and I was always fencing off the back of rides or coaasters, more so it looked more safe!

Given them the $20 CAD backing.
Last edited by Redirect Left on 28 Aug 2014 14:32, edited 2 times in total.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Purno wrote:Wow, this looks like it has RCT2 interface and gameplay, with updated graphics. I'd pay for that!
It indeed looks very good, and you can pay for that, lowest level including access to the game at release is a little over 10 Euro.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

This looks like a really promising project - exactly what the latest versions of RCT should have been. I particularly like the background infrastructure idea.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Redirect Left wrote:Hm. I hope the graphics style isn't final, deffo not a fan of that style of graphics, but otherwise, not a bad start.
Yeah, I didn't care for the graphics, either. But it definitely looks interesting. Then again, I own my copy of RCT2 and it works pretty much fine, and I can make my own graphics and build my own mods...

Still, nice to have something new as well.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

kamnet wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:Hm. I hope the graphics style isn't final, deffo not a fan of that style of graphics, but otherwise, not a bad start.
Yeah, I didn't care for the graphics, either. But it definitely looks interesting. Then again, I own my copy of RCT2 and it works pretty much fine, and I can make my own graphics and build my own mods...

Still, nice to have something new as well.
I bought the Steam version of RCT2 (although i have the disk of it too somewhere, lazy), i still play RCT2 on a weekly basis! Would be nice to see Parkitect become something, hopefully it will have lots of new interesting rides that RCT missed.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Transportman wrote:
Purno wrote:Wow, this looks like it has RCT2 interface and gameplay, with updated graphics. I'd pay for that!
It indeed looks very good, and you can pay for that, lowest level including access to the game at release is a little over 10 Euro.
Oh you misunderstood me, I'd pay once it's released and it meets my expectations. Paying up front seems like a gamble to me.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The point of paying up-front is to support the developers in their efforts so that they don't starve to death or go broke before they finish the game. Yes, it's a gamble, but think of it like being an angel investor in a new company.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I understand the principle, but it's something new to me. I rather take the safe way for myself. If that makes me look like a cheap guy, then I guess that's the price I have to pay :P
Image Image
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

kamnet wrote:The point of paying up-front is to support the developers in their efforts so that they don't starve to death or go broke before they finish the game. Yes, it's a gamble, but think of it like being an angel investor in a new company.
That would be fine, but it's not like you get a share of the profits.
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Kevo00 wrote:
kamnet wrote:The point of paying up-front is to support the developers in their efforts so that they don't starve to death or go broke before they finish the game. Yes, it's a gamble, but think of it like being an angel investor in a new company.
That would be fine, but it's not like you get a share of the profits.
But you're also only paying the price of the game anyway. It's the same as pre-ordering a game - you can't guarantee it's going to be good, but you hope it will be. Only in this instance, pre-ordering provides the funds to actually develop the game, and not to give the company a profit. If you're willing to pre-order a game/album/tech item normally, I personally don't see the problem in paying the same amount for a Kickstarter project.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Unless you chip in more than the price of the game, in which case you get extra perks, such as becoming part of the game development. That's a kind of perk that VCs quite frequently get.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Good news. It's been funded!
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zakos »

In full? I was about to chip in :P

EDIT: Just read over it again, and I'd chip in, but not that much. I suppose I'm a bit put-off by how smooth it is. Hopefully they'll do more work with shading.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Yeah, it looks a really nice concept, but the current graphics seem a little too much like placeholder art. Here's hoping it is.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Born Acorn wrote:Yeah, it looks a really nice concept, but the current graphics seem a little too much like placeholder art. Here's hoping it is.
Have you tried asking in the comments section of their Kickstarter? The owner is very open and honest and fairly quick with replies :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I kinda like the graphics. They're cartoonish and share a nice resemblance with RCT2 which brings back old memories. :P
Image Image

Return to “Off-Topic”